F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > BMW ConnectedDrive Services Professional Renewal?
GetBMWParts

12-02-2018, 10:59 AM   #1
jalx
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 16' 340i xDrive

BMW ConnectedDrive Services Professional Renewal?

Hi guys, my Canadian 2016 340i has the BMW ConnectedDrive Services Professional expiring in a few weeks. BMW wants CAD $300 for a year of the service.

It supposedly gives me:
- Up-to-date, location-based information at any time
- Convenient and secure use of selected smartphone apps* in vehicle
- Detailed display of traffic situation in real time on highways and major roads
- Remote Services allow you to stay in touch with your BMW via your smartphone
- Concierge Services offer personal 24/7 information service at the push of a button

I hardly use the BMW maps, I'm always on Waze.

Do you think it is worth the $?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2018, 02:23 PM   #2
LeRoi007
Rep
Drives: BMW M760L & X7

I use both Waze and BMW Connected drive professional. I find the dynamic re-routing in the BMW system very useful. Waze is superior in getting you up to date road closure. Waze works with Apple CarPlay now.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 09:15 AM   #3
DrifterX
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport 6MT+RWD

Garage List
I have the 3 year subscription which came with my vehicle and is up for renewal in 6 weeks and I'm contemplating if I should renew for another 3 years ($650). Here's my input:
  1. Location/remote services is really cool as I can locate my vehicle from anywhere using my phone. I can also lock, unlock, blink headlights, honk the horn from my phone using this service as well. I think it's good to have just in case of emergencies but not sure if it's worth the cost since I've thankfully haven't had any emergency...
  2. The only "BMW smart phone app" I've used is the Spotify app for a limited time, nothing else was really useful to me
  3. I go between BMW nav, Google Maps and more recently, Waze. I really do like the turn-by-turn nav in the vehicle as it displays nav info on the heads up display and is integrated really well but I've found the traffic info is not as good as Google/Waze at times. Entering an address isn't as quick as your phone obviously so I tend to use my phone if the address isn't saved in my vehicle. Voice entry of addresses is sometimes annoying as it doesn't catch what I say sometimes.
  4. I have personally never used the concierge service in the last 3 years I've had the car.

Since you said you already use Waze, probably not worth the cost to get the $300 annual subscription for you... you're probably better off spending that money on a better data plan for your smart phone.
      12-18-2018, 01:35 PM   #4
stvding
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: G20 M340ix

Don't get
Appreciate 0