F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > My F30 build thread aka "Hilda"
proTUNING Freaks
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-02-2021, 06:57 PM   #23
nyc_dude
Lieutenant
nyc_dude's Avatar
United_States
163
Rep
496
Posts

Drives: 09 //M3 e90 Interlagos Blue
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Thank you Buckeye. Luckily Bartek has new instructions for the F3X/F8X install. You have to take the entire cluster apart in the back (2 circuit boards). Then the silver rings have to come off....clips are in the back. Yes the overlays just drop in with out adhesive, even the small gauge overlays.

I did write in the custom order, but they ignored it and sent two sets of red MPH gauges. Then I got there correct color resent (gray and black) with the ///M logo, etc. Website is still not updated 3/2021.

Will try the install in a week or two...mods are backed up.

Thanks for the quick reply,

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 02:00 PM   #24
340_Buckeye
Private
26
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i xDrive
Join Date: May 2019
Location: DMV

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Yep, its an easy install. Good luck! You're gonna love it, I love the way my gauges turned out
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2021, 10:50 PM   #25
340_Buckeye
Private
26
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i xDrive
Join Date: May 2019
Location: DMV

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Ordered some M4 CS OLED-style tail lights for the car. Don't have them yet, but they are similar in style to the second set of lights in the linked video below. I was sent a video of the welcome sequence, sequential turn signal, brake light, and reverse light in action by the manufacturer and, fingers crossed, everything looks flawless so far. Will definitely post pics once I have them and put them on the car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOmecKXeEiA
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2021, 04:09 PM   #26
340_Buckeye
Private
26
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i xDrive
Join Date: May 2019
Location: DMV

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Got my M4 GTS style OLED taillights on! They turned out amazing, the fitment is good, and the sequential turn signal and startup sequence are a really nice touch. Overall I'm super happy with these
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2021, 10:56 PM   #27
captainfast
Enlisted Member
17
Rep
35
Posts

Drives: F30 330e 2016
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Malaysia

iTrader: (0)

Car looks awesome! Any reason you didn't go for the fully digital cluster that Kies Motorsports offers?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2021, 11:13 AM   #28
340_Buckeye
Private
26
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i xDrive
Join Date: May 2019
Location: DMV

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainfast View Post
Car looks awesome! Any reason you didn't go for the fully digital cluster that Kies Motorsports offers?
Thanks so much! There were a couple reasons. First, I wanted the gauge faces to be blue. It matches the other accents in the interior (e.g. shift paddles and start/stop button), and it is reminiscent of the Alpina gauge clusters, which I personally love the look of. Second, the 6WB with coding is big money, and the price is kind of hard to justify for a gauge cluster. I would rather spend the money on other parts. That said, if the price ever drops on them or there's a sale on them, I would highly consider the 6WB as the digital clusters are very nice.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 02:37 PM   #29
340_Buckeye
Private
26
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i xDrive
Join Date: May 2019
Location: DMV

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Updated the iDrive firmware to ID6, and had Apple CarPlay installed as well after the flash. The ID6 firmware update really modernized the iDrive well, and CarPlay is an absolute blessing while driving. Overall I'm really happy with this upgrade, definitely made a substantial improvement to daily driving- bigger than I thought it would.
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 12:43 PM   #30
340_Buckeye
Private
26
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i xDrive
Join Date: May 2019
Location: DMV

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Decided to wrap the interior trim with forged carbon fiber. I would've rather bought a kit, but I couldn't find any forged carbon interior kits for the f30 unfortunately. But the wrap turned out great, and I'm digging the look of the forged carbon. I eventually may do the shifter and shifter surround as well but I haven't decided on that yet.
Attached Images
   
Appreciate 1
aardate83.00
      07-21-2021, 05:59 PM   #31
j.f.leonard
Lieutenant
j.f.leonard's Avatar
United_States
152
Rep
519
Posts

Drives: 2012 328i f30
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: north carolina

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340_Buckeye View Post
Decided to wrap the interior trim with forged carbon fiber. I would've rather bought a kit, but I couldn't find any forged carbon interior kits for the f30 unfortunately. But the wrap turned out great, and I'm digging the look of the forged carbon. I eventually may do the shifter and shifter surround as well but I haven't decided on that yet.
Thats so sick!! I was debating on doing forged CF wrap but opted for the regular CF vinyl instead. Wish I wouldve done forged now!
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2021, 02:05 AM   #32
Sigge
Private First Class
Sigge's Avatar
152
Rep
177
Posts

Drives: BMW 420d xDrive 2016
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Where does people get these custom gauge faces? Would love to get white ones for mine
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 04:55 PM   #33
Tallest
Major General
Tallest's Avatar
No_Country
426
Rep
5,722
Posts

Drives: '13 GSM F30 320d
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Europa

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Love the gauges dude. Alpina-esque.
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2021, 03:34 AM   #34
dark12321
New Member
dark12321's Avatar
2
Rep
7
Posts

Drives: BMW F31
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

The blue gauge looks sick. Do you want to add some new blue parts in the interieur? little details makes the difference in my opinion
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2021, 07:58 AM   #35
3FortyI
Private
38
Rep
89
Posts

Drives: 340i
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340_Buckeye View Post
Updated the iDrive firmware to ID6, and had Apple CarPlay installed as well after the flash. The ID6 firmware update really modernized the iDrive well, and CarPlay is an absolute blessing while driving. Overall I'm really happy with this upgrade, definitely made a substantial improvement to daily driving- bigger than I thought it would.
Nice! How did you upgrade to ID6? I thought you couldn't given 2016 year.. I have the MMI carplay but would love to learn more about this
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2021, 11:48 AM   #36
ddkyosho
New Member
2
Rep
5
Posts

Drives: bmw f10
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: singapore

iTrader: (0)

Looking good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 340_Buckeye View Post
Got my M4 GTS style OLED taillights on! They turned out amazing, the fitment is good, and the sequential turn signal and startup sequence are a really nice touch. Overall I'm super happy with these
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2021, 11:59 AM   #37
aardate
Private First Class
aardate's Avatar
United_States
83
Rep
163
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Houston, TX

iTrader: (0)

The forged carbon fiber looks amazing!
It also matches your shorts
Appreciate 1
      07-27-2021, 09:41 AM   #38
340_Buckeye
Private
26
Rep
50
Posts

Drives: BMW 340i xDrive
Join Date: May 2019
Location: DMV

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.f.leonard View Post
Thats so sick!! I was debating on doing forged CF wrap but opted for the regular CF vinyl instead. Wish I wouldve done forged now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallest View Post
Love the gauges dude. Alpina-esque.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark12321 View Post
The blue gauge looks sick. Do you want to add some new blue parts in the interieur? little details makes the difference in my opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddkyosho View Post
Looking good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardate View Post
The forged carbon fiber looks amazing!
It also matches your shorts
Thank you for all the compliments everyone! And yes, I want to add some blue bits here and there, but subtle blue accents, such as blue stitching on the steering wheel. I also think it would be sweet to have blue seatbelts as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigge View Post
Where does people get these custom gauge faces? Would love to get white ones for mine
https://venoxy.com/en/ is where I got mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3FortyI View Post
Nice! How did you upgrade to ID6? I thought you couldn't given 2016 year.. I have the MMI carplay but would love to learn more about this
If you have NBT evo it can be coded. I got it coded through a guy on ebay, he coded my carplay as well
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2021, 02:59 PM   #39
dilbertmm
New Member
2
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: bmw 328
Join Date: Aug 2021
Location: brazil

iTrader: (0)

Pretty car! Congrats
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:15 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST