F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Not 3 related but question about the 7 series
ARMA SPEED

09-20-2018, 12:11 PM   #23
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

I really like the 7 series and think it's a quite a left field choice these days compared to getting a large SUV (were most of the market has moved to)

People tend to go from 3 series size car up to a full size SUV these days when they want a big luxury car when they used to go for an A8/7er/S-class etc...

A 5er is very nice but a bit middle management, if you can buy one at the right price I think the 7 is a good choice.

Although a friend used to have 7 series and we all called him "The Chairman" to take the piss.
      09-20-2018, 12:16 PM   #24
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_virge View Post
No probs - it is expected that she will be able to drive once her conditions are under control but this may take 6-12m and once being able to drive again we only expect her to be driving locally.......for this reason we are looking at a cheaper car at this point and potentially saving the cost of the second car and associated costs for the next 6-12 months.......

I agree that on paper we may take a 'hit' but at the moment it is all about what options we have......
Reading your other thread if you've not had your wife's 118d for very long I think I'd be accepting it wasn't going to get much use for the next 6 months and sticking with your existing cars for now. Jumping out of something that was bought brand new when it's still less than a year old is usually a recipe for a financial soaking so unless you're offered a mega deal (concealed discount!) against something else I'd sit on my hands for a bit if I were you.

Hopefully your wife will be back driving sooner rather than later!
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 02:08 PM   #25
on_the_virge
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Ex M140i.....to be replaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by on_the_virge View Post
No probs - it is expected that she will be able to drive once her conditions are under control but this may take 6-12m and once being able to drive again we only expect her to be driving locally.......for this reason we are looking at a cheaper car at this point and potentially saving the cost of the second car and associated costs for the next 6-12 months.......

I agree that on paper we may take a 'hit' but at the moment it is all about what options we have......
Reading your other thread if you've not had your wife's 118d for very long I think I'd be accepting it wasn't going to get much use for the next 6 months and sticking with your existing cars for now. Jumping out of something that was bought brand new when it's still less than a year old is usually a recipe for a financial soaking so unless you're offered a mega deal (concealed discount!) against something else I'd sit on my hands for a bit if I were you.

Hopefully your wife will be back driving sooner rather than later!
Yeah you may probably be right....if there is a deal to be done then so be it, if there is too much financial downside then we will be stay as is, until the the right time....until then it will be a case of which car do I use today....