F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Tracking / Racing / Autocrossing > 1/4 mile first timer
GetBMWParts

06-23-2018, 12:07 AM   #1
the dope steez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

1/4 mile first timer

Went to the track today to see what this thing could do. I wasn't sure what to expect as I was seeing cars with similar mods running high 12s, but I also know that at my elevation that might be out of reach.

Luckily it wasn't busy at all and I was basically able to do as many passes as I wanted. It started off pretty rough with a lot of bogged launches, then I started to get the hang of it. By the end of the day I was hanging with most of the newer model tuned cars including tuned focus rs, tuned wrx, mustang gt350 and a gt500 with a guy who couldn't drive.

Here are the slips. The times don't look too impressive but I felt pretty good about them. I'm not sure how much elevation plays a role but I'm at about 2,400 ft. Any experts on that feel free to chime in!

Best run 13.58 @ 106

N55 PWG
FBO + Bootmod3 stage 2 93 V6 tune
half tank of 94 oct. + half bottle of octane booster (to improve timing)

here are a couple logs.

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5b2d9b76d10b430873d73c67

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5b2d9c66d10b430873d73c68
Attached Images

Last edited by the dope steez; 06-23-2018 at 12:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 10:32 AM   #2
DarkStarBimmer
Colonol Forbin
Rep
Drives: 17' BSM 330i xDrive

Garage List
2017 330i  [0.00]
Its hard to read your time slips. I'm guessing since it was your first time, your launch could use improvement. Check your 60ft times. hopefully they are sub 2.0.

Sometimes people get caught up in Reaction Time and completely bog the launch which is an ET killer.

I would let the light/tree go green a few times and not worry about RT, and really dial in your launch to hammer the 60ft. You should see an improvement in your overall ET with better 60ft's.

did you lower your tire pressure at all? What was the temp outside
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2018, 11:49 AM   #3
the dope steez
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStarBimmer View Post
Its hard to read your time slips. I'm guessing since it was your first time, your launch could use improvement. Check your 60ft times. hopefully they are sub 2.0.

Sometimes people get caught up in Reaction Time and completely bog the launch which is an ET killer.

I would let the light/tree go green a few times and not worry about RT, and really dial in your launch to hammer the 60ft. You should see an improvement in your overall ET with better 60ft's.

did you lower your tire pressure at all? What was the temp outside
2.1 60 ft. I definitely bogged a couple launches, and then realized afterwards that RT doesn't affect your ET at all (although it did help me win a couple of races I had no business winning)

Temps were about 20 Celsius, so not crazy. Tire pressure I didn't mess with but I'm on x drive so didn't have any traction issues.

I agree the launches are my weak point but I was able to get them smoother and quicker as the night went on. As brought up in the BM3 Facebook group my IATs on this AA intercooler are extremely high. Like stock intercooler high, which is what they believe is killing my times.

It's not something I really want to upgrade at this point since it's basically brand new, but I guess you get what you pay for...
Appreciate 0