F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Coding F30 LCI for Halogen to Depo
European Auto Source (EAS)

08-15-2019, 03:47 AM   #1
Mike_R_F30
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

Coding F30 LCI for Halogen to Depo

Hi All,

If you have an F30/F31 LCI (late 2015 onwards) with halogens you can upgrade to Depo or other aftermarket lights. The LCI halogens switch the DRL off with dipped beams so with Depo's this would switch the angel eyes off.

With my previous LCI F30 it was though the only way to get Depo's to work properly was to get the wiring altered to supply a feed from the sidelight to angel eye's using a couple of diode's etc and although this worked fine it could have warranty implications.

I figured out the coding required to keep the angel eyes on with dipped as they should be. It is attached to this post. I have also attached coding I found to dim the angel eyes when indicating but this is more specific to the U.K. in terms of our law's for bulb distance between LED and halogen. Coding for this is also attached.

I no longer own the car I did this coding on so can't check anything but feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Hope this is of use to people who are stuck with the terrible halogens.

First image is the coding to enable the angel eyes with dipped beam, second for the dimming with indicators.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0