F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > New diet plan
ARMA SPEED

05-12-2021, 05:48 PM   #45
Harryg
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4series Grand Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRS_SN View Post
A. People who were diagnosed 11 years ago who took up cycling to work 12 miles/ day and who have had all subsequent HbA1c of 40's who we still keep under annual review and talk to yearly even if it is to say good work.

B. Others who have initially lost weight with a paleo/atkins diet who have relapsed in a year or two and are worse off than initially.

C.Other's who don't take any responsibility for their eating and drinking (perhaps human like myself) and always see it as a its not my responsibility its yours to medicate and solve tough core.

Group c far outweighs group a and b but doesn't mean we shouldn't treat group a any differently as they also deserve our monitoring and attention.

No stigma just we care about you!.
It is good to know but I was in pre diabetis stage and they said nothing so I am not so sure, I became really unwell and after 3 blood tests they said it could I could be diabetic with a reading of 171 seems incredible I could barely walk it wasn't until I changed the Dr I was seeing and then sorted very quickly. some care and some just tick the boxes unfortunately. Just been in for my full yearly check up and this is 2 years down the line and they cant understand how the readings were so high and have now come down with no medication to 34, I think Doctors are like BMW dealers you get the good ones and there are some poor ones out there.
Appreciate 1
KRS_SN13485.00
      05-12-2021, 05:51 PM   #46
Harryg
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4series Grand Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Minstrels and Red Wine diet going well tonight.... but I have walked 10.6km today....
I am still into miles but a 3 mile run every other day and boy does the Brandy taste nice.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 03:34 AM   #47
Abzynthe
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i Gran Coupe LCI

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryg View Post
Quote:
you are the exception not the norm.I would love to have more people like you.
My real problem which is hard to understand is the stigma surrounding the affliction its like once your a druggie your always a druggie, having spoken with the Dr and putting forward my thoughts I asked why I am a diabetic after Two hba1c reading of around 32 his answer was you are classed as could be , my reasoning is but I am eating the right things and looking after my body as what is expected yet I am still classed as diabetic so does that mean people who do the same are classed as diabetic he could not answer, I know how people feel when they say they are stigmatised and how it can make them feel as though they are different/problematic however life goes on and some people buckle under the strain luckily for me I am not one of them, I get on with life come what may
A. People who were diagnosed 11 years ago who took up cycling to work 12 miles/ day and who have had all subsequent HbA1c of 40's who we still keep under annual review and talk to yearly even if it is to say good work.

B. Others who have initially lost weight with a paleo/atkins diet who have relapsed in a year or two and are worse off than initially.

C.Other's who don't take any responsibility for their eating and drinking (perhaps human like myself) and always see it as a its not my responsibility its yours to medicate and solve tough core.

Group c far outweighs group a and b but doesn't mean we shouldn't treat group a any differently as they also deserve our monitoring and attention.

No stigma just we care about you!.
I'm all for a yearly check up. At least it puts me in a position to tell the doctor if anything is wrong, as before now I never went to the doctor for anything. It was my wife who made me go about the diabetes. I was going to the loo every 10 minutes or so and drinking a good 8 pints of fluids a day.
KRS_SN13485.00
      05-13-2021, 02:45 PM   #48
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryg View Post
Quote:
!.
until I changed the Dr I was seeing and then sorted very quickly. some care and some just tick the boxes unfortunately.

I think Doctors are like BMW dealers you get the good ones and there are some poor ones out there.
Some doctors know most of their patients, their families their medical history their last blood results their preferences strengths weaknesses what works for them what doesn't etc.
More like a mechanic who has worked on the car so much over the years that they don't need to plug it into a computer to say if it's OK. One look or one drive and they know what needs fixed and how to fix it
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2021, 07:41 AM   #49
Abzynthe
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i Gran Coupe LCI

Quote:
Some doctors know most of their patients, their families their medical history their last blood results their preferences strengths weaknesses what works for them what doesn't etc.
More like a mechanic who has worked on the car so much over the years that they don't need to plug it into a computer to say if it's OK. One look or one drive and they know what needs fixed and how to fix it
Mine certainly isnt like that My local practice go through so many Doctors and Nurses, I dont even know my doctors name!
KRS_SN13485.00