F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > F30 Lock issue
proTUNING Freaks

07-16-2018, 08:55 PM   #1
slasheer
Rep
Drives: BMW

F30 Lock issue

Hello,

First of all, I hope im in the right section of the forum with this problem.

I used search, went through the topics however I did not really find 100% satisfaying answer.

Recently while driving around I realized that my lock was up (the pin in the door). Obviously quick testing showed that my driver side lock is not working anymore. After few calls to my friends who have/had BMW they told me that the problem is with Actuator. So going through the topics on the forum, since problem with the lock was pretty common issue in E90, which shares the same lock as F30, I came up with different ideas.

One of my friend had the issue that lock was locking but was not opening.
Another friend could not open the door - handle was not working, same as the lock.

My case is - I can open the door using my handle, I can lock the door using my key (key, not the remote) , I can lock/unlock other doors using my remote, button inside the car, sensor on my handle outside of driver and passenger side. I do not hear any sound "inside" the door while doing any of the testing of closing opening the car.

I have checked the fuse boxes, checked all 4 fuses, seems to me to be "ok." - another thing here, I found that its better to use bigger fuse sometimes (?) but on which one? One of my friends fixed his lock using a repair kit (however his lock was at least making some noise)

Now instead finding a solution to my problem i feel more confused what could be the issue.

Should I open the actuator and use the "repair kit" - would it work, if i can't hear any noise inside the door?
Should I buy new actuator and replace the broken one?
Or there is a possibility that the issue is somewhere else, that someone could suggest?

Fueses checked 22,104,150,163.

Any ideas, recommendations?

Im careful on the decision because I'm not living in USA anymore and actuator cost here around 200$ itself - that would suck if the issue is somewhere else, because i won't be able to replace that anymore.

Is there any way that my car is throwing an error somewhere in the computer about it?

Thanks for help!
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2023, 03:17 PM   #2
EmmJay
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 335

Hey, any chance you figured out the issue behind your door not locking? From your description I'm experiencing a very similar issue. I took the plunge and replaced the door lock actuator, but unfortunately that didn't fix it for me, so trying to figure out what else it could be.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2023, 08:20 PM   #3
huey
Rep
Drives: 430i xdrive

This may help - good luck

if you check out this user he has tons of good write ups, ++ for fixing actuator rather than replacing

https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/...or-repair.html
Appreciate 0