F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F34 3-Series GT (Gran Turismo) Forum > My bulletproof 320i GT - Ask me anything
GetBMWParts

05-21-2020, 08:54 AM   #111
Artifacts in Motion
Unnecessary Complexities
United_States
Rep
Drives: LeMans E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by realmente View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Brazil have highest bullet proof car ratio in the world!!

never gonna visit Brazil than
Brazil is very big
São Paulo to the rest of brazil is like singapure to malasia
if u came to visit , go to area in São Paulo like Villa olimpia , berrini , morumbi
it is like a first world country

we have bulletproof car so we can go safely “kinda" to other areas of brazil.
I visited RDJ and SP for work last year (software training with healthcare clients). You don't get a perspective of it until you're there. Even parts of Morumbi, despite bordering areas of extreme wealth, have pockets of poverty and highway favelas. It's all very symbiotic, but there's nothing stopping someone on a motorbike from pulling up on you at any moment with a pistol and demanding anything you have. Driving a luxury car does make you a target, and having visible theft deterrents AND actual protection is a major value add to owning a luxury car.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 08:55 AM   #112
realmente
Rep
Drives: BMW GT 320i f34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post
Gee why do u think he is putting this on his car? he clearly stated he is living in Brazil's biggest city, havent you been on the internet in the past 10 yrs? The robbery rate is so high any one driving around in a bmw prob has a huge bullseye painted on their back
YES
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 09:02 AM   #113
The J-Man
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by 535i MSport View Post
You have pretty much rolled the rest of the world together there! Europe (so good you listed twice), South America and Asia are all massively different. Even countries in Europe are very different from one another.

Bulletproof cars are normal. Where exactly?

One measure to consider is the intentional homicide rate per 100,000.

This ranges from zero to 52, with El Salvador being the worst.

San Marino 0.00
Australia 0.89
Greece 0.94
Germany 0.95
UK 1.20
France 1.20
Canada 1.76
Iran 2.47
USA 4.96
Argentina 5.32
Puerto Rico 21.09

Still feel safe?

I live just quarter of a mile from the site where a B17 crashed when taking off in 1945 and all of the crew perished. I would urge Americans who have the means, to come and visit the parts of the world that those guys and many others like them, gave their lives fighting for.
If you remove the inner city gang violence from the numbers, I wonder where the US stands? Surely much lower. I have felt more unsafe traveling France and Germany at times than I ever have in the US. It’s all about perspective and where you come from.
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2020, 09:31 AM   #114
535i MSport
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63S T

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 535i MSport View Post
If you remove the inner city gang violence from the numbers, I wonder where the US stands? Surely much lower. I have felt more unsafe traveling France and Germany at times than I ever have in the US. It's all about perspective and where you come from.
And that's just the higher average speeds on the Autoroute/Autobahn😁

2017 C63S T 510PS
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 10:28 AM   #115
New2Roundel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
I have felt more unsafe traveling France and Germany at times than I ever have in the US. It’s all about perspective and where you come from.
Where do you live or where were you going where you felt unsafe in either of those countries? I've been to Germany several times and never felt unsafe--admittedly, I'm usually in larger cities. I didn't spend a ton of time in Paris, but I never felt unsafe in the time I had to wander the city. To me, traveling to Europe really isn't that much different than the US. Certainly, there are some cultural differences, but I think when it comes to day-to-day life, we're more similar than different.

I spent a week in an orphanage in St Petersburg Russia in '97. That was about as sketchy a place as I've ever been. But even then, I didn't feel like my life was in jeopardy, but I suppose I was just a stupid college kid back then. I haven't been anywhere in Asia, Africa, or South America. But I am aware of some of things that go on in other areas. You don't need to actually leave somewhere to pay attention to some of this things going on in the rest of the world. As an example, I'm watching a Frontline episode about what COVID-19 has been like in Italy. I don't need to go there to get this information (of course, I'd never say no to a trip to Italy--never been), you just need a desire to learn a little something about other places outside of your home. And even threads like this are really informational. It's a wonderful thing to hear from people from different places, who have different challenges they have to deal with on a daily basis. My biggest issue at the moment is how big my hair is getting---so I'm super lucky. For now.
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2020, 10:49 AM   #116
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep
Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

OP, you cam save yourself the time and $$ before modifying your car and do like this guy,

Upside is you save alot on gas!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 10:52 AM   #117
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Roundel View Post
Where do you live or where were you going where you felt unsafe in either of those countries? I've been to Germany several times and never felt unsafe--admittedly, I'm usually in larger cities.
Downtown Munich near the Hauptbahnhof was kind of sketchy when I was there. There were a fair amount of characters scanning for potential targets. That said, I'm not saying it was any worse than some urban areas in the US. I didn't have the same issues when I was in some of the other major German cities.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 11:41 AM   #118
535i MSport
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Roundel View Post
Where do you live or where were you going where you felt unsafe in either of those countries? I've been to Germany several times and never felt unsafe--admittedly, I'm usually in larger cities.
Downtown Munich near the Hauptbahnhof was kind of sketchy when I was there. There were a fair amount of characters scanning for potential targets. That said, I'm not saying it was any worse than some urban areas in the US. I didn't have the same issues when I was in some of the other major German cities.
And if you are shopping in Oxford Street, you know that some of the Romanian pick pockets will try and take you for a ride. Just the same in Rome and any other major city.

Just put your valuables in a tight fitting front pocket and be alert.

2017 C63S T 510PS
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 01:43 PM   #119
New2Roundel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Interesting--I was in that area in 2008. Never had any issues with that in Munich. Though at the same time period, I was on a PACKED train to Oktoberfest in Stuttgart and my buddy who had more familiarity with the country than me, suggested we keep our mouths shut on the train. He seemed to think that if we were identified as American's among the drunk locals on the train that it could be a problem. I did as I was told (mostly), so perhaps that's why I didn't feel unsafe. I walked all around Berlin two years ago and never felt unsafe either. I walked around like I lived there, despite not speaking German. I definitely found myself in areas of town that weren't all that nice (forgot the name, but I'm thinking about the Stasi prison museum I visited, which was a long walk to/from where I was staying near the US Embassy).

And don't get me started on Bavarian strip clubs---I spent a lot of money in that portion of the country, LOL.
Appreciate 2
paliknight2191.50
      05-21-2020, 02:08 PM   #120
CHR_M340xi
Germany
Rep
Drives: G20 340xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Lol I don't get it...are you a drug dealer?
LOL
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 02:44 PM   #121
Ragged Edge
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '16F80,TR6,Defender,PA23-250T

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CachacoF80 View Post
Indeed.
Why go to Paris or Egypt if we can just go to Vegas?!"
I went to Vegas over Christmas, after a 20 year absence. It used to be a good place to go for an inexpensive vacation. Not anymore. Now it's more expensive than New York City. For the best vacation at a reasonable cost, and as safe as it gets, go to Montreal or Quebec City. After the pandemic, that is.
Quote:
I read somewhere that a lot of Americans don't even have a passport. Is that true?
Most don't. Remember, the US is as large as all of Europe, and it's almost as diverse.
The US is almost as diverse... ?!
Ahhhh ... no.
I am willing to bet you haven't driven through Europe, 'cause you wouldn't have said something so blatantly wrong.
I am not saying the US is not interesting, because it certainly is, and well worth visiting. But on so many levels, Europe is far more diverse.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 03:25 PM   #122
535i MSport
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragged Edge View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Indeed.
I went to Vegas over Christmas, after a 20 year absence. It used to be a good place to go for an inexpensive vacation. Not anymore. Now it's more expensive than New York City. For the best vacation at a reasonable cost, and as safe as it gets, go to Montreal or Quebec City. After the pandemic, that is.
Quote:
I read somewhere that a lot of Americans don't even have a passport. Is that true?
Most don't. Remember, the US is as large as all of Europe, and it's almost as diverse.
Ahhhh ... no.
I am willing to bet you haven't driven through Europe, 'cause you wouldn't have said something so blatantly wrong.
I am not saying the US is not interesting, because it certainly is, and well worth visiting. But on so many levels, Europe is far more diverse.
E.g. Walking the GP circuit at Monaco 🇲🇨

Or visiting Venice

I love visiting America, but there are lots of other wonderful places to visit.
Attached Images

2017 C63S T 510PS
Appreciate 1
      05-21-2020, 05:30 PM   #123
mrmoua2u
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 MW F80 ZCP

If they wiling shoot you while you are in the car, no bullet proof will stop when they fire a RPG at you anyways lol jk.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 06:26 PM   #124
530iDriver
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by steker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WCThumper View Post
Those of us living in the US and Canada definitely have it good. When you travel to Europe, South America, Europe, and Asia, it opens your eyes to how people live and the income disparity. Violent crime and kidnapping over there is real if you are wealthy. Bulletproof cars and security guards are normal. I visit the Phillipines every few years and I love it there but you need to be aware. You walk through metal detectors with armed guards upon entering a mall and there are no garbage cans in the mall (bomb threat). Home subdivisions have gates with armed guards. Cars get stopped for a bomb search before arriving at hotel doors. It's all normal stuff once you live there long enough. I love traveling the world but always feels good to come home to Cali. It makes me feel lucky for what I have and the freedom of movement.
LOL, are you serious? Did you not see the homicide rate image earlier this thread? Europe and Asia are much much safer places than the US. I feel a lot more unsafe when I'm in the US than in 90% of the countries in Europe
Why is Greenland so... red?

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 1
IB M2771.50
      05-22-2020, 02:52 AM   #125
davidr3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

Fuck m sport package, need that bulletproof package
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 06:26 AM   #126
freakystyly
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F22 B58 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Why is Greenland so... red?
Murderous polar bears.

Likely because of the small population, one murder would boost it up real high.
Appreciate 2
Poochie9103.00
530iDriver1707.50
      05-22-2020, 06:33 AM   #127
realmente
Rep
Drives: BMW GT 320i f34

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmoua2u View Post
If they wiling shoot you while you are in the car, no bullet proof will stop when they fire a RPG at you anyways lol jk.
And why they would shoot me with an RPG? they want to rob me not kill me lol.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9103.00
      05-22-2020, 08:30 AM   #128
FreudeamFahren18
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80, 2022 G80m

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Lol I don't get it...are you a drug dealer?
Such an ignorant comment. I truly feel sorry for people like you. It's a big contributing factor for why the US is on a downhill trend.
This thread shows you just how ignorant some Americans are.
The "drug dealer" and "why the f"$ do you still live there" comments are awful, stupid and frankly very elitist.
Not everybody in the world lives in a quiet, picket fenced, tree lined, well manicured enclaves.
That doesn't mean they are poor or cant afford nice things.
They are not drug dealers just coz they choose to put their safety first .

Hint. There are dangerous places out there. People cant just move to a safer country
This is their home. Good or bad.
Appreciate 2
Poochie9103.00
      05-22-2020, 09:23 AM   #129
chrisny
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

I've been to Brazil for work, not tourism, and can tell you, while my wife was worried about the bugs, my colleague doing the driving was far more worried about stopping at stop lights and told me exactly which roads to "NEVER" go down.. "turn here, safe, do not go straight!" And this wasn't event in São Paulo.

Nice work on the car, OP. Good luck and be safe.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 09:48 PM   #130
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragged Edge View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Indeed.
Quote:
Ahhhh ... no.
You can't compare one country to an entire continent. Europe has 44 countries, and each of those countries most likely has multiple cultures. You are also connected (by land) to Africa.

We have diversity in the US, but it can't be as diverse as an entire continent, IMO.

Diversity isn't about the size of the country, it's about the number of cultures.
      05-23-2020, 03:57 PM   #131
GabeS
Crazy!
Rep
Drives: E93 M3/Mk4 Supra/X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by realmente View Post

i thought it was to weak so i spend 500USD to do a stage 1 remap + KN boosting 184cv to 270cv

After remap with armour = 6,9 sec

*clicks * , NOICE !
Muito Foda
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 04:53 PM   #132
freakystyly
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F22 B58 6MT

Got to ask, what do they do to reinforce those cheap window regulators?

Also how is the body armored? The body panels are super thin from factory and would barely stop a BB.
Appreciate 0