F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > What do you want for Christmas?
GetBMWParts

12-05-2019, 10:49 AM   #23
AntF32
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 435D xDrive - With stuff

Absolutely nothing for me, however for my wife, to win her battle against pancreatic Cancer.

This is year two and whilst there has been some progress there is no end in site.
Appreciate 18
Conissah659.00
wrickem1296.00
Rmtt2644.00
Joekerr5239.00
thegump31.50
cmyx6go3115.00
UncleWede8837.00
N54Yankee1994.50
shoei3180.50
Now_Rudi6598.00
vreihen161164.50
Nachbar463.50
Violator3883.00

12-05-2019, 10:55 AM   #24
Zara
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i

A proper night of sleep..
Appreciate 2
Conissah659.00
Now_Rudi6598.00

12-05-2019, 11:00 AM   #25
pennsiveguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I already bought her two car organizers for the backseat of her SUV for this season (though I'll give it to her for her birthday in a few weeks instead of Christmas), so this would not be till the Christmas after this one. Plenty of time to think through my actions....wish me well, yes?
I surely do wish you well, sir. It's a really thoughtful gift, from my perspective. But alas, the female perspective can be...different.

12-05-2019, 11:01 AM   #26
pennsiveguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive50i M-sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntF32 View Post
Absolutely nothing for me, however for my wife, to win her battle against pancreatic Cancer.

This is year two and whilst there has been some progress there is no end in site.
Wishing peace and strength and a good outcome for you both.
wrickem1296.00
Rmtt2644.00

12-05-2019, 11:02 AM   #27
Conissah
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C

Quote:

Godspeed to her. Cancer sucks, no one deserves it. Hope she fares well and beats it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zara View Post
I feel this. I'm 23, and haven't had a solid nights sleep in probably 10 years. Working out helps a little. Tried melatonin, but does absolutely nothing for me except make me fall asleep quicker. I get it from my Dad, he is extremely restless. He also functions off of less than 5 hours of sleep a day, somehow.
Appreciate 3
AntF32180.00
Rmtt2644.00
Now_Rudi6598.00

12-05-2019, 11:07 AM   #28
dinonz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

Quote:
Yeah, I like this question. Also though, could everyone list their addresses and what time they are usually away from the house during the day?

Honestly...honestly, I've been contemplating buying her a new dishwasher for next Christmas. I know she hates our current one, so I honestly think she'd actually like it? cmyx6go - what do you think as a woman? If you really, really hated your current dishwasher (she only complains about it at least once a week) - would you think its a good gift, or I'm a dead man?

The problem of course with doing so is that I'd then be changing the colour of the dishwasher, which would of course, naturally, without question, require the changing of all the other appliances as well....sigh.
I say go for it! And, I'd get her a Peleton too. Then, as she's giving you a grateful and loving hug, you can slap her ass and say "that's so you can work on those thunder-thighs". She's going to melt right in your arms!

By melt I mean have a meltdown and open a can of whoop-ass on you
Appreciate 3
Joekerr5239.00
Now_Rudi6598.00

12-05-2019, 11:11 AM   #29
dinonz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 MWM ZCP

I have no family in the US so usually get nothing but maybe Christmas cards, which is good. As many have said, I have everything I need, can buy anything I want, and that makes it tricky to shop for me, and my family are all the same. So usually we give wine if anything.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 11:56 AM   #30
Rmtt
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:

Sorry to hear and hope and pray for the absolute best. My wife is a cancer survivor...although not the same type.

Wishing you the best.
2011 128i: M-Sport , 3:73 Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, MILVS, MagnaFlow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, StageFP Tune, APEX ARC8, 1M Mirrors, LCI Blacklines

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq
Appreciate 3
AntF32180.00
Now_Rudi6598.00

12-05-2019, 12:01 PM   #31
Rmtt
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zara View Post
LOL....I'm the same way. I average 4 hours a night...most of the time barely that.

Been like that my whole life and have had numerous sleep studies done. My Dr. just said that everyone is different, and I happen to be one that can go on less sleep.

As for Christmas.....as always I tell everyone nothing. I don't need or want anything. But I always end up getting stuff that I just "re-gift".

The last couple of years when asked....they told me it was inevitable and I was getting something. So I told them to make a donation to St. Jude's Children hospital as they took such good care of my son...or the local Animal Shelter.
2011 128i: M-Sport , 3:73 Diff, 3SI Intake, AA Headers, MILVS, MagnaFlow Catback, AFE Scoops, Turner Silicone Hose, StageFP Tune, APEX ARC8, 1M Mirrors, LCI Blacklines

2008 Z51 C6 LS3 w/ LG SuperPros, Ported Fast 102 Intake, RPM Level 2 Transmission, "Small Cam" Vararam SnakeCharmer CAI - 461whp / 467wtq

Last edited by Rmtt; 12-05-2019 at 01:01 PM..
Appreciate 1
Now_Rudi6598.00

12-05-2019, 12:09 PM   #32
cmyx6go
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X6 ///M

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Yeah, I like this question. Also though, could everyone list their addresses and what time they are usually away from the house during the day?

Honestly...honestly, I've been contemplating buying her a new dishwasher for next Christmas. I know she hates our current one, so I honestly think she'd actually like it? cmyx6go - what do you think as a woman? If you really, really hated your current dishwasher (she only complains about it at least once a week) - would you think its a good gift, or I'm a dead man?

The problem of course with doing so is that I'd then be changing the colour of the dishwasher, which would of course, naturally, without question, require the changing of all the other appliances as well....sigh.
I don't know your wife so I can't say for sure. From my perspective, a dishwasher is not a Christmas gift. If she complains, buy a new one but NOT for Christmas. If it was me, and I didn't like my dishwasher, you would come home and find a new dishwasher and other matching appliances.

12-05-2019, 12:11 PM   #33
cmyx6go
Major
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:

My best wishes to both of you.

12-05-2019, 12:11 PM   #34
AntF32
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 435D xDrive - With stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Sorry to hear and hope and pray for the absolute best. My wife is a cancer survivor...although not the same type.

Wishing you the best.
Thanks

Beck has good and bad days, thankfully for her more of the former but she takes it in her stride. We managed a holiday to Australia in September without any issue but it did require a cocktail of drugs and Gin in order for Beck to get through the 20 hour flight!

Sounds like a cliche but it really does put things into perspective.
Appreciate 3
cmyx6go3115.00
Rmtt2644.00

12-05-2019, 12:20 PM   #35
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I don't know your wife so I can't say for sure. From my perspective, a dishwasher is not a Christmas gift. If she complains, buy a new one but NOT for Christmas. If it was me, and I didn't like my dishwasher, you would come home and find a new dishwasher and other matching appliances.
Yes, but while we both make reasonable money, we've never really lost our frugal ways, her especially. I have a weakness when it comes to cars, and if she weren't there to restrain me, I'd have P car in the garage for sure.

We've even joked that we are going to buy each other new appliances one year for a combined birthday and Christmas present instead of buying gifts for each other...so there is that. But I sort of want to wait till one of them craps out first, squeeze as much life as we can before we shell out more money.

Still, your comments are appreciated as always. We'll see which way we go - we are contemplating a $250K renovation next year, so we'll probably have little appetite to spend more on appliances.
Appreciate 2
cmyx6go3115.00
Rmtt2644.00

12-05-2019, 12:22 PM   #36
cmyx6go
Major
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
A driver training course because we all know women can't drive.

This is for you Joekerr

Seriously - my ideal gift would be 2 day ///M School.

I really don't want or need anything. I thank God every day that I am fortunate to be able to buy whatever I want/ need and don't want or need anything.

I'm having difficulty with the giving part however. I always loved getting the perfect gifts for my nieces and nephews. The shrieks and smiles when they rip open the perfect gift was my Christmas gift. They are older now; the baby is turning 16 in January and the rest range in age from 20-25. They have everything, and what they don't have I can't afford to get for them (there are 9 total). So, I'm coming to terms with giving them money. I hate to do this. I feel like it's the easy way out or lazy way. I would much rather buy them something but I refuse to buy something just to buy something.

Oh, and then I have the issue of the SO. His birthday is Dec 29th so I have two issues back to back.
Now_Rudi6598.00

12-05-2019, 12:33 PM   #37
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep

Quote:

This is for you Joekerr

Your desire to better yourself is commendable, yet is sadly doomed to ultimate failure absent a sex change. But stop serving up such low hanging fruit - I like the challenge!

Quote:
I really don't want or need anything. I thank God every day that I am fortunate to be able to buy whatever I want/ need and don't want or need anything.

I'm having difficulty with the giving part however. I always loved getting the perfect gifts for my nieces and nephews. The shrieks and smiles when they rip open the perfect gift was my Christmas gift. They are older now; the baby is turning 16 in January and the rest range in age from 20-25. They have everything, and what they don't have I can't afford to get for them. So, I'm coming to terms with giving them money. I hate to do this. I feel like it's the easy way out or lazy way. I would much rather buy them something but I refuse to buy something just to buy something.

Oh, and then I have the issue of the SO. His birthday is Dec 29th so I have two issues back to back.
I hear you on the cash part, but I have no solution. I always appreciated it at that age, but it was also anticlimatic and soon forgotten to be honest. But in the interim, I still think its the best gift, because I did put it towards what I wanted in aggregate, after saving for a few years.

I'm sure you'll figure out the SO - after all, based on my recent past contributions, I think you've figured out I'm not a very good person to ask gift ideas from...
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go3115.00

12-05-2019, 12:52 PM   #38
JP10
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Asked for the same shit I do every year, small parts for my car (nothing too expensive). Parents always end up giving me clothes instead though, ends up being stuff I would never wear so I'm sure I'll be off to the store to return stuff per usual. Don't get me wrong I appreciate it, just a hassle haha.

My fiance and I love getting gifts for our family members. We always go all out even though we don't have to. As others have mentioned I like to see the look on those receiving the gifts rather then the feeling of opening my own gifts haha.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt2644.00

12-05-2019, 01:04 PM   #39
Rmtt
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

This is for you Joekerr

I'm having difficulty with the giving part however. I always loved getting the perfect gifts for my nieces and nephews. The shrieks and smiles when they rip open the perfect gift was my Christmas gift. They are older now; the baby is turning 16 in January and the rest range in age from 20-25. They have everything, and what they don't have I can't afford to get for them (there are 9 total). So, I'm coming to terms with giving them money. I hate to do this. I feel like it's the easy way out or lazy way. I would much rather buy them something but I refuse to buy something just to buy something.

That's my gift this year...although it's a 1 day event.

Thank you Mr. Vendor that I can't remember your first name most of the time!

Appreciate 1
cmyx6go3115.00

12-05-2019, 01:08 PM   #40
Rmtt
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, but while we both make reasonable money, we've never really lost our frugal ways, her especially. I have a weakness when it comes to cars, and if she weren't there to restrain me, I'd have P car in the garage for sure.

We've even joked that we are going to buy each other new appliances one year for a combined birthday and Christmas present instead of buying gifts for each other...so there is that. But I sort of want to wait till one of them craps out first, squeeze as much life as we can before we shell out more money.

Still, your comments are appreciated as always. We'll see which way we go - we are contemplating a $250K renovation next year, so we'll probably have little appetite to spend more on appliances.

LOL...me and my SO are the same way but reversed. I am tight as hell and we live on a budget based on our income of 10+ years ago. She is typically pretty good aside from the occasional visit from her mom (who lives out of state). When her mom comes down for the day, I know something is being bought at a few different places.

My weakness is cars and watches. But I always try to find deals on those when I feel I need another one!

Appreciate 1
Joekerr5239.00

12-05-2019, 01:15 PM   #41
cmyx6go
Major
Rep

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
That's my gift this year...although it's a 1 day event.

Thank you Mr. Vendor that I can't remember your first name most of the time!
Enjoy! My SO got me a few laps in two different Ferraris a few years back. I had a blast but it wasn't enough.

12-05-2019, 01:21 PM   #42
Rmtt
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Enjoy! My SO got me a few laps in two different Ferraris a few years back. I had a blast but it wasn't enough.
We have a place about 45 minutes from us in the Valle Crucis / Boone NC area called the Mast Farm Inn. It's a Historic B&B.

But A lot of people don't realize that they rent out old sports cars for trips. I noticed the numerous old Porsche's when we first pulled up.

Since we were there for a week, we rented one for a day which included tickets to the Biltmore Estate, a packed lunch with a bottle of wine, and the trip there and back are through some of the most amazing mountain back-roads.

So it was something both of us could enjoy as she could care less about a car as long as it has heated seats and runs when she needs it!

Appreciate 1
cmyx6go3115.00

12-05-2019, 01:36 PM   #43
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, my wife got me an exotic car tour gift certificate this year (only about 3 hours) but she asked whether I'd prefer the 3 hours in the backroads swapping cars with the other people in the tour or a few laps in the exotics on the race track.

Easy answer - I wanted to spend more time behind the wheel and I could never take these exotics anywhere close to their limits safely so a race track is useless for me. Going for the tour!

You must have something similar nearby where it is a tour rather than a racetrack?

The only downside to the tour is there is someone else driving for half the time and you are trusting them with your life so to speak. But if you were to go with your SO - nice experience!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2019, 01:44 PM   #44
MKSixer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:

Don't forget the ironing board, mop, and new broom if you're going down that path, you freaking moron.

You KNOW better. After you're dead on December 26th, can me and shoei have your stuff? No one around here has died recently and my stash of stuff is getting low.

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 5
cmyx6go3115.00
Joekerr5239.00
N54Yankee1994.50
Now_Rudi6598.00