F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
proTUNING Freaks
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      Yesterday, 01:29 AM   #3895
30secs
New Member
0
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: Bmw 330i
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30secs View Post
Hi guys, need some help. I just installed a front camera (dvr input) and the "F_CAM" app works. However, I didn't find any other app that will recognize the camera.

A. Are there other apps or configuration that can work with the dvr can other than "F_CAM" ? I tried many on the app store but none can connect to the camera.
B. If the answer to A is no, i use a different launcher but can't access the "F_CAM" app for summer reason. (maybe system shortcut?). How can I export/download the app to use in the new launcher?

Thank you!
You can try the DVR app that is available in ID6 UI, not sure about your launcher though.
can you elaborate? not sure what the id6 dvr app is. I'd prefer to use an Android app as I use the Android 10 os almost exclusively.

there should be an Android up for the dvr av(?) connection, or a way to create a shortcut to f_cam? that app works well for me but limited. any help with either options would be greatly appreciated.

and I use smart launcher which I recommend. very clean, main all icons on the side, accessible via controller wheel.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:34 AM   #3896
30secs
New Member
0
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: Bmw 330i
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

FYI, if you're thinking about getting an Android 10 hu and don't want to wait a month I recommend the Pemp 64/4gb. Great unit and can be had for $450 after $50 discount.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VHVSHY1...PM5ZGPMBFPQ35E

Last edited by 30secs; Yesterday at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 02:12 AM   #3897
serge858
Second Lieutenant
serge858's Avatar
96
Rep
256
Posts

Drives: BMW X5 E70
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Russia, Moscow

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30secs View Post
can you elaborate? not sure what the id6 dvr app is. I'd prefer to use an Android app as I use the Android 10 os almost exclusively.

there should be an Android up for the dvr av(?) connection, or a way to create a shortcut to f_cam? that app works well for me but limited. any help with either options would be greatly appreciated.

and I use smart launcher which I recommend. very clean, main all icons on the side, accessible via controller wheel.
ID6 is a UI in Factory Settings. Once you change to that UI the DVR app will be available. Pretty much the same as F_cam app but again I doubt it will work with a different launcher/UI.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:41 AM   #3898
Kri
Captain
Austria
747
Rep
895
Posts

Drives: E87
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30secs View Post
FYI, if you're thinking about getting an Android 10 hu and don't want to wait a month I recommend the pump 64/4gb. Great unit and can be had for $450 after $50 discount.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VHVSHY1...PM5ZGPMBFPQ35E
Can you post a screenshot of the System Info page ? i want to identify the vendor

Kri
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:43 AM   #3899
Danydra
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: E90
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Bavaria

iTrader: (0)

Do the Firmware Updates and mcu also Work For the 8.8 Display Model running snapdragon 625 or only with the 10.25?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 09:06 AM   #3900
RedErik
Captain
RedErik's Avatar
Scotland
486
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: BMW 645Ci
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Inverness

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danydra View Post
Do the Firmware Updates and mcu also Work For the 8.8 Display Model running snapdragon 625 or only with the 10.25?
Screen size is completely irrelevant for the firmware updates. It only matters for the MCU but it has to match also other things.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:21 PM   #3901
ovid1u
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: bmw e60
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: craiova

iTrader: (0)

problem at upgrade firmware
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 03:39 PM   #3902
30secs
New Member
0
Rep
14
Posts

Drives: Bmw 330i
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
ID6 is a UI in Factory Settings. Once you change to that UI the DVR app will be available. Pretty much the same as F_cam app but again I doubt it will work with a different launcher/UI.
Gotcha thanks. I use id7 but will check id6. Still going through kws which I'm trying to avoid.

I hope someone can help with an Android app for an AV input. Is it difficult because the av is Android HU hardware specific? If that's the case I hope someone can point to that file/shortcut. It would help a lot of us with 3rd party cameras.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:17 PM   #3903
RedErik
Captain
RedErik's Avatar
Scotland
486
Rep
855
Posts

Drives: BMW 645Ci
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Inverness

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovid1u View Post
problem at upgrade firmware
Try different USB stick.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST