F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Extended Maintenance Plan
ARMA SPEED

11-02-2018, 04:12 PM   #1
mikesmitherino
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Extended Maintenance Plan

I bought my CPO '15 335i two months ago along with the extended maintenance plan since the brakes need to be replaced soon. The thing is, the car still says that the brakes are fine for another two years or more. The car also says that I won't need service for another 9000 miles when I start it, which would put it past the oil change interval. Can I just schedule an appointment whenever, or do I have to wait until the on-board computer tells me to?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2018, 04:32 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

The brake life estimate is just that, an estimate, and a very bad one at that. The system can't actually measure pad thickness. But weren't they new when you bought the car? I'd think they would have put new pads on a CPO. The oil is also a guesstimate, a bit better one, being both time and mileage based. Once it approaches either 10,000 miles or 1 year from delivery date you should get a dash message to schedule an appointment.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 09:14 PM   #3
mikesmitherino
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
The brake life estimate is just that, an estimate, and a very bad one at that. The system can't actually measure pad thickness. But weren't they new when you bought the car? I'd think they would have put new pads on a CPO. The oil is also a guesstimate, a bit better one, being both time and mileage based. Once it approaches either 10,000 miles or 1 year from delivery date you should get a dash message to schedule an appointment.
They didn't replace the pads for me when I bought the car as CPO. Can I just schedule an appointment to replace the pads whenever I want? They told me that I had 2 mm left for the rear pads (7 mm at the time).
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 09:21 PM   #4
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

You'll have to ask them. They may or may not agree to replace the pads before the sensor trips.
Appreciate 0