F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > FOUND a BMW340 MT with ZHP
Extreme Powerhouse
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-03-2019, 11:33 AM   #1
nfs26
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW 340
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

FOUND a BMW340 MT with ZHP

During my search for 340 MT I had come across this gem. Dealer claims only about 100 of these were manufactured. They are selling this car at a premium (5% off MSRP) because they know that it is a rare car and an enthusiast will pay up for it.

Window sticker is attached. Let me know if anyone is interested and I can share the dealer info.
Attached Images
 

Last edited by nfs26; 04-03-2019 at 01:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 12:12 PM   #2
MmmmmM2
"The whistles go WOO!"
MmmmmM2's Avatar
United_States
1069
Rep
1,616
Posts

Drives: 2021 M2 Competition
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Claremont, CA

iTrader: (0)

I got my 2018 ZHP for $9K off sticker so I definitely would NOT pay any sort of markup for the car.
__________________

2021 LBB M2 Competition
Previous BMW's: 12 Le Mans Blue E92 335i / 90 Alpine White M3 / 18 Melbourne Red 340i ZHP (for sale!)
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 10:35 PM   #3
Wires
Colonel
Canada
697
Rep
2,786
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

What he said^.
Appreciate 2
MmmmmM21068.50

      04-04-2019, 09:42 AM   #4
Mouse
Second Lieutenant
94
Rep
280
Posts

Drives: 2013F30 335i
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cypress, TX

iTrader: (0)

I suppose dealers are now in the "No lowballers, I know what I have..." business? LOL
__________________
13' F30 335i - BMS Intake -- VRSF DP -- VRSF CP -- VRSF 5" Stepped Intercooler -- Corsa Touring Catback -- JB4 -- H&R Springs -- Miro Flow Formed F25's
Appreciate 1
MmmmmM21068.50

      04-04-2019, 03:35 PM   #5
cfm56d7b
Major General
United_States
2772
Rep
6,534
Posts

Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (2)

If you make a fair offer, the chances of acceptance are high. It is still only a car ...
Appreciate 1
Wires697.00

      04-04-2019, 04:17 PM   #6
MmmmmM2
"The whistles go WOO!"
MmmmmM2's Avatar
United_States
1069
Rep
1,616
Posts

Drives: 2021 M2 Competition
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Claremont, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfm56d7b View Post
If you make a fair offer, the chances of acceptance are high. It is still only a car ...
True. I guarantee any smart buyer would be able to get quite a discount off of this car. I was originally going to buy a black ZHP with manual and they were offering $12K off sticker but it got sold out from under me.

I ended up with my red auto ZHP with $9K off sticker...Not as good, but hey what can you do?
__________________

2021 LBB M2 Competition
Previous BMW's: 12 Le Mans Blue E92 335i / 90 Alpine White M3 / 18 Melbourne Red 340i ZHP (for sale!)
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2019, 07:18 PM   #7
upsidedownfunnel
Colonel
United_States
1933
Rep
2,491
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2014 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Considering they only made 100 of them, judging by how easy they are to find, no one is buying them. If you can get it for $9k off sticker, it becomes a great deal. The problem is that it comes with a bunch of carbon fiber parts which are cool, but cost too much. The LSD and MPPSK are cool, but also cost too much for what they are. So paying MSRP for this car is ridiculous. For $10k more, you can buy an M3 with more power, a better diff, and slightly down on features. But it's an M3... Also the ZHP cars have regular (non M Sport) brakes.

You should get at least 10% off the sticker (now more since the G20 is out). I wouldn't pay any more than $55k for it. Ideally closer to $50k.
Appreciate 1
MmmmmM21068.50

      04-04-2019, 09:15 PM   #8
MmmmmM2
"The whistles go WOO!"
MmmmmM2's Avatar
United_States
1069
Rep
1,616
Posts

Drives: 2021 M2 Competition
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Claremont, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Considering they only made 100 of them, judging by how easy they are to find, no one is buying them. If you can get it for $9k off sticker, it becomes a great deal. The problem is that it comes with a bunch of carbon fiber parts which are cool, but cost too much. The LSD and MPPSK are cool, but also cost too much for what they are. So paying MSRP for this car is ridiculous. For $10k more, you can buy an M3 with more power, a better diff, and slightly down on features. But it's an M3... Also the ZHP cars have regular (non M Sport) brakes.

You should get at least 10% off the sticker (now more since the G20 is out). I wouldn't pay any more than $55k for it. Ideally closer to $50k.
While I agree with you, remember that cost for all the ZHP parts through BMW is $7,500 before tax and installation cost so for the price of $6,995.00 on the window sticker it's a pretty good deal.
__________________

2021 LBB M2 Competition
Previous BMW's: 12 Le Mans Blue E92 335i / 90 Alpine White M3 / 18 Melbourne Red 340i ZHP (for sale!)
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 12:12 AM   #9
TX1SERIESM
Enlisted Member
12
Rep
49
Posts

Drives: '13 M5
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: TX

iTrader: (0)

I picked up a white/red 6 speed ZHP in late February for about $10k off sticker (about 16% discount from MSRP) and it has been a great daily despite the missing m brakes and typical numb F30 steering.

Normally I modify my cars and this one already included all of the visual and performance mods (aside from brakes) that restored the car to how it should have come from the factory before the bean counters, product planners, and nannies had a chance to water it down.

From what I can tell, these ZHP cars have been sitting on the lot since September 2018 so it is a good time to make a deal if youíre in the market for a great daily driver that checks all the right boxes:
4 doors
6 speed manual
rear wheel drive
turbo six cylinder
limited slip differential
factory tuned (cat back + ecu tune)

Value wise this car properly discounted is about $20k cheaper than a stripper M3 so in reality it is sad that there is no competition that also checks all of the boxes above.

Edit: on second thought I will concede BMW bean counters should have included upgraded brakes. Regardless of the visual improvement, the factory brakes feel out of balance given the extra power and overall sportty demeanor that encourages spirited driving.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 12:18 AM   #10
ronanz
Gettin It Figured Out
ronanz's Avatar
United_States
1765
Rep
2,670
Posts

Drives: 435i FBO PS2 bm3 w/ options
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Southwest Region

iTrader: (3)

At the end of the day, it's just a model year older BMW. High demand car would've been gone by now.


Having said that, this would be a pretty cool bm3 tuned car to play with

.
__________________
.

My Build Thread can be found HERE
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 10:39 AM   #11
quikM2
Captain
Canada
307
Rep
718
Posts

Drives: 2017 Jahre M3
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

He's right that the manual is rare but other than us on the forum nobody wants a manual. I only wanted a manual and wouldn't buy the auto. The GM at my local dealership said you are literally the only guy to ever walk in here since you bought your M2 to say I want a manual. And it seems other than the M2 the sales and $ have spoken which is why BMW doesn't even offer that transmission anymore in anything but the 2 series and potentially the M3/4 pure versions if rumours are true. So with that being said he found me a brand new 2018 absolutely loaded 340i on the west coast, black shawdow line M pack 1 and 2 and premium etc. etc. that had been sitting there for months. They brought it over from the other dealer and took $13k off msrp. If I had taken one of the very similar equipped AT that he actually had on his lot the discount would have been more. We are now April of 2019. If a dealer has a new 18 to sell believe me you have all the cards with the new re-design out now MT or not...
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 03:56 PM   #12
Wires
Colonel
Canada
697
Rep
2,786
Posts

Drives: 2016 340i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (0)

When they say "only 100 made" with that package, is that only 100 with the combo on the windows sticker in 2018, or only 100 period? (two different stories).

But like others have said, it's still just a car.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 05:31 PM   #13
pjkbrit
Second Lieutenant
pjkbrit's Avatar
110
Rep
239
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i 6MT ZHP
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

99 left cos I bought one!
I love it but it needs adaptive leds and heated steering. Manual 6 speed is awesome and yes no one wants them but me. But then I grew up on cars that had to be driven hard to get the best out of them. This is an awesome car. If you can find one it's a no brainer.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 10:50 PM   #14
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
4302
Rep
10,517
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 / AH3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cali

iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
During my search for 340 MT I had come across this gem. Dealer claims only about 100 of these were manufactured. They are selling this car at a premium (5% off MSRP) because they know that it is a rare car and an enthusiast will pay up for it.

Window sticker is attached. Let me know if anyone is interested and I can share the dealer info.
Dealer is tripping

It’s a year old car sitting on his floor that he paying interest on and is only depreciating in value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30ZHP View Post
While I agree with you, remember that cost for all the ZHP parts through BMW is $7,500 before tax and installation cost so for the price of $6,995.00 on the window sticker it's a pretty good deal.
Nope. Horrible deal.

You neglected to subtract the price difference of the stock parts.
Appreciate 1
Wires697.00

      04-07-2019, 01:41 AM   #15
MmmmmM2
"The whistles go WOO!"
MmmmmM2's Avatar
United_States
1069
Rep
1,616
Posts

Drives: 2021 M2 Competition
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Claremont, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Dealer is tripping

Itís a year old car sitting on his floor that he paying interest on and is only depreciating in value.



Nope. Horrible deal.

You neglected to subtract the price difference of the stock parts.
You say potato, I say potato. For $53k the car is a steal but keep hatin.
__________________

2021 LBB M2 Competition
Previous BMW's: 12 Le Mans Blue E92 335i / 90 Alpine White M3 / 18 Melbourne Red 340i ZHP (for sale!)
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 08:08 AM   #16
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
4302
Rep
10,517
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 / AH3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cali

iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30ZHP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Dealer is tripping

It's a year old car sitting on his floor that he paying interest on and is only depreciating in value.



Nope. Horrible deal.

You neglected to subtract the price difference of the stock parts.
You say potato, I say potato. For $53k the car is a steal but keep hatin.
That's like saying a 340i is worth $25k more than a 330i because the B58 Engine will cost you $25k if you were to buy it separately, not including labor.

In fact, using your logic, a standard 340i is worth $7500 more than a ZHP as it would cost $7500 to purchase the Standard OEM Equipment separately for the car.

Just because the ZHP Equipment has a MSRP of $7.5k purchased separate from the Parts Department does not mean you are getting the parts at a steal for $7k on the car from the factory.

It's also the mistake private sellers use when trying to justify a high price for a BMW with tens of thousands of mods on it.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1497763

If this concept is foreign to you, you must have never traded in a car on a different car. Unless it's a junker, the trade in has a value.

Or simply ask your insurance company how much those replacement parts are actually worth if the car was totaled.

Bottom line, the sticker means nothing. The market decides the value. As this car has been sitting unsold on a Dealer's lot for over 6 months now, the market is speaking very loudly. One simply needs to listen. As the car depreciates every month as the G20s arrive on the same lot and the Dealer pays for his floor plan.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 09:30 AM   #17
pjkbrit
Second Lieutenant
pjkbrit's Avatar
110
Rep
239
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i 6MT ZHP
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

330 vs 340??? No comparison. The 340 is in a totally different league. So yes it costs more. The ZHP package makes s super nice F30 in the same way an E46 ZHP did. Long term resale will be higher but that's not why I bought mine. If you drive one you will want one unless of course you cannot drive stick....
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 11:39 AM   #18
MmmmmM2
"The whistles go WOO!"
MmmmmM2's Avatar
United_States
1069
Rep
1,616
Posts

Drives: 2021 M2 Competition
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Claremont, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
That's like saying a 340i is worth $25k more than a 330i because the B58 Engine will cost you $25k if you were to buy it separately, not including labor.

In fact, using your logic, a standard 340i is worth $7500 more than a ZHP as it would cost $7500 to purchase the Standard OEM Equipment separately for the car.

Just because the ZHP Equipment has a MSRP of $7.5k purchased separate from the Parts Department does not mean you are getting the parts at a steal for $7k on the car from the factory.

It's also the mistake private sellers use when trying to justify a high price for a BMW with tens of thousands of mods on it.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1497763

If this concept is foreign to you, you must have never traded in a car on a different car. Unless it's a junker, the trade in has a value.

Or simply ask your insurance company how much those replacement parts are actually worth if the car was totaled.

Bottom line, the sticker means nothing. The market decides the value. As this car has been sitting unsold on a Dealer's lot for over 6 months now, the market is speaking very loudly. One simply needs to listen. As the car depreciates every month as the G20s arrive on the same lot and the Dealer pays for his floor plan.
Sorry I didn't mean to be uppity last night.

The reason I bought it was for:

Exclusivity: I won't see another one driving around.
Price: I thought $9K off sticker was pretty good.
Leased it: if it isn't worth anything more than a regular 340i in 3 years when the lease is up, no big deal.
Looks: I think it looks great!
Performance: Besides the brakes, which I plan to upgrade at some point, the car drives and performs great.
1 of 100 built: 75 manuals and 25 autos, mines an auto.

So I don't think I really got a bad deal and I'm happy. That's all that matters, right?
__________________

2021 LBB M2 Competition
Previous BMW's: 12 Le Mans Blue E92 335i / 90 Alpine White M3 / 18 Melbourne Red 340i ZHP (for sale!)
Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4302.00

      04-07-2019, 11:51 AM   #19
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
4302
Rep
10,517
Posts

Drives: BMW M3 / AH3
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Cali

iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30ZHP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
That's like saying a 340i is worth $25k more than a 330i because the B58 Engine will cost you $25k if you were to buy it separately, not including labor.

In fact, using your logic, a standard 340i is worth $7500 more than a ZHP as it would cost $7500 to purchase the Standard OEM Equipment separately for the car.

Just because the ZHP Equipment has a MSRP of $7.5k purchased separate from the Parts Department does not mean you are getting the parts at a steal for $7k on the car from the factory.

It's also the mistake private sellers use when trying to justify a high price for a BMW with tens of thousands of mods on it.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1497763

If this concept is foreign to you, you must have never traded in a car on a different car. Unless it's a junker, the trade in has a value.

Or simply ask your insurance company how much those replacement parts are actually worth if the car was totaled.

Bottom line, the sticker means nothing. The market decides the value. As this car has been sitting unsold on a Dealer's lot for over 6 months now, the market is speaking very loudly. One simply needs to listen. As the car depreciates every month as the G20s arrive on the same lot and the Dealer pays for his floor plan.
Sorry I didn't mean to be uppity last night.

The reason I bought it was for:

Exclusivity: I won't see another one driving around.
Price: I thought $9K off sticker was pretty good.
Leased it: if it isn't worth anything more than a regular 340i in 3 years when the lease is up, no big deal.
Looks: I think it looks great!
Performance: Besides the brakes, which I plan to upgrade at some point, the car drives and performs great.
1 of 100 built: 75 manuals and 25 autos, mines an auto.

So I don't think I really got a bad deal and I'm happy. That's all that matters, right?
Correct.

It's what the market (buyer) was willing to pay.
Appreciate 1
MmmmmM21068.50

      04-07-2019, 11:55 AM   #20
MmmmmM2
"The whistles go WOO!"
MmmmmM2's Avatar
United_States
1069
Rep
1,616
Posts

Drives: 2021 M2 Competition
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Claremont, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
Correct.

It's what the market (owner) was willing to pay.
Roger that! And you are right, the OP is crazy thinking he will get that price for the car, but there ARE a lot of dummies out there.
__________________

2021 LBB M2 Competition
Previous BMW's: 12 Le Mans Blue E92 335i / 90 Alpine White M3 / 18 Melbourne Red 340i ZHP (for sale!)
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 01:40 AM   #21
nfs26
New Member
0
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: BMW 340
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

9k and 13k off are good discounts on that car. I went back to the dealer and gave them the argument that it is the last month to lease this car and it has been sitting on their lot for quite a while now. Asked them if they are willing to offer 12% off msrp. The dealer said, it is one of the last manual 340 and going forward BMW is not going to be making manual m340i.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 10:55 AM   #22
STR3T
Private First Class
STR3T's Avatar
40
Rep
194
Posts

Drives: 2020 Z4 sDrive30i
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: ~St. Louis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid1 View Post
...The dealer said, it is one of the last manual 340 and going forward BMW is not going to be making manual m340i.
He needs reminded...there's a reason for that. It's called lack of demand as his own showroom floor is proving to him every day that car sits there.
Appreciate 1
MmmmmM21068.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
340i, bmw (3)series, zhp

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST