F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Lightweight 19s for le$$
ARMA SPEED

09-04-2020, 07:32 PM   #23
Genieman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: yes please

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG-inFlaNow View Post
Looks great, I got a set of these off Ebay back in November b/c Im cheap and the price was right!
I cracked one during COVID going to see my parents but there was a drain cover in the middle of the road and I didnt see it. You def have more sidewall on yours so I think youll be fine. Heres the silver for anyone else toying with the idea
Which did you crack? The ls007 or the aff7?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 07:08 AM   #24
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 435 Vert Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genieman View Post
My Aodhan
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 07:09 AM   #25
Genieman
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
My Aodhan
Which Aodhan are those, the flow formed or the cast?
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 07:16 AM   #26
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yikes, I have no clue. I just looked back at my purchase and it doesnt say. I'll assume cast the way it snapped and I'm thinking flow formed is more expensive
Appreciate 1
Genieman245.50
      09-08-2020, 07:18 AM   #27
Genieman
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Yikes, I have no clue. I just looked back at my purchase and it doesnt say. I'll assume cast the way it snapped and I'm thinking flow formed is more expensive
The cast version model number is LS007 and the flow formed model number is AFF7.

Just curious cuz I'm considering these but if they crack like that, even though that doesn't look like you hit a regular pothole, it's still worrisome.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 08:24 AM   #28
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
The cast version model number is LS007 and the flow formed model number is AFF7.

Just curious cuz I'm considering these but if they crack like that, even though that doesn't look like you hit a regular pothole, it's still worrisome.
Bought in October 2019:
AodHan LS007 19x8.5 19x9.5 5X120 +35 Silver BMW 3 Series 5 Series Staggered
( 264386338716 )
rimandtirecenter3464Feedback percentage of99.8%

I was coming around a corner and there was no one on the roads due to COVID. I must not have been paying attention but a pipe cover probably about 3-6 inches in diameter must have been off kilter on the pipe and I clocked it at about 45-50mph. I cant complaint too much as coming from up north (NJ) I had grown accustom to blowing out tires and cracking rims on potholes and road hazards. Down here in FL the roads are overall pretty good so it was the only time in 5 years so far I had an issue. I love the wheels, the finish on them is great as well. Just dumb luck I guess
Appreciate 1
Genieman245.50
      09-08-2020, 08:27 AM   #29
Genieman
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Bought in October 2019:
( 264386338716 )

I was coming around a corner and there was no one on the roads due to COVID. I must not have been paying attention but a pipe cover probably about 3-6 inches in diameter must have been off kilter on the pipe and I clocked it at about 45-50mph. I cant complaint too much as coming from up north (NJ) I had grown accustom to blowing out tires and cracking rims on potholes and road hazards. Down here in FL the roads are overall pretty good so it was the only time in 5 years so far I had an issue. I love the wheels, the finish on them is great as well. Just dumb luck I guess
Luckily, the upside of "cheap" rims is that they are cheap to replace when there are issues.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 08:52 AM   #30
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Luckily, the upside of "cheap" rims is that they are cheap to replace when there are issues.
I bought a replacement and an EXTRA
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 01:52 PM   #31
Torquey
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i GT | 550i 6MT

Quote:
Bought in October 2019:
( 264386338716 )

Looks like the tire also got damaged pretty bad... tells me it probably could've busted up any other wheel. Also the LFF7s are cast and the AFF7s are forged... for whatever it's worth when it comes to strength. Was it front or rear?

I'm about 300 miles into this set and so far so good... smooth & quiet (tested upto 100). The wheels did need some weight to balance properly. But mine being bronze in color, the steel squares stuck out hideously. So I took one the kids' metallic gold Pentel markers and tried to blend those in the best that I could... but still pretty obvious lol. At some point I plan on getting some touch-up paint that is close enough.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 02:19 PM   #32
Tommy-G
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquey View Post
Looks like the tire also got damaged pretty bad... tells me it probably could've busted up any other wheel. Also the LFF7s are cast and the AFF7s are forged... for whatever it's worth when it comes to strength. Was it front or rear?

Yes, def caught a blow out when it happened. No suspension damage however and you are likely right. I dont imagine too many wheels with that profile tire on it holding up very well. It was a front. I wish I was able to get a picture of the object but it went flying into gator infested (sounds more interesting) waters and I wasnt in the mood to wrestle that day. I was more worried about the food I had in the truck going bad
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 04:31 PM   #33
BAKKI
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i

Torquey Long-term update? I'm eyeing the exact same set that you got to replace my stock 18s. Mainly wondering if you 1) had any issues pop up with the rims and 2) noticed any differences in handling going from your heavy 18s to the lighter 19s. I'll also be saving ~9 pounds each corner -- seems like a no brainer
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 07:33 PM   #34
Torquey
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKKI View Post
Torquey Long-term update? I'm eyeing the exact same set that you got to replace my stock 18s. Mainly wondering if you 1) had any issues pop up with the rims and 2) noticed any differences in handling going from your heavy 18s to the lighter 19s. I'll also be saving ~9 pounds each corner -- seems like a no brainer
I'm over 3000 miles into this set and am happy to report that so far they've been great! I've driven over pretty much every kind of road and the wheels have held up just fine. After getting them balanced on "road force" a machine... they have ZERO vibration or shimmy. I almost feel that the fronts could use a 8-10mm spacer for the perfect flush look... but not in a hurry to try that.

Handling wise, it's hard to tell actually... as my car is pretty heavy to begin with and I don't/ can't drive it like a 'go-kart'. However i do feel braking seems to take less effort. Here are some more recent pics on my lowered suspension...

Appreciate 0
      11-10-2020, 04:51 PM   #35
BAKKI
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torquey View Post
I'm over 3000 miles into this set and am happy to report that so far they've been great! I've driven over pretty much every kind of road and the wheels have held up just fine. After getting them balanced on "road force" a machine... they have ZERO vibration or shimmy. I almost feel that the fronts could use a 8-10mm spacer for the perfect flush look... but not in a hurry to try that.

Handling wise, it's hard to tell actually... as my car is pretty heavy to begin with and I don't/ can't drive it like a 'go-kart'. However i do feel braking seems to take less effort. Here are some more recent pics on my lowered suspension...
Man I don't know if it's the suspension, lighting, or the center caps but those look even nicer than before. Beautiful car man.

That settles it, I'm grabbing these Wondering if I should wait for Black Friday to look for further deals -- though I'm not sure if anything will beat the 20% Aodhan's already giving.

Where'd you get those BMW center caps / what size are they?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2020, 06:14 PM   #36
Torquey
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks so much!

Since Black Friday is only couple of weeks away, it can't hurt to wait. You can also DM Aodhan via Facebook to find out. They may give you advance look into the types of specials that are upcoming. When I was chatting with them, they were pretty responsive.

The centercaps for these are 60mm in size. I ended up ordering a set of metal stick-on BMW logos from Etsy (~$20). A guy in Portugal makes these in many different sizes. Basically i pasted them on top of the Aodhan centercaps... they look pretty nice and have strong 3M adhesive backing. You can also easily find cheap chinese alternatives on Amazon or eBay.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 06:36 PM   #37
BAKKI
Private
Rep

Torquey Update: I just grabbed these in black They look absolutely amazing & with the go-flats handling is a world better than before. I'll definitely post some pics once I get my car washed.

Could you link me to the center caps you got? It seems like most of them are 68mm rather than 60 – and tabbed rather than stick-on.
Appreciate 0