F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Moving Imported Music to Playlist drive (NMT)
proTUNING Freaks

08-05-2018, 09:23 PM   #1
neils
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive

Moving Imported Music to Playlist drive (NMT)

Hi guys,

Question for those with the NMT setup (mine is 2014 F32). I am able to transfer to Apple music from an Apple playlist in iTunes onto a USB key folder. I am then able to transfer the USB music folders onto the car's drive via the NMT menu.

The problem is the following. In order to reach the transferred folders (playlists), I have to select Music Search => Folder List => LEXAR (renamed to PLAYLISTS) => Playlist 1, 2, 3 etc....

In the NMT menu, there is also an option called Playlist, and when I go in there, it only shows me Top 50, Favorites (individual songs). Is there any way to actually move a music folder (playlist) into the NMT Playlist option ? Would be a much faster way to access the list of music folders which happen to be playlists, by actually putting those folders into the system's Playlist menu option.

I know it sounds complicated, and I am guessing they sorted all this mess out with the EVO setup, but was hoping one of you knew if this could be done.

Thanks guys
Neil
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2018, 01:54 PM   #2
neils
Rep
Drives: 435i xDrive

I guess not a lot of people are into organizing their music into playlists and folders on the NMT drive. I cannot be the only guy dropping a ton of playlists from USB onto the NMT drive, and I just find it absurb that after importing a folder or playlist worth of music, the only way to access it is via
Music Search => Folder List

And having no ability to move the music folder into the PLAYLIST menu option directly. Would just save a couple of screen jumps to get to it.

I am assuming that the EVO system is more thought out for stuff like this. Or you just leave your phone connected and move around the playlists from there directly.

Neil
Appreciate 0