F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
proTUNING Freaks
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-27-2021, 09:19 PM   #15731
Texasdoc1
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: 2016 328i
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Use newer (bottom) one.
Thanks! FWIW, I really almost screwed it up. I had the car on, but it wasn't running. After making the changes I wanted, I tried to write the code. Got an error. Then couldn't make any changes since the CAFD was corrupted (FFFFFFFF_255_255_255). Took forever to figure out how to fix it. Had to download ESys 3.3, detect caf for swe, reinject the old file, uninstall 3.3, reinstall 3.27, THEN make the changes. ALL WHILE THE CAR WAS RUNNING!!!

3 Lessons learned the hard way (the way I usually do it).

1 - Engine ON while making changes.
2 - Make backups along the way
3 - Never let BMW perform a software upgrade without you knowing about it first.

They didn't even tell me they were going to do a software update. I just got the car back from an oil change and none of my changes done 4 years ago still worked.

Thanks Shawn!!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 12:59 PM   #15732
Texasdoc1
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: 2016 328i
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Anybody know why this doesnít work anymore?

FEM_BODY
3060
BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP
werte = X-1 werte = 02
Change the triple blinker blinks to any amount. (Value is XX + 1).

When I tried to change it yesterday, the stock setting is now 00. It is not 02 as noted. I tried to change it to 04, but still only get 3 flashes. Iím going for 5. Do I need to change it to 06?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2021, 01:09 PM   #15733
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5347
Rep
27,808
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasdoc1 View Post
Anybody know why this doesnít work anymore?

FEM_BODY
3060
BLINKZYKLEN_ANZAHL_TIPP
werte = X-1 werte = 02
Change the triple blinker blinks to any amount. (Value is XX + 1).

When I tried to change it yesterday, the stock setting is now 00. It is not 02 as noted. I tried to change it to 04, but still only get 3 flashes. Iím going for 5. Do I need to change it to 06?
In newer firmware it does not work.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 02:22 PM   #15734
Texasdoc1
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
9
Posts

Drives: 2016 328i
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Is there a different setting to make the lane-change feature blink 5 times?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2021, 02:47 PM   #15735
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5347
Rep
27,808
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasdoc1 View Post
Is there a different setting to make the lane-change feature blink 5 times?
No.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 02:56 AM   #15736
Skyhigh
Colonel
Skyhigh's Avatar
978
Rep
2,337
Posts

Drives: BMW F36
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

I suspect there is and must be, but no one has found it yet. Unfortunately.
__________________
"Large increases in cost with questionable increases in performance can be tolerated only in cars and women."
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2021, 04:29 AM   #15737
Luverse
First Lieutenant
Luverse's Avatar
Indonesia
176
Rep
352
Posts

Drives: BMW F30
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Jakarta

iTrader: (0)

Hi guys,

Anyone know how to activate this:

1. Bang & Olufsen DSP
2. Engine coolant temperature display
3. Engine power (or sport display) on sport mode in 6wb

i've been reading several pages, but still couldn't find it, because there's hunder of pages.

Thank you
__________________
Instagram: nightfall.f30
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 05:30 PM   #15738
reddragon2282
Registered
Wales
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: 420D M-SPORT XDrive
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Cardiff

iTrader: (0)

shawnsheridan Please send the E-Sys instructions and download if you get some free time. Thanks!

Can I also get the most up to date psdzdata for my 2014 f32 4 series.

You are truly a legend.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2021, 05:34 PM   #15739
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5347
Rep
27,808
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddragon2282 View Post
shawnsheridan Please send the E-Sys instructions and download if you get some free time. Thanks!

Can I also get the most up to date psdzdata for my 2014 f32 4 series.

You are truly a legend.
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2021, 06:42 AM   #15740
erikasbrz
Registered
0
Rep
2
Posts

Drives: F31
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Lithuania

iTrader: (0)

Hi all,

Maybe I could find some help for bringing default settings to the REM.

After messing with rear lamps (to be turned on in the day time) via bimmercode, the PDC stopped working and shows error "no parking assistance, please park unaided."

Now I see that i get an error REM 8032C0 via diagnostic tool.

I have tried to "code" back to default REM via ESYS with psdzdata (Read VO, Activate FA, Read ECU, Right click on REM ECU, Code). Where results were successful, although nothing has changed. (still got the same PDC error)

I have noticed that while "coding" there is a note that "VCM update is deactivated, so it was not updated"

Do I need to do something else to bring REM ECU values to default (such as Detect CAF for SWE)? I have checked my VO from VIN and it has opt 508 (PDC front and back, w/o camera)

If I am missing any step in the coding workflow, please write me every single step i should do (and if i need to mess around with VCM or MSN options).

N47 F31 2014
Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 03:21 PM   #15741
millerjustinw
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: BMW 440i
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

I just bought a new-to-me 2017 440i and I'm excited to get started with some coding changes. Can you please help me get the appropriate E-sys, Launcher and psdzdata for my car?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 03:50 PM   #15742
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5347
Rep
27,808
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikasbrz View Post
Hi all,

Maybe I could find some help for bringing default settings to the REM.

After messing with rear lamps (to be turned on in the day time) via bimmercode, the PDC stopped working and shows error "no parking assistance, please park unaided."

Now I see that i get an error REM 8032C0 via diagnostic tool.

I have tried to "code" back to default REM via ESYS with psdzdata (Read VO, Activate FA, Read ECU, Right click on REM ECU, Code). Where results were successful, although nothing has changed. (still got the same PDC error)

I have noticed that while "coding" there is a note that "VCM update is deactivated, so it was not updated"

Do I need to do something else to bring REM ECU values to default (such as Detect CAF for SWE)? I have checked my VO from VIN and it has opt 508 (PDC front and back, w/o camera)

If I am missing any step in the coding workflow, please write me every single step i should do (and if i need to mess around with VCM or MSN options).

N47 F31 2014
Thank you in advance!
VO Coding REM (Right-Click => CODE) with original unmodified FA resets REM to factory coding. There is no more to do.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2021, 03:53 PM   #15743
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5347
Rep
27,808
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by millerjustinw View Post
I just bought a new-to-me 2017 440i and I'm excited to get started with some coding changes. Can you please help me get the appropriate E-sys, Launcher and psdzdata for my car?

Thank you!
PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 02:40 AM   #15744
tijsva
Registered
Netherlands
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW F30 330e
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Prinsenbeek

iTrader: (0)

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I see that there's a lot of info to be found on coding. I have recently purchased an FLA mirror for my F30 330e (2016), bought the new steering wheel ring with FLA button, wired up everything, only needs coding.

I tried using esys 3.25, but I believe that the PsdZData is too old for my car (51.3). Can somebody confirm if this is the case? Much appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 03:55 AM   #15745
drink
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: BMW F20
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Austria

iTrader: (0)

Hi all,

I'd like to code my F20 - might anybody can share a working version of Esys and Launcher?
Thank you very much!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2021, 10:57 AM   #15746
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5347
Rep
27,808
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijsva View Post
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I see that there's a lot of info to be found on coding. I have recently purchased an FLA mirror for my F30 330e (2016), bought the new steering wheel ring with FLA button, wired up everything, only needs coding.

I tried using esys 3.25, but I believe that the PsdZData is too old for my car (51.3). Can somebody confirm if this is the case? Much appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drink View Post
Hi all,

I'd like to code my F20 - might anybody can share a working version of Esys and Launcher?
Thank you very much!
PM's sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 06:18 PM   #15747
IAM_Mike
New Member
0
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: South Wales

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijsva View Post
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I see that there's a lot of info to be found on coding. I have recently purchased an FLA mirror for my F30 330e (2016), bought the new steering wheel ring with FLA button, wired up everything, only needs coding.

I tried using esys 3.25, but I believe that the PsdZData is too old for my car (51.3). Can somebody confirm if this is the case? Much appreciated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drink View Post
Hi all,

I'd like to code my F20 - might anybody can share a working version of Esys and Launcher?
Thank you very much!
PM's sent.
Hi Shawn,

Can you send link to psdzdata for 2017 f30?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2021, 07:27 PM   #15748
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5347
Rep
27,808
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAM_Mike View Post
Hi Shawn,

Can you send link to psdzdata for 2017 f30?
I replied to your same PM.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 08:51 PM   #15749
mike5124
Private
mike5124's Avatar
United_States
11
Rep
64
Posts

Drives: 2006 BMW 325i (E90)
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Greater New York Area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Hello, thank you for the E-sys links and instructions before, but I think the links expired.

Is it possible you can send me the up-to-date psdzdata again, both lite and full? I would appreciate it, thank you so much.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2021, 08:54 PM   #15750
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5347
Rep
27,808
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike5124 View Post
Hello, thank you for the E-sys links and instructions before, but I think the links expired.

Is it possible you can send me the up-to-date psdzdata again, both lite and full? I would appreciate it, thank you so much.
If you have Full, there is Zero reason to also have Lite, and not that you would ever need it, but you could just make Lite from full. PM sent.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 1
      02-26-2021, 03:54 PM   #15751
ksiftilla
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: f30 320ied
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: greece

iTrader: (0)

Hello,I just clicked to ecu and code enire ECU`s in my vehicle. when im trying to code my hu for alpine retrofit. Now i have a limp mode. I searched for solution in all forums but cannot find a solution. Only thing i found is ``Detect CAF for SWE`` button to fix my DME. But that button is grayed out. Can I do this with new esys and/or new Psdzdata?
I m newbei in coding. Thanks for help.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2021, 04:56 AM   #15752
shawnsheridan
General
shawnsheridan's Avatar
United_States
5347
Rep
27,808
Posts

Drives: 2016 650i GC M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksiftilla View Post
Hello,I just clicked to ecu and code enire ECU`s in my vehicle. when im trying to code my hu for alpine retrofit. Now i have a limp mode. I searched for solution in all forums but cannot find a solution. Only thing i found is ``Detect CAF for SWE`` button to fix my DME. But that button is grayed out. Can I do this with new esys and/or new Psdzdata?
I m newbei in coding. Thanks for help.
I replied to your same PM.
__________________

2016 650i GC M-Sport w/ 20" 373M Wheels; Alpine White; Individual Opal White Full Merino Leather; Gray Poplar Wood Trim
Anthracite Alcantara Headliner; Ceramic Controls; Executive Package w/ B&O Sound System; Integral Active Steering, etc.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
3 series coding, 3 series f30, 3 series f30 coding, 3 series f30 forum, 3 series forum, 3-series forum, 5 series f10 coding, ass, ass disable, auto start stop, auto start stop disable, bmw 3 series coding, bmw 3 series f30, bmw 3 series forum, bmw 3-series f30, bmw 3-series forum, bmw 5 series coding, bmw auto start stop disable, bmw auto start stop disabling, bmw coding, bmw coding directions, bmw coding diy, bmw coding instructions, bmw diy, bmw diy forum, bmw f10 coding, bmw f30, bmw f30 3 series, bmw f30 3-series, bmw f30 coding, bmw f30 forum, coding 3 series, coding f30, coding f30 3 series, disable ass, disable auto start stop, disable bmw auto start stop, disabling auto start stop, disabling bmw auto start stop, f10 5 series coding, f10 coding, f30 3 series, f30 3 series coding, f30 3 series forum, f30 3-series, f30 3-series forum, f30 coding, f30 forum, f30 forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:22 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST