F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Those who VT - Why do you do it?
proTUNING Freaks

10-17-2018, 04:01 PM   #331
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
No no, you must've had a night off last night. Ban wasn't permanent, changed name as I thought I might not last too long again. Was almost proved right on day 1.

Can we keep this on pcp/vt though?

I ruined and got locked a perfectly good Lobb thread last night by biting back.
Yes I was off most of last night!

Think we've done the PCP thing to death on this thread now but, to summarise, it's absolutely always the most expensive option in any circumstances and you're a moron to even consider one - any questions to ZeroFx!
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 04:44 PM   #332
rich100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F31 320i Xdrive msport

Poor op... deserves a prize for having his thread derailed and turned into this monster. Rivals stuff on the off topic board and that's saying something....
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2018, 11:40 PM   #333
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich100 View Post
Poor op... deserves a prize for having his thread derailed and turned into this monster. Rivals stuff on the off topic board and that's saying something....
He'll maybe get some points on views to compensate not a lot of compensation...but something.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 1
rich100874.50
      10-18-2018, 02:40 AM   #334
430GH
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 430D M Sport

Well that was a long long read.............................................. look forward to the next instalment

Why do folk give 2 fucks about how another person purchase's something??

It has fuck all to do with you!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 03:33 AM   #335
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 430GH View Post
Well that was a long long read.............................................. look forward to the next instalment

Why do folk give 2 fucks about how another person purchase's something??

It has fuck all to do with you!!!
I think some people just like to look down on those who use credit; there's a bit of the "if you can't pay cash you can't really afford it" mentality going-on with the additional subtext of "I pay cash so I can really afford it and that makes me better/richer/more intelligent than you".

If that makes them feel smug and superior then fair enough but my view is just let it wash over and do what suits you and your requirements....
Appreciate 1
      10-18-2018, 07:01 AM   #336
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post
I think some people just like to look down on those who use credit; there's a bit of the "if you can't pay cash you can't really afford it" mentality going-on with the additional subtext of "I pay cash so I can really afford it and that makes me better/richer/more intelligent than you".

If that makes them feel smug and superior then fair enough but my view is just let it wash over and do what suits you and your requirements....
It is a very strange view that they have, even if I did have enough cash to pay for the car outright I would still PCP it, and keep my capital fluid so it can be used for other things that can’t be put on easy finance plans.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2018, 01:47 PM   #337
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNW1 View Post

For some reason it always comes over that way, not sure if it's intentional but it does seem to be a holier than thou thing.

I do find it rather humorous as who really cares how people sort things, lease, PCP, cam whoring, parents bought it, self bought, company car, etc.

For me rather than use my cash to buy a chunk of BMW metal, I used the cash for my daughter to cover deposit and some more, this resulted in a nice new town house rather than metal and four corners of rubber.

Then the car is covered by about half my allowance, other bits saved in to same account pension goes in to, the joys of a salary and pension.

Oh and will likely VT my R at some point, damned and buggered, destined for a place in hell.
Appreciate 0