F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Automatic window failure!
Studio RSR

11-16-2018, 07:32 AM   #1
keson
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D

Automatic window failure!

Hello everyone !
I have an issue for some time with my left back window on my 320D 2012, the window won't open automatically like the rest of the windows, I have to constantly pres the button to open bit by bit. I need to solve this issue, any help is greatly appreciated. I will attach a link, thank you !
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 08:01 AM   #2
ram.matthew
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i

I'm not sure this works on BMWs but I've fixed this issue on other makes.

Roll the window all the way down and then roll it all the way up. When it closes completely, keep the window switch in the up position for several seconds (count to ten).

If that doesn't work, perhaps try several iterations, including holding the switch in the down position once the window is down, try from the driver's switch panel, etc.

Curious if this works, let me know.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 08:05 AM   #3
keson
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram.matthew View Post
I'm not sure this works on BMWs but I've fixed this issue on other makes.

Roll the window all the way down and then roll it all the way up. When it closes completely, keep the window switch in the up position for several seconds (count to ten).

If that doesn't work, perhaps try several iterations, including holding the switch in the down position once the window is down, try from the driver's switch panel, etc.

Curious if this works, let me know.
I tried different combinations, 10/20/30 sec up, down, I changed the button for the window, nothing works.
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2018, 08:15 AM   #4
ram.matthew
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328i

Thanks, sorry this didn't work. Call the dealer. It may be an easy fix that the guys writing service tickets would know and could tell you over the phone. Or try an indie shop that works on late model BMWs.
Appreciate 0