F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Did I mess up? No purge, vent hose 435i
Studio RSR

01-29-2021, 10:44 PM   #1
antzonthe1
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i

Unhappy Did I mess up? No purge, vent hose 435i

Today I was driving and got the low coolant warning. Immediately after I got to a red light and saw some smoke under my hood. 2 mins later I got to my destination and more smoke. Not crazy hotbox amount but definitely there. The ol coolant hose snapped, on both ends. Didn’t even know about a bleed system until I had already driven it 20 miles. I just swapped the part and topped the coolant. Noticed way less smoke still after, assumed it was the hot splashed coolant touching the hot parts. No new leaks noticed. Sprayed the engine bay down when I got home. So should I still do the bleed procedure tomorow morning? The coolant tank was a bit less than when I filled it, and there isn’t really a clear fill line?? I see one small mark but it has no words. I did use the hot air to defrost my windows. Could the driving have got the air out? Did I possibly damage the engine? The temp gauge never went over halfways.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 11:17 PM   #2
328iX
David
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328iX F31

Doesn't matter, if you didn't overheat, and you still have heat in the cabin there isn't that much air in the system. Yes it should be bled, but you're fine.
Appreciate 0