F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
Studio RSR

01-25-2021, 08:04 AM   #2597
Alex20
Belarus
Rep
Drives: X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierreye View Post
I further test the OEM telephony and Android 10 HU.

If I press the phone button on the steering, the Android screen will launch the BT connection screen for telephony (in Android mode) and the HUD will show the last 10 dials number/name.

When receiving call, I just press the thumb wheel to accept. Android screen still stay the same but will pause my music player (Audioamp v3). Once hang up call, it didn't resume the music and have to press the play button on the screen.

Both calling and receiving will not jump to OEM menu.

* Note sure if this will affect the Android behaviour, in the settings I set the CANBUS to Old_V1.5 (third in the sequence). According to Kri XML Config file, the first is for CCC, second for CIC, third for NBT and fourth for NBT EVO. I also change in Android setting the voice command to do nothing when press so that I can use it for OEM voice command and trigger SIRI when long press.
Thank you for your post, so I have a bit different behaviour .... so i have F26'16 with EntryNav with OEM BT, USB, HUD
SD625 with latest 2.6.3 firmware (i have no running bg software) only Naviagation is running in full screen

In the Android settings AUX is set to automatic, CAN is CANBUS to Old_V1.5 (see no difference with new_V1.5).
My Android phone is connected to OEM BT.

So in case no call and if just press the phone button on seering wheel, HUD show the latest calls list and monitor show AUX OEM Menu.

In case of incoming call, HUD show the caller information, display show navigation. After i have pressed the phone button on a wheel, android switch display from navigation to OEM phone menu.

After the call is ended - OEM phone menu stay on a display, and no more sound from android.

Extra pressing on phone button switch to OEM AUX menu, but still no sound or Android screen.

Its really annoing, guys do you have any workaround here?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 11:43 PM   #2598
Socaln54
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyhton View Post
Any TPMS suggestions from aliexpress for my snap 625 unit? my car doesnt have it from factory but i'd like to add this feature.
Also my GPS signal is really bad, my google maps location is 20-30seconds behind from my actual location. I installed the android gps antenna behind the HU.
Can I connect my original car gps antenna to android HU and vice versa because i never use my OEM Navigation?
I want to piggyback from your question and make sure the OEM GPS antenna can be retrofitted before I buy a unit
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2021, 11:52 PM   #2599
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M140i Xdrive

yes you can
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 01:35 AM   #2600
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
It's bbc.mobile.weather
Hello i have a similar problem with HEAD_UNIT_RELOAD.APK please
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 04:08 AM   #2601
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by F20_M135i View Post
Hello i have a similar problem with HEAD_UNIT_RELOAD.APK please
You can read the app id from the Google Play URL, in your case it is:
... play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gb.xxy.hr
Appreciate 1
RedErik1023.50
      01-26-2021, 10:15 AM   #2602
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Thanks Mirjam, but my problem is that even with this value, nothing is present in emulated / 0 / Android ... etc

EDIT : I sent an email to the author so that he could possibly help me

Last edited by F20_M135i; 01-26-2021 at 11:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 11:33 AM   #2603
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks Mirjam, but my problem is that even with this value, nothing is present in emulated / 0 / Android ... etc

EDIT : I sent an email to the author so that he could possibly help me
What are you trying to do?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 11:39 AM   #2604
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Edit the redirect.xml file to replace phonelink by "head unit reload"** : https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=340

**https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hr&hl=fr&gl=US
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 03:38 PM   #2605
rektor
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
Unfortunately your pictures are not of that good quality to see if your screen is antiglare or not. It looks more like there is a reflective film on the screen. Sometimes ppl think there is no film while it actually is. Pls double check.

All HD 720p screens from Ebilaen are matt anti-glare. Never seen blue anti-glare to compare but I fully satisfied with matt anti-glare.

Here are the pictures to see that anti-glare matt surface.
Do you thing Navifly also have this additional film?
I bought HD blue antiglare version and it reflects everything like a mirror
I also noticed a small dust which is suggesting it could be a film on it
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 05:07 PM   #2606
coniman
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 '12

Hi guys. I'm trying to disable BMW Voice Command to enable Siri when pressing the button on the steering wheel. I'm using Esys and an OBD to RJ45. I'm changing 6NK to 6NH but when I VO code HU_ENTRY I get an error related to CAFD but the unit reboots and the button gets disabled. The problem is it also disables Phone and I have strange options in settings like Sprit of Ecstasy and Bang and Olufsen settings lol. I need help to code it properly.

EDIT: working deleting 6NK in SALAPA but Phone still not appearing on iDrive
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 07:08 PM   #2607
fstick09
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5M

Low volume

Hey Moaus,

How did you fix it. Mine was working for month without issue and then all the sudden I am having fits with the volume. I have tried the KSW-SoundRestorer, but it didn't help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moaus View Post
I've managed to resolve low volume issue but still struggling with the navigation button.
Short pressing the speak button does nothing and long press opens Google on my phone.
I've looked into factory setup and it's on the right option.
Anyone ?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 08:15 PM   #2608
dandelion
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328xi

Quote:
A massive improvement would be if these units could start booting as soon as you unlock the car, but currently it's not possible (again it is something that is being worked on but no ETAs). Some people have their routine when they get into the car so 20-30sec is nothing for them, so depends.
Perhaps possible by using a 5-minute delay off relay with VCC on relay connected to the battery and trigger connected to interior lights? Once the car is started ACC wire will take over and deliver power. Will probably need to put a diode or something on the ACC wire so power doesn’t flow “backwards.”
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 08:28 PM   #2609
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelion View Post
Perhaps possible by using a 5-minute delay off relay with VCC on relay connected to the battery and trigger connected to interior lights? Once the car is started ACC wire will take over and deliver power. Will probably need to put a diode or something on the ACC wire so power doesn't flow "backwards."
It's not power that is an issue here, it's the wake up CAN message that is being sent after you switch the ignition on. That message is then picked up by the MCU and Android turns on. If you disconnect CAN from the head unit, it will turn on as soon as there is power, but then you loose a lot of functional - basically a tablet with no access to car button, knobs and info.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2021, 09:32 PM   #2610
dandelion
Private
Rep

Quote:
It's not power that is an issue here, it's the wake up CAN message that is being sent after you switch the ignition on. That message is then picked up by the MCU and Android turns on. If you disconnect CAN from the head unit, it will turn on as soon as there is power, but then you loose a lot of functional - basically a tablet with no access to car button, knobs and info.
Ah. They certainly do not make it easy do they. If only the MCU can ignore the CAN wake message and turn on the unit when power is on. I guess if we really want to bypass that we’ll have to put an arduino in to mimic the wake message, but that would be overly complicated. Another “solution” is remote start, but that’s another rabbit hole....
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 12:12 AM   #2611
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Quote:
Originally Posted by rektor View Post
To me thats looking like there is still the screenprotector foil on it

Put a duct tape on one of the corners and try if a foil will come off with the duct tape then.

Kri
Appreciate 1
rektor1.50
      01-27-2021, 01:22 AM   #2612
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelion View Post
Ah. They certainly do not make it easy do they. If only the MCU can ignore the CAN wake message and turn on the unit when power is on. I guess if we really want to bypass that we'll have to put an arduino in to mimic the wake message, but that would be overly complicated. Another "solution" is remote start, but that's another rabbit hole....
Arduino is a bad idea unfortunately. If you want to have a device that sits on your CAN bus all day every day and doesn't cause any issues on the bus itself (you have to remember that everything in the car relies on it) you need a bulletproof solution. Don't get me wrong, I love Arduino and what can you do with it, I use it many projects. But doing "man in the middle" type of attack on CAN bus, you need something more than prototyping platform. Thankfully one of the community members is working on a custom device, plug and play one, that you will be able to plugin before iDrive controller and use it for few things including wake up messages. No ETA or pricing yet.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 01:24 AM   #2613
MLHH1234
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: x3 '14 2.0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiqus View Post
I've managed to start the ZLink app (CarPlay) by long pressing the voice control button. From my experience, it is pretty handy.

By default, the long-press will trigger the navigation app chosen in the HU configuration menu. I've made an App to start the Zlink app. But it will be regarded as a navigation app "高德地图" by the system. If you set "高德地图" as the default navigation app in the settings, then long press on the voice control button will start ZLink instead of a navigation app.

The apk is attached below. If anyone is interested, please feel free to try it out.

https://mega.nz/file/mJpllKwY#CDJ1TP...ASKz8cLeoTaBrQ
Great work, would it be easy for you to assign Navigation status to this app?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...un.launchalexa

Last edited by MLHH1234; 01-27-2021 at 11:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 06:01 AM   #2614
Papisurf
Rep
Drives: BMW F31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socaln54 View Post
I want to piggyback from your question and make sure the OEM GPS antenna can be retrofitted before I buy a unit
Hi, I have the OEM antenna GPS connected to the original radio and the Android screen with this connector.

€ 2,64 20%OFF | Fakra C-enchufe macho a 2 conectores hembra RG174 tipo Y, Divisor de Cable combinado
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BSuP5l
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 07:33 AM   #2615
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep

Unfortunately with this type of separator, some have had surge concerns and this can cause damage.

I have been using a similar cable for 2 years, but I have noticed at times a complete freeze of my device, is it due to this cable? I don't know, but when I have time I will upgrade my HU to Android 10 and directly mount the OEM GPS cable to the Android unit.

To keep the GPS signals separate, our friend Kri here advised us on a commodity, but I haven't found it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rektor View Post
You have not removed the protective film supplied with your unit.
It will be better without, that's for sure!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 09:07 AM   #2616
dandelion
Private
Rep

Quote:
You have not removed the protective film supplied with your unit.
It will be better without, that's for sure!
Do they make a screen protector for this Hu? But I suppose it’ll glare the shit out?

Also from a lot of YouTube videos it appears there’re only one screw that secures this unit to the car? Does anyone know what kind of screw it is so I can buy a second one so it mounts more securely?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 10:33 AM   #2617
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
Here's the link to the AHD 1080p I install to all BMW models: https://ali.onl/1FLe
I don't recommend to buy a camera with handle. Usually aftermarket handles are of low quality. Better use oem handle and install universal camera into the oem dummy.
This camera has 170 degrees view, this is not always good, but you can see almost round the corner)
I have a similar camera, but it has an annoying 1-2 seconds delay when turned on until the image is displayed. Is this normal for these kind of ultra wide screen cameras? My previous camera was instant (not fisheye lens).

Your camera can be switched from AHD to CVBS by cutting the white cable. Did you try this, and does it then turn on faster?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2021, 11:03 AM   #2618
coniman
Private
Rep
Drives: F30 '12

Hi guys, I'm using CarPlay with AutoKit app in my screen and I wan't to be able to go back to CarPlay menu using MENU button in the iDrive controller. The problem is that it goes back to the HU Home Screen (closing the app) and not the CarPlay screen. Is there any way to configure the button to go to headunit Home Screen only when pressing twice? I mean one press to go to the menu inside the app you are running and double press to close the app.
Appreciate 0