F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 2017 BMW 330xi B46 Engine
GetBMWParts

04-05-2018, 02:16 AM   #1
AKFrostbyte
Rep
Drives: 2017 330ix B46

2017 BMW 330xi B46 Engine

This is a straight 4 Twin Scroll turbo that puts out approximately 250hp. Oh and it a 2.0L. I have searched very hard for intakes, CAI, exhaust systems, and tunes. Bootmod3 looks promising as they seem to be very very particular about getting it right. They just don’t have a tune for my car yet. Am I not seeing parts and tunes because my car is new, or is it that BMW has already squeezed the most that they can out of the engine? I don’t consider myself a Bimmer person yet as this is my first BMW. I am a fanatical reader on BMW’s though.

Nice to join a group dedicated to helping one another out.

AKFrostbyte
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2018, 09:15 AM   #2
anotheran
Sedan Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: A nice car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKFrostbyte View Post
This is a straight 4 Twin Scroll turbo that puts out approximately 250hp. Oh and it a 2.0L. I have searched very hard for intakes, CAI, exhaust systems, and tunes. Bootmod3 looks promising as they seem to be very very particular about getting it right. They just don’t have a tune for my car yet. Am I not seeing parts and tunes because my car is new, or is it that BMW has already squeezed the most that they can out of the engine? I don’t consider myself a Bimmer person yet as this is my first BMW. I am a fanatical reader on BMW’s though.

Nice to join a group dedicated to helping one another out.

AKFrostbyte
There's the JB4 piggyback, Armytrix downpipe, Dinan exhaust... so what are you looking for? No intercooler as it's water cooled now.

The B46/B48 is relatively new and most enthusiasts buying recent F30 have gone for the B58 as it's significantly more powerful than the B46/B48.

ZCP | ZHP | ZTR | ZE0 | MSport | ZMP | DHP | MStickerPack | THP | MPPSK | MPPK
BMW MSP Lightweight Jacket | DTM Motorsport Team Cap| BMW M Drift Cat 5 | BMW M Thermo Mug
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2018, 02:00 AM   #3
AKFrostbyte
Rep
Drives: 2017 330ix B46

Oh how I wish that I had gotten a 335ix. I’m in Alaska and you pretty much have to wait for a good used car to come along. There were other older BMW’s on the lot but they were not take care of by previous owners. This fell into my lap with about 5000 miles on it. It wasn’t everything I wanted but it was clean and had a full warranty. I’d really like to go left and right dual exhaust instead of dual tips on the left. That brings its own headaches though. I’ve already switched out the Hi-Fi speakers for the BAV sound replacements. Went from cardboard cones to woven fiberglass. Huge difference without upgrading the amp, which I will do later.
Appreciate 2
eluded3038.00