F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > I Need A Whole Lot of Coding
Extreme Powerhouse

02-14-2021, 02:30 PM   #1
sheakimbrough
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i

I Need A Whole Lot of Coding

If this is the wrong spot to ask, I apologize.

In November I picked up a '14 F32. It was one of the only few I saw for sale in the Nashville area over 10 months, and I got a ridiculous deal on it. It was in the color I wanted (MGM) with the interior I wanted (Coral red) and had the M-Sport and Top Hifi packages. Everything else was lacking.

Like I said, I got a stupid good deal on it, so I figured that, since I'd be doing a lot of mechanical (FBO) and cosmetic mods to it, I might as well do all the electrical mods that I wanted.

I plan on taking a couple days off in mid March and doing everything at the same time to keep from having to take off bumper, panels, etc. multiple times.

What I'll be adding electrically

Front PDC
Rear PDC
Surround View (I've found OEM kit, but I've also read about an Aliexpress kit that gives you a true TopView with the front camera.
ID6
Navigation
10.25 Screen upgrade
6WB

I've sourced most of this and I'm just waiting for some warmer weather.

I've looked into coding and doing E-Sys, but since there is so much to do at once, I'd rather just pay someone to do everything so I know that it'll be done correctly and that I didn't screw something up with he 5,000 different steps.

I'm looking for recommendations for people who could do a lengthy remote coding session.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 04:11 PM   #2
IAmATeaf
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2015 F30 335i

Garage List
2015 BMW 335i  [0.00]
How can just a front cam give you a proper top down view, surely you’d also need the side cams to fill in those areas?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2021, 05:03 PM   #3
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

The projects you are planning involve quite a few electronic components, many of which have specific wiring requirements - in addition to proper coding.

This can get complicated - and fast.

Some components require FSC codes (Freischaltcodes) or Digital Certificates signed by BMW AG.

The first suggestion would be to obtain and examine all relevant wiring diagrams.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 04:58 PM   #4
Jonwho2
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 F83 M4

Got a link the that Ali express surround view kit?
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 09:48 PM   #5
sheakimbrough
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i

What I meant about the front camera is that this kit gives you a front camera also, so you get a full 360 degree view, opposed to the 270 or whatever is stock for "surround view" with just the side and rear camera.

I've bought a fancy lip, and I'm sure it'll get dinged on a curb without a camera.

I haven't bought it yet. There's been a few people here in the forums who have installed it.
According to one user, there's a more expensive option that allows it to be LDVS cable instead of RCA, so it can be used straight into iDrive without a MMI box.

Here's a link to one of the threads
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1617043

And here is a link to the Aliexpress store.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/1797335
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 07:43 PM   #6
psyki
E36fiend
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i xDrive

Garage List
2014 435i xDrive  [0.00]
2014 X5  [0.00]
Some of those features are easier to install than others, PDC and surround view are relatively straight forward wiring jobs and 6WB is practically plug and play (with coding of course) but I think you'll be hard pressed to find a shop to do any OEM retrofits, let alone all of those. Get yourself set up with a laptop and e-sys, do the basic coding that everyone does to get a feel for how it works.

I have pretty much the same car you do although mine came with PDC and surround view, and retrofitting NBT Evo (ID6) with 100% functionality was not cheap or easy. My F15 has the full surround view with front camera and it's nice, but honestly I'd rather have the 270 degree view than have some weird chinese controls floating around my interior and hooked up who knows how to my car. I prefer it all to be integrated.
Appreciate 0