F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N55 Charge Pipe - VRSF vs ER
Extreme Powerhouse

08-11-2019, 07:35 PM   #23
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dope steez View Post
Here's my VRSF after about 10,000 miles. Poorly designed imo as it shouldn't be that close to the steering column.
Yup. Same thing for me.

The fitment and quality control from VRSF on their "xDrive" fitment CP is nothing short of garbage. TMAP hole is too tight as it tears the o-rings even when using lube. The meth bung leaked under pressure as well even after tightening. After a month of messing with the VRSF CP, I ordered a CTS Turbo CP, had it installed within 30 minutes of it arriving at my door. Fits like a glove, no leaks, $20 cheaper, and the CTS customer service is leaps and bounds better than VRSF.

The pics below are after 2,000 miles or use. The last 500 miles, I had removed it and dented the area that was rubbing on the steering shaft. After the CP had been "dented", the rubbing issues were gone.

IMO, if you have an xDrive, stay far far away.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      08-11-2019, 10:06 PM   #24
ali820
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '15 335i MPE 6sp Suzuka Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyactiv0 View Post
Decided to go with the CTS charge pipe, thanks for the inputs!
If you've got a manual, throw away the cheap plastic vacuum line bung it comes with and go to your nearest autoparts store and pick up a 3/4" coolant hose cap and matching hose clamp.

It'll save you from a major boost leak.

Otherwise, can't beat their quality, fitment, and price.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-11-2019, 10:35 PM   #25
the dope steez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali820 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyactiv0 View Post
Decided to go with the CTS charge pipe, thanks for the inputs!
If you've got a manual, throw away the cheap plastic vacuum line bung it comes with and go to your nearest autoparts store and pick up a 3/4" coolant hose cap and matching hose clamp.

It'll save you from a major boost leak.

Otherwise, can't beat their quality, fitment, and price.
Good point, I saved mine from the VRSF pipe I replaced.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2019, 09:09 AM   #26
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 111R View Post
I have a VRSF on my E90 N55 and it rubs against the power steering reservoir hose. I think this has led to leaking at the throttle body end, so I'm looking to go with another brand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the dope steez View Post
Here's my VRSF after about 10,000 miles. Poorly designed imo as it shouldn't be that close to the steering column.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e46m3to335i View Post
Yup. Same thing for me.

The fitment and quality control from VRSF on their "xDrive" fitment CP is nothing short of garbage. TMAP hole is too tight as it tears the o-rings even when using lube. The meth bung leaked under pressure as well even after tightening. After a month of messing with the VRSF CP, I ordered a CTS Turbo CP, had it installed within 30 minutes of it arriving at my door. Fits like a glove, no leaks, $20 cheaper, and the CTS customer service is leaps and bounds better than VRSF.

The pics below are after 2,000 miles or use. The last 500 miles, I had removed it and dented the area that was rubbing on the steering shaft. After the CP had been "dented", the rubbing issues were gone.

IMO, if you have an xDrive, stay far far away.
The VRSF Charge Pipes have been revised for the F30 platform and we've resolved the clearance issue issue described. Shoot us an e-mail to support@vr-speed.com with your order number & we'll gladly provide the folks affected with a replacement free of charge for the inconvenience.

Last edited by Tiago@VRSF; 08-15-2019 at 09:30 AM..
Appreciate 1
otay826.00
      08-15-2019, 09:26 AM   #27
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Bronze Metallic 335i

Zero problem with fitament on my vrsf here.
      08-15-2019, 01:11 PM   #28
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiago@VRSF View Post
The VRSF Charge Pipes have been revised for the F30 platform and we've resolved the clearance issue issue described. Shoot us an e-mail to support@vr-speed.com with your order number & we'll gladly provide the folks affected with a replacement free of charge for the inconvenience.
Had a long conversation with you about the issues I had and never got a response back from you. I bought my CP new in box from a fellow member on here so I don't have an order number to provide. Guess I'm going to be SOL then
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2019, 04:25 PM   #29
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Had a long conversation with you about the issues I had and never got a response back from you. I bought my CP new in box from a fellow member on here so I don't have an order number to provide. Guess I'm going to be SOL then
Guess I guessed right. Use me as a lesson on this.

After years of buying car parts from people off the forums, I'd have to say, NEVER buy something when it's "new in box".

1) You typically only save a little in comparison to parts that have slight use on them.

2) You don't get any kind of warranty on the "new" part in case there are issues with it, or something is missing since your not the one who purchased it directly from the company.

3) A used part typically won't give you fitment issues since it's been working on someone else's vehicle, odds are it still works just fine.

Not blaming VRSF. I should have known better to roll the dice on VRSF products regardless of them being "new in box".

It makes complete sense from a business viewpoint why they wouldn't honor any type of help regardless of how horrible the fitment was or how they even acknowledged that they had to revise the design, or how they argued with customers about issues with said charge pipe and then the customer later finds out that a revision was done months before 😂😂😂.
Appreciate 1
      08-22-2019, 09:05 PM   #30
phat8186
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340i F30 EBII E92 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeycons View Post
Go ER I just swapped my VRSF for ER and when it came it that shit was all destroyed from rubbing on the steering column. Although I've heard they've changed the design recently.
I think I have that fucking rubbing of the steering column nonsense grrr
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 09:22 PM   #31
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
If anyone having an issue with this product, again, e-mail support@vr-speed.com and we'll get you a replacement. As I previously mentioned, we're all enthusiasts here and the last thing we want is someone having a bad experience with a VRSF part.

We've redesigned our XI chargepipe to rectify this exact issue and we're more than willing to supply replacements to any customer who originally purchased our chargepipe but please keep in mind that we've always sold two versions of this charge pipe. If a used RWD chargepipe is sold to a customer with an XI, unfortunately it's very difficult for us to accept responsibility for a mis-matched part but we'll certainly do our best to ensure we can assist you with getting the correct part for your car
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 03:37 PM   #32
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If anyone having an issue with this product, again, e-mail support@vr-speed.com and we'll get you a replacement. As I previously mentioned, we're all enthusiasts here and the last thing we want is someone having a bad experience with a VRSF part.

We've redesigned our XI chargepipe to rectify this exact issue and we're more than willing to supply replacements to any customer who [COLOR="DarkRed"]originally[/COLOR] purchased our chargepipe but please keep in mind that we've always sold two versions of this charge pipe. If a used RWD chargepipe is sold to a customer with an XI, unfortunately it's very difficult for us to accept responsibility for a mis-matched part but we'll certainly do our best to ensure we can assist you with getting the correct part for your car
Quote:
Originally Posted by phat8186 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeycons View Post
Go ER I just swapped my VRSF for ER and when it came it that shit was all destroyed from rubbing on the steering column. Although I've heard they've changed the design recently.
I think I have that fucking rubbing of the steering column nonsense grrr
Hopefully you were the original buyer and you bought if from a legit seller.... Good to hear they stand behind what the sell regardless of conditions 🙄🙄
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2019, 03:51 PM   #33
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep

It's crazy how some companies these days would rather have someone that will spread bad word about one of their products instead of replace a $20 pipe. I have literally probably swayed dozens upon dozens of future customers from buying their CP from VRSF and all they would have had to do was send me a stupid upper replacement pipe that actually fit.

Then they would have received a positive review on here which would have brought them potentially, dozens of new customers....

When I first contacted them I was completely civil. They acted like they had never heard of the issues I was reporting. Funny how they are more than happy to talk about a complete REVISION because of the same issues I reported LOL. The second I told them that I bought it second hand but brand new in box, they went ghost, FB messages showed "read" with no replies.

Customer service like that speaks volumes on integrity and ethics.
Appreciate 1
aps335.50
      08-26-2019, 11:05 AM   #34
rlman41299
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i f33

I installed CTS turbo FMIC and CP and the fitment is like oem on both.
Appreciate 4
      08-27-2019, 02:44 PM   #35
mcintoshf30
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlman41299 View Post
I installed CTS turbo FMIC and CP and the fitment is like oem on both.
Thinking about going with CTS FMIC over Wagner comp EVOII, worth?
Appreciate 2
ali820271.50
      08-28-2019, 07:47 PM   #36
Alpine-F80
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
It's crazy how some companies these days would rather have someone that will spread bad word about one of their products instead of replace a $20 pipe. I have literally probably swayed dozens upon dozens of future customers from buying their CP from VRSF and all they would have had to do was send me a stupid upper replacement pipe that actually fit.

Then they would have received a positive review on here which would have brought them potentially, dozens of new customers....

When I first contacted them I was completely civil. They acted like they had never heard of the issues I was reporting. Funny how they are more than happy to talk about a complete REVISION because of the same issues I reported LOL. The second I told them that I bought it second hand but brand new in box, they went ghost, FB messages showed "read" with no replies.

Dude you bought it from a random person on a forum, why would they replace that!? How are they to know it wasn't a knock-off? You haven't swayed anyone, move on.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 07:54 PM   #37
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine_F30 View Post
Quote:

Dude you bought it from a random person on a forum, why would they replace that!? How are they to know it wasn't a knock-off? You haven't swayed anyone, move on.
You bring up a great point. How would they be able to tell the difference between one Chinese mass produced charge pipe and any other mass produced Chinese charge pipe. LOL

Just sharing my story with the community on how they don't stand behind their products. Basically, don't buy "new in box" VRSF parts. Because you'll be SOL if it doesn't fit.
Appreciate 2
ali820271.50
      08-28-2019, 10:13 PM   #38
RSicks
Typical Car Guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Just sharing my story with the community on how they don't stand behind their products. Basically, don't buy "new in box" VRSF parts. Because you'll be SOL if it doesn't fit.
I am amazed that you think VRSF or any company should give you something when you did not buy it from them or one of their resellers. You saved some cash buying from someone and you think that any manufacture will warranty that part. You are in for a rude awakening when it comes to the world of business.

No company in their right mind is going to warranty a part that you bought from someone else... that includes turbos, exhaust, suspension, etc. You can stay mad all you want, but if you want something with a warranty... cough up the cash - pretty simple idea.
      08-29-2019, 12:45 AM   #39
Tiago@VRSF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You bring up a great point. How would they be able to tell the difference between one Chinese mass produced charge pipe and any other mass produced Chinese charge pipe. LOL

First, we offer two models, one for a RWD car and a XI car. If the incorrect part was purchased second hand, how are we possibly to blame?

We'll gladly warranty any product purchased from one of our authorized retailers along with ourselves. We stand by our product and warranty 100%.

The problem at hand is the fact that I've personally have had to deal with dozens of issues where an individual contacts us for support and it's then determined that they were conned into purchasing an ill-fitting knock off on Amazon or eBay rather than an authentic VRSF part from a reputable retailer.

Again I'm more than happy to assist with providing a replacement at a discount, at our expense due to the circumstance. We simply don't want customers having poor experiences with our products whether or not they were sold the correct item or a counterfeit item. Please understand that we also can't be held liable for every scum bag who uses our name to rob an enthusiast by duping them with a counterfeit product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSicks View Post
I am amazed that you think VRSF or any company should give you something when you did not buy it from them or one of their resellers. You saved some cash buying from someone and you think that any manufacture will warranty that part. You are in for a rude awakening when it comes to the world of business.

No company in their right mind is going to warranty a part that you bought from someone else... that includes turbos, exhaust, suspension, etc. You can stay mad all you want, but if you want something with a warranty... cough up the cash - pretty simple idea.
I agree and this is exactly why we offer the option for potential buyers to contact us for authenticity prior to purchasing a second hand product. If you're going to buy used, send us an e-mail with a picture of the product or request a copy of the original invoice from the buyer and we'll be more than happy to make sure you're not getting duped. Otherwise there simply isn't enough evidence to back the fact that the product is authentic or the fact that it will fit your car.

While we don't warranty "used" parts simply due to the incredible level of counterfeiting and copying that is prevalent in this market, we do our best to ensure the customer has a good experience with our brand regardless. In the case that someone is sold a product from a counterfeiter or copy cat brand, we do our best to assist.

With that said, our chargepipes arrive back in stock early next week and I'll gladly offer up the first few sets that hit our door to any reputable members on this forum, at a significant discount for helping us display the quality and fitment you can expect from a VRSF product.
Appreciate 3
      08-29-2019, 05:52 AM   #40
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

First, we offer two models, one for a RWD car and a XI car. If the incorrect part was purchased second hand, how are we possibly to blame?

We'll gladly warranty any product purchased from one of our authorized retailers along with ourselves. We stand by our product and warranty 100%.

The problem at hand is the fact that I've personally have had to deal with dozens of issues where an individual contacts us for support and it's then determined that they were conned into purchasing an ill-fitting knock off on Amazon or eBay rather than an authentic VRSF part from a reputable retailer.

Again I'm more than happy to assist with providing a replacement at a discount, at our expense due to the circumstance. We simply don't want customers having poor experiences with our products whether or not they were sold the correct item or a counterfeit item. Please understand that we also can't be held liable for every scum bag who uses our name to rob an enthusiast by duping them with a counterfeit product.

Quote:

I agree and this is exactly why we offer the option for potential buyers to contact us for authenticity prior to purchasing a second hand product. If you're going to buy used, send us an e-mail with a picture of the product or request a copy of the original invoice from the buyer and we'll be more than happy to make sure you're not getting duped. Otherwise there simply isn't enough evidence to back the fact that the product is authentic or the fact that it will fit your car.

While we don't warranty "used" parts simply due to the incredible level of counterfeiting and copying that is prevalent in this market, we do our best to ensure the customer has a good experience with our brand regardless. In the case that someone is sold a product from a counterfeiter or copy cat brand, we do our best to assist.

With that said, our chargepipes arrive back in stock early next week and I'll gladly offer up the first few sets that hit our door to any reputable members on this forum, at a significant discount for helping us display the quality and fitment you can expect from a VRSF product.
The simple fact that you as a well known company in this industry would even offer a discount to buyers of your improved/fixed design to "prove" that your products fit is nothing short of an embarrassment.

Ever notice how "good quality cars" don't have rebates/discounts ??? Odd huh. Lol

You guys couldn't get your N54 DP's right for years, your catted DP's that we're guaranteed to give no CEL didn't work, a huge amount of F Series CP's had to be redesigned.

But yeah, that's all the great and quality fitment you'd expect from VRSF right. Let me let you in on a little secret. This community expects to have a 50/50 chance that the parts we buy will fit. That's what we expect.

@VRSF. Your products have ALWAYS been mediocre at best in terms of fitment and quality, you're customer service is trash. The simple fact that you have to comment in here defending your own company speaks volumes.

If you and your company were crushing sales and customer services issues like you're supposed to, you'd have dozens of people defending your brand. Instead you have like 2-3.

And we wonder why VRSF doesn't have a telephone number to call........
Appreciate 1
ali820271.50
      08-29-2019, 06:01 AM   #41
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks, I do have a knack for amazing people.

Let me ask you something. If you buy something off here from a fellow member and it's brand new in box never opened, would you expect it to fit?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 09:27 AM   #42
Alpine-F80
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:

Let me ask you something. If you buy something off here from a fellow member and it's brand new in box never opened, would you expect it to fit?
Sure, yes I would, but if I bought used "like new" KW coilovers that didn't fit because I bought the X-Drive version I wouldn't go crying to KW for a new set and spend my whole day bashing KW. Are you friggin' kidding me!?

If you bought the pipe brand new from VRSF you would have an excuse to complain, but in that case they would have replaced it for you, which is leaps and bounds better than other companies in the same price range.

Does VRSF have occasional fitment issues? Sure, no one is claiming it's a perfect product 100% of the time, what do you expect when their prices are competitive with no-name ebay stuff? Get a grip dude and move on.

Last edited by Alpine-F80; 08-29-2019 at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 09:52 AM   #43
e46m3to335i
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine_F30 View Post
Quote:

Sure, yes I would, but if I bought used "like new" KW coilovers that didn't fit for example, I wouldn't go crying to KW for a new set and spend my whole day bashing KW. Are you friggin' kidding me!?

You're coming off like an entitled little brat, just stop. If you bought the pipe brand new from VRSF you would have an excuse to complain, but in that case they would have replaced it for you, which is leaps and bounds better than other companies in the same price range.

Does VRSF have fitment issues at times? Sure, no one is claiming it's a perfect product 100% of the time, what do you expect when their prices are competitive with no-name ebay stuff? Get a grip dude.
You're comparing apples to oranges. I didn't buy something "used in like new condition". I bought it from a member "BNIB" never opened.

I get it. I lost all warranty and fitment related issues when I bought it from a forum member and not a business.

Here's my issue. When I contacted VRSF about the issues I was having. I wasn't even reaching out to them about a replacement, I reached out to them to see if there was anything they could recommend to aid in the issues I was having.

They immediately accused me of installing it wrong and told me to get a smoke test done. I told them that I had video with proof of the leaks from the "boost leak test device" I made. They also claimed that they had NEVER heard of the issues I was having. However in this thread, they magically have a "revised" CP for the xDrive cars.

I sent them the video and then they never replied even though it showed that the messages had been "read". Completely blew me off and didn't offer any help. This all happened before they even had a clue I wasn't the original owner.

I bought the CP and DP from the same member on here. The DP fit decently and I still have it installed on my car, I have no issues saying the DP fits fine....
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2019, 08:24 PM   #44
wdeerfield
A family of bimmers
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 G01 X3M40i

I've had a vrsf chargepipe installed for 2 years on my xi without an issue and the car has been through multiple MPIs at the dealer and scanned several times and no issues. Yes the steering rack looks to be close but it is not rubbing at all. I do not have chipping powdercoat or anything. It looks brand new just like the day it went on. Will take photos of it installed if people want to question it. I have it paired with my vrsf fmic as well.

To the individual who keeps bashing the company and making themselves look like a fool, what are you hoping to accomplish.

Have you ever heard the phrase "praise in public, criticize in private"? You may have had better luck explaining to vrsf the whole story upfront and ask how they can help you out.