F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Code Front Windows Only to Roll down with Key

08-31-2019, 04:14 PM   #1
mupet0000
Rep
Drives: 2019 F20 118i Shadow Edition

Code Front Windows Only to Roll down with Key

Hi,

My car rolls the windows down when I hold the unlock button on the keyfob, and then rolls them back up along with folding the mirrors when I hold to lock.

I want to change the behaviour so that the front windows roll down and the rear windows do not roll down with the key, but if they are open, I would like them to roll up with the key.

I haven't been able to find any information on this. If anyone knows if this is possible and/or where to find the coding location for this, that would be very helpful.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2019, 10:18 PM   #2
19bis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i; 2018 230i

There are several parameters in FEM 3053 (PWMaster) that control timing of opening and closing front windows, rear windows, and sunroof. Values are tenths of a second, in hex.

KOMFORT_OEFFNEN controls how long unlock button must be pushed to roll down front windows.

KOMFORT_OEFF_HINTEN controls the delay between front and rear windows opening.

KOMFORT_OEFF_SHD controls the delay between front windows and sunroof opening.

KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN controls how long lock button must be pushed to begin rolling windows up, beginning with rear windows.

KOMFORT_SCHL_VORNE controls the delay between rear & front windows.

For the behavior you want, use some suitable value for KOMFORT_OEFFNEN (I believe the default value is 19 hex = 25 decimal = 2.5 seconds, you may want to adjust this to suit your preferences) and use some large value for KOMFORT_OEFF_HINTEN (default here is 0.5 seconds). Setting this to, say, 64 hex would mean that you would have to continue pressing the button for 10 seconds to get the resr windows to roll down, effectively disabling the behavior you want to avoid.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 10:48 AM   #3
doumyouji
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435I GC

And how do we code for front windows to roll down while opening the front door?
I believe is called easy entry?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 12:37 PM   #4
ooshnoo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i

Garage List
2018 GMC Acadia  [0.00]
2014 BMW 428i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by doumyouji View Post
No. Easy entry is automatic seat movement.

09-01-2019, 03:43 PM   #5
mupet0000
Rep
Drives: 2019 F20 118i Shadow Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19bis View Post
There are several parameters in FEM 3053 (PWMaster) that control timing of opening and closing front windows, rear windows, and sunroof. Values are tenths of a second, in hex.

KOMFORT_OEFFNEN controls how long unlock button must be pushed to roll down front windows.

KOMFORT_OEFF_HINTEN controls the delay between front and rear windows opening.

KOMFORT_OEFF_SHD controls the delay between front windows and sunroof opening.

KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN controls how long lock button must be pushed to begin rolling windows up, beginning with rear windows.

KOMFORT_SCHL_VORNE controls the delay between rear & front windows.

For the behavior you want, use some suitable value for KOMFORT_OEFFNEN (I believe the default value is 19 hex = 25 decimal = 2.5 seconds, you may want to adjust this to suit your preferences) and use some large value for KOMFORT_OEFF_HINTEN (default here is 0.5 seconds). Setting this to, say, 64 hex would mean that you would have to continue pressing the button for 10 seconds to get the resr windows to roll down, effectively disabling the behavior you want to avoid.
That's some very comprehensive information, much appreciated, I will be trying this out and report back once I have done.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2019, 09:03 PM   #6
19bis
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i; 2018 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by doumyouji View Post
Like Oshnoo said, Easy Entry (German einstiegshilfe, literally "boarding aid") is usually discussed in connection with automatic seat movement on exit & entry. However, there are a few parameters in the main power window sections in FEM (PWMaster and PWClient, 3053 and 3050, respectively) with einstiegshilfe in their titles. You might try setting some or all of these to "activ" & see if that does what you want.

It seems like this would be most useful for coupes, where lowering the window can remove the temptation to open or close the door by grabbing the frameless glass.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 12:21 PM   #7
doumyouji
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooshnoo View Post
No. Easy entry is automatic seat movement.
thank you for verified information!

Last edited by doumyouji; 09-11-2019 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 12:24 PM   #8
doumyouji
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Like Oshnoo said, Easy Entry (German einstiegshilfe, literally "boarding aid") is usually discussed in connection with automatic seat movement on exit & entry. However, there are a few parameters in the main power window sections in FEM (PWMaster and PWClient, 3053 and 3050, respectively) with einstiegshilfe in their titles. You might try setting some or all of these to "activ" & see if that does what you want.

It seems like this would be most useful for coupes, where lowering the window can remove the temptation to open or close the door by grabbing the frameless glass.

I'll give it a try
Thank you
I have a GC and I hate passanger close up my door with window.
sometimes it's annoying......
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 01:38 PM   #9
doumyouji
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

Tried coding today using bimmercode and no luck
3050 FH_einstiegshlife_akzeptiert aktiv
3053 einstiegshlife_aktiv aktiv
3053 einstiegshlife_pia_default aktiv
Attached Images

Appreciate 0