F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Coding MSport Brakes
Studio RSR

08-13-2020, 09:34 AM   #1
BeFantastic
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i Sportline 6MT

Coding MSport Brakes

Does anybody know how to code for MSport brakes in the rockville, MD area? Will compensate efforts with beer or money if that is preferred.

I'm about to swap my base brake setup for the 4pot front and 2pot rear MSport brembos and I feel like it's safer to code the car (abs/dsc settings, potentially proportioning?...).

Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 02:48 PM   #2
TK335iMSPT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335ixdrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeFantastic View Post
Does anybody know how to code for MSport brakes in the rockville, MD area? Will compensate efforts with beer or money if that is preferred.

I'm about to swap my base brake setup for the 4pot front and 2pot rear MSport brembos and I feel like it's safer to code the car (abs/dsc settings, potentially proportioning?...).

Thank you in advance!
Message steve@codemybimmer He remotely coded my car in 45 minutes while I sat in the driveway. The Mperformance coding definitely made difference in pedal feel.
Appreciate 2
      08-13-2020, 11:18 PM   #3
BeFantastic
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 428i Sportline 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK335iMSPT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeFantastic View Post

Thank you in advance!
Message steve@codemybimmer He remotely coded my car in 45 minutes while I sat in the driveway. The Mperformance coding definitely made difference in pedal feel.
Awesome - thanks for the suggestion! I'll reach out
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 11:55 PM   #4
learntocode
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

^Hey, just for clarification, M Sport brakes need to be coded too? I thought, it just M Performance brakes that need to be coded.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2020, 12:18 AM   #5
TK335iMSPT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335ixdrive M Sport

*Post edited from original to clarify info better*

The only coding upgrade as far as I've read would be the Mperformance brake option (SPBR). This would be done when upgrading any of the calipers from Bosch to Brembos. I recently upgraded the rear calipers on my 335i from single piston Bosch to double piston Brembos. I also added stainless steel brake lines. Prior to coding, the brakes actually felt worse than the original set up. I thought there was air in the line, so I re bled them but had the same results. After coding, the pedal is much firmer and the car brakes more linear. Definitely less of a nose dive at higher speeds. I have not noticed a difference in the traction control system and have not had to activate ABS yet, so I cannot speak to that. The coding definitely increases line pressure and possibly the pressure bias as well. I'm sure it affects ABS and traction control too.

This may be different on each model i.e. 328/330 to 335/340. It appears the 328/330 use a 340mm front rotor on the Msport kit where as the 335i/340i use a 370mm rotor on the Msport kit (same size as Mperformance).

https://www.bimmerworld.com/About-Us...-Sport-Brakes/
Appreciate 2
      09-11-2020, 11:24 AM   #6
B50AteYourRide
a bit obsessed
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 340i x Drive

A local option I know of is RVGParts. Ask for Valentin.

I found him when I looked for dealers on the xHP website. He is in Gaithersburg and does coding as well as the xHP trans flashes. I had a very positive experience and found him to be responsive, and ready to go at the time of the appointment. He is coding me for the M Performance brakes tomorrow.

I’m strongly considering codemybimmer to add Sirius radio, and it does look like a great idea, but if you are looking for a local guy and are more intimidated by ENET cables than wrenches (like me), I would talk to Valentin. I don’t really care too much about coding aside from the brakes.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 01:00 PM   #7
bmwestoril
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 Estoril

If you are still in need of parts I am selling my M performance rotors and pads I bought and never put on before trading in my car. Brand new from Bimmerworld.
Appreciate 0