F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Can you remap steering wheel button to something else?
proTUNING Freaks

11-25-2020, 04:17 PM   #23
scotsman335dxDrive
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 335d xDrive M Sport Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsey View Post
Would be great if the "SET" button for the cruise control could be coded to operate as Set/Limit but I doubt that's possible.
To code for the Speed Limit Function on the steering wheel aka Cruise Control SET.
Using Bimmercode.

ICM > 3000 daten, F8 > C_SLD_Funktion > aktiv
ICM > 3000 daten, F8 > C_Umschaltung_ACC_DCC > zugelassen
KOMBI->3003 FZG_Ausstattung, 10->SLD_ENABLE->aktiv.
Done.
I think this is what you are looking / asking for.
      11-26-2020, 12:12 PM   #24
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsman335dxDrive View Post
To code for the Speed Limit Function on the steering wheel aka Cruise Control SET.
Using Bimmercode.

Done.
Ideally I'd like the SET button for the cruise control to change from SET/Off to a multi-function button operating with a loop => SET/Limit/Off/SET/Limit/Off.

I have BimmerCode so will try your suggestion.

Thanks for posting
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 03:08 PM   #25
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Using Bimmercode.

Done.
Partial success using Bimmercode.

Changing "ICM > 3000 daten, F8 > C_SLD_Funktion" to "aktiv" changes the functionality of the SET button to operate as LIM on/off. The LIM function works

"ICM > 3000 daten, F8 > C_Umschaltung_ACC_DCC > zugelassen" was already in this configuration. No need to change anything on my car.

I'm sure that the KOMBI module use to be listed in Bimmercode (or was it in Carly ? Can't remember, but will check) but it's not listed. I'm not currently able to code "KOMBI->3003 FZG_Ausstattung, 10->SLD_ENABLE" to "aktiv".

At this point the steering wheel controls operate as :

SET button is now the LIM function. One press for On, one press for Off.

The Cruise control button (icon of speedo with arrow) is still for On/Off.

The "Res" button is now cruise control speed Set and Resume.

If cruise is active and I want to pause it (cruise is still available, but is not managing the speed of the car) then it just needs one press of the Cruise button. A second press turns cruise off completely.

That's workable, but I don't know whether I can access the KOMBI module whether FZG_Ausstattung, 10->SLD_ENABLE > aktiv is required and what it does.

Can you clarify ?
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 03:15 PM   #26
scotsman335dxDrive
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Partial success using Bimmercode.

Changing "ICM > 3000 daten, F8 > C_SLD_Funktion" to "aktiv" changes the functionality of the SET button to operate as LIM on/off. The LIM function works

"ICM > 3000 daten, F8 > C_Umschaltung_ACC_DCC > zugelassen" was already in this configuration. No need to change anything on my car.

I'm sure that the KOMBI module use to be listed in Bimmercode (or was it in Carly ? Can't remember, but will check) but it's not listed. I'm not currently able to code "KOMBI->3003 FZG_Ausstattung, 10->SLD_ENABLE" to "aktiv".

At this point the steering wheel controls operate as :

SET button is now the LIM function. One press for On, one press for Off.

The Cruise control button (icon of speedo with arrow) is still for On/Off.

The "Res" button is now cruise control speed Set and Resume.

If cruise is active and I want to pause it (cruise is still available, but is not managing the speed of the car) then it just needs one press of the Cruise button. A second press turns cruise off completely.

That's workable, but I don't know whether I can access the KOMBI module whether FZG_Ausstattung, 10->SLD_ENABLE > aktiv is required and what it does.

Can you clarify ?
Hi bud,

I`m only passing on the coding that Stephan from Bimmercode emailed me to enable the Limit function. Sorry.
      11-28-2020, 03:21 PM   #27
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hi bud,

I`m only passing on the coding that Stephan from Bimmercode emailed me to enable the Limit function. Sorry.
No problem - thanks for letting me know.

I've already emailed him about not seeing the KOMBI module - hopefully he will be able to clarify.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2020, 03:24 PM   #28
scotsman335dxDrive
Second Lieutenant
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
No problem - thanks for letting me know.

I've already emailed him about not seeing the KOMBI module - hopefully he will be able to clarify.
He is usually quite prompt with a reply in my experience. Cheers
      04-03-2023, 11:06 PM   #29
thepianist1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01

I have the newer G series steering wheel with -/+ volume at the top, the < > back/forward in the middle and the scroller wheel in between. Is there any way to program any of these buttons to control the iDrive screen? When I want to input an address, search query or text message while driving, I have to use my voice or the iDrive knob. Voice is highly inaccurate, and the iDrive knob is a pain to rotate the exact number of clicks to get from A to V to E etc, meaning I have to keep my right hand off the steering wheel for a longer period. I'm also not an avid smart phone user, so I can't input this info from my phone using Android Auto/Carplay, so I rely pretty heavily on BMW maps, and being able to control iDrive from steering wheel while driving will probably make using iDrive much simpler.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2023, 09:26 AM   #30
bmwstig
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D

Would love this feature
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2023, 02:52 AM   #31
driverbmwx
Registered
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW 435D Cabrio

hello everyone. The LIM button is nice but I personally don't use it at all. I just don't like limitations . I thought it would be a great option to program it to run sport or sport + or something like that. how to do it and is it even possible
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2024, 03:56 PM   #32
Joshc99
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmwF30,E83

Quote:
Using Bimmercode.

Done.

How do I code the dial to change songs with bluetooth? (I have coded in bluetooth but dial only shows the song playing)
Appreciate 0