F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
proTUNING Freaks

Yesterday, 01:29 AM   #3895
30secs
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30secs View Post
Hi guys, need some help. I just installed a front camera (dvr input) and the "F_CAM" app works. However, I didn't find any other app that will recognize the camera.

A. Are there other apps or configuration that can work with the dvr can other than "F_CAM" ? I tried many on the app store but none can connect to the camera.
B. If the answer to A is no, i use a different launcher but can't access the "F_CAM" app for summer reason. (maybe system shortcut?). How can I export/download the app to use in the new launcher?

Thank you!
You can try the DVR app that is available in ID6 UI, not sure about your launcher though.
can you elaborate? not sure what the id6 dvr app is. I'd prefer to use an Android app as I use the Android 10 os almost exclusively.

there should be an Android up for the dvr av(?) connection, or a way to create a shortcut to f_cam? that app works well for me but limited. any help with either options would be greatly appreciated.

and I use smart launcher which I recommend. very clean, main all icons on the side, accessible via controller wheel.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:34 AM   #3896
30secs
Rep

FYI, if you're thinking about getting an Android 10 hu and don't want to wait a month I recommend the Pemp 64/4gb. Great unit and can be had for $450 after $50 discount.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VHVSHY1...PM5ZGPMBFPQ35E

Last edited by 30secs; Yesterday at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:12 AM   #3897
serge858
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
can you elaborate? not sure what the id6 dvr app is. I'd prefer to use an Android app as I use the Android 10 os almost exclusively.

there should be an Android up for the dvr av(?) connection, or a way to create a shortcut to f_cam? that app works well for me but limited. any help with either options would be greatly appreciated.

and I use smart launcher which I recommend. very clean, main all icons on the side, accessible via controller wheel.
ID6 is a UI in Factory Settings. Once you change to that UI the DVR app will be available. Pretty much the same as F_cam app but again I doubt it will work with a different launcher/UI.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:41 AM   #3898
Kri
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
FYI, if you're thinking about getting an Android 10 hu and don't want to wait a month I recommend the pump 64/4gb. Great unit and can be had for $450 after $50 discount.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VHVSHY1...PM5ZGPMBFPQ35E
Can you post a screenshot of the System Info page ? i want to identify the vendor

Kri
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:43 AM   #3899
Danydra
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90

Do the Firmware Updates and mcu also Work For the 8.8 Display Model running snapdragon 625 or only with the 10.25?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:06 AM   #3900
RedErik
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danydra View Post
Do the Firmware Updates and mcu also Work For the 8.8 Display Model running snapdragon 625 or only with the 10.25?
Screen size is completely irrelevant for the firmware updates. It only matters for the MCU but it has to match also other things.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:21 PM   #3901
ovid1u
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw e60

problem at upgrade firmware
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:39 PM   #3902
30secs
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
ID6 is a UI in Factory Settings. Once you change to that UI the DVR app will be available. Pretty much the same as F_cam app but again I doubt it will work with a different launcher/UI.
Gotcha thanks. I use id7 but will check id6. Still going through kws which I'm trying to avoid.

I hope someone can help with an Android app for an AV input. Is it difficult because the av is Android HU hardware specific? If that's the case I hope someone can point to that file/shortcut. It would help a lot of us with 3rd party cameras.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:17 PM   #3903
RedErik
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovid1u View Post
problem at upgrade firmware