F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > conversion to m sport
Extreme Powerhouse

02-28-2021, 12:15 PM   #1
djacinto
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F32 428i Xdrive

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i xdrive  [0.00]
2013 128i  [0.00]
conversion to m sport

hello all,

I FINALLY pulled the trigger on an msport steering wheel as I got a good deal on it and it should get here in the next week or so.

I know it was stupid to get a base trim and try to retrofit everything later, but I HAD to have the imperial blue, I absolutely love the color and don't regret it over a white m sport when I was purchasing the car.

Now I had always anticipated doing this but I had a hard time finding a full kit to do so, and with the fact that I have a non m sport color, I can't really find used parts.

So, for those of us with f32's and a non m-sport color that has done this conversion, what parts did use use? did you just go ebay, or find some used parts and paint over that?

I plan on getting it color matched anyways but I found this on ebay and wanted to know what others thought

Thanks in advance yall
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 02:45 PM   #2
elborczi
Private
Poland
Rep
Drives: F30 2018 320i

Hi there,

I've recently bought F30 without M package because I found a great offer of the car(low mileage, 1owner, car on warranty etc) and Im planning to add m stuff same as you
I've been looking for rear and front bumpers however in country where I live there are not much bumpers in good condition so I've read through about those not OEM bumpers and they seem very reliable. I am going to buy similar package as you - you can always try to fit them before painting and if it wont fit perfectly I believe you can get a refund or at least get another bumper that will fit So Like I said i've read a lot about them and asked people from polish Bimmer forum and most of them said that they work just fine
Good luck
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 03:53 PM   #3
djacinto
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elborczi View Post
Hi there,

I've recently bought F30 without M package because I found a great offer of the car(low mileage, 1owner, car on warranty etc) and Im planning to add m stuff same as you
I've been looking for rear and front bumpers however in country where I live there are not much bumpers in good condition so I've read through about those not OEM bumpers and they seem very reliable. I am going to buy similar package as you - you can always try to fit them before painting and if it wont fit perfectly I believe you can get a refund or at least get another bumper that will fit So Like I said i've read a lot about them and asked people from polish Bimmer forum and most of them said that they work just fine
Good luck
Thanks for the advice mate I appreciate it! I hope you have good luck as well!

that's what it seems like it comes down to... luck trying to find a reputable seller with quality parts. I believe the link I posted will do me well as the seller has been around with strong reviews. I've sent out a request for a quote around town to see what some paint shops are offering!
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 04:11 PM   #4
elborczi
Private
Poland
Rep
Drives: F30 2018 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacinto View Post
Thanks for the advice mate I appreciate it! I hope you have good luck as well!

that's what it seems like it comes down to... luck trying to find a reputable seller with quality parts. I believe the link I posted will do me well as the seller has been around with strong reviews. I've sent out a request for a quote around town to see what some paint shops are offering!
And one more thing - not sure how it works in your 4 series but in 3series you need some additional parts that needs to be installed before putting M sport rear bumper - if you buy conversion kit like one from the link u get those parts - if you buy used oem bumpers you need to buy those parts from somebody else(I dont know what is it called but bumper kinda hangs on this)
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 07:01 PM   #5
chrism9852
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 M20 Turbo/14 F30 328

I lucked out and found a rear bumper and side skirts from a red Msport 328 that tried to take down a utility pole head on, so no front.

I did buy one of the front Msport aftermarket bumpers on ebay with all the bits and pieces like you have pictured, and it fit just fine.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2021, 07:49 PM   #6
djacinto
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrism9852 View Post
I lucked out and found a rear bumper and side skirts from a red Msport 328 that tried to take down a utility pole head on, so no front.

I did buy one of the front Msport aftermarket bumpers on ebay with all the bits and pieces like you have pictured, and it fit just fine.
Good to know. I appreciate it!!
Follow the build
EuroFever
Appreciate 0