F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Issue with Grinding Under My Feet When Driving
ARMA SPEED

02-07-2019, 04:06 PM   #1
Cheji18
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Issue with Grinding Under My Feet When Driving

Hey everyone. Just bought my very first BMW about a month ago. It's a gorgeous 2015 328i with sport suspension, automatic transmission. I drive about 85% sport mode, 15% comfort.

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed an off-and-on grinding feeling under my feet mostly when shifting gears. I notified the mechanics over at my local dealership when I had a broken trim piece replaced. They said they took it on a test drive and didn't notice anything, but I drove for a couple of hours today and there is definitely a subtle grinding sound and rough feeling under the pedals.

I was wondering if anyone had this same issue, and if anyone had any thoughts on what it could be.

It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it's mostly at the lower gears, at lower speeds, (15-45 MPH). I notice it more in comfort mode. It's hard to determine if the grinding occurs at a rhythmic pace then stops, or if it's in line with my gear changes.

It passed a CPO inspection, so I'm hoping it's a normal thing, but my common sense is telling me otherwise. The car is still under new warranty until September, then the CPO warranty kicks in until 2020.

Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 09:12 PM   #2
328iX
David
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328iX F31

I'd try to replicate the issue with a tech in the vehicle with you. Otherwise since you're covered under warranty maybe keep driving until the problem worsens and it's easier to pinpoint.

Is anything rubbing under the vehicle or any loose underside trays?
Appreciate 0