F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Its official....i hate the new camaros
proTUNING Freaks
Closed Thread

08-10-2009, 01:05 AM   #23
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iheLLraiseR View Post
GM is garbage. 100 fucking years of making cars and this is the best they can come up with? seriously? ill take an e92 with a blown fuel pump any day.
Stop drinking the kool aid.... I think the sugar is effecting your IQ......

Let's see the Camaro SS is faster then the 335i straight line and around the 'Ring. It will especially beat the 335i if the HPFP blew........ And at least GM is fixing the glitches the Camaro is having. Where all we get from BMW is an extended warranty with the same bad ol' fuel pump. I'll take a fixed and revised part over a warranty that still has the bad part in my car.......
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 09:18 AM   #24
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thkfast View Post
stickypaws is spot on & don't forget how the General uses components/assemblies engineered to hang in there 3 years or 36K miles and not one more. Then those pesky gremlins start having fun. I know BMW isn't perfect, but GM has this down to an ART!
ERRRRRRRRRRRR.......never owned a GM before have you.

All my parents Chevy's have gone well over 100K miles before they were sold. Their 98 tahoe has well over 200K miles on it....ORIGINAL TRANSMISSION! And that's just my parents and my experience...then I have my other family members and friends who all have similar GREAT experience.

Sold my truck with near 80K and no issues.

I love all the so called "problems" people talk about GM cars having. Especially when it comes from people who have owned one or no owner "experience".

And hating on a car because of halo is just weak. Don't get pissed because they look better.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 10:58 AM   #25
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Cool

Nope, nothing has changed here. Still full of fanboys, and ricers. Back to 6SpeedOnline.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 11:19 AM   #26
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

The problem with American car companies is that they show you this great looking concept car or the highest end version of the line, and then what you see on the street is the watered down, 6 cylinder base model with 16 inch wheels and snow tires. The interiors only have "Design cues" from the sexy concept interiors and they remind me of cheap plastic toys you get in a happy meal.

I sold my 1996 Mystic Cobra specifically because I couldn't get the interior to stop creaking. Drove me nuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 11:30 AM   #27
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by immiketoo View Post
The problem with American car companies is that they show you this great looking concept car or the highest end version of the line, and then what you see on the street is the watered down, 6 cylinder base model with 16 inch wheels and snow tires. The interiors only have "Design cues" from the sexy concept interiors and they remind me of cheap plastic toys you get in a happy meal.

I sold my 1996 Mystic Cobra specifically because I couldn't get the interior to stop creaking. Drove me nuts!

The interior stuck to the concept. It doesn't have the flash as the concept, but the overall shape and design is there.

And the exterior is pretty much the same as the concept as well.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #28
Spec 1
Faster in the Corners
United_States
Rep
Drives: '91 E30, '05 ZX6-R, '06 300C

Boohoo to the BMW fanboys. The Camaro has great road presence, especially the Red SS's I've seen around (sexy!). The Halo rings being a 'BMW only' thing... they started it, but in the design industry of course others will follow.

OP - And let me get this straight, you've been stoked the entire time for this car, and now that it comes out with Halo eyes (which the concept had as well) you "hate" it? Lol.
      08-10-2009, 12:52 PM   #29
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Wow.

It's a good car. It must be if you have to resort to attacking the LED halos.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 01:41 PM   #30
shahsk30
Banned
Rep
Drives: slow BMW

this entire thread is a facepalm moment...

fanboy trolls.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 01:47 PM   #31
jeremyc74
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Montego/Terra

Quote:
Originally Posted by thkfast View Post
stickypaws is spot on & don't forget how the General uses components/assemblies engineered to hang in there 3 years or 36K miles and not one more. Then those pesky gremlins start having fun. I know BMW isn't perfect, but GM has this down to an ART!

Except that GM warranties their cars for 100k mile, twice as long as BMW.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #32
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

man you guys are crazy this car grabs my attention every time i see one on the road, just because it doesn't have a bmw badge doesn't mean its garbage
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 02:29 PM   #33
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Saw the new camaro only once in Toronto. It was parked in dt and boy did it look big and ugly. I personally don't like the look of it at all, interior and exterior. The only muscle car between the mustang, camaro or challenger that looks good is the mustang. The other 2 just don't cut it.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 02:39 PM   #34
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
It basically does what it was intended for - appeal to the average, middle america teenage boy. GM will probably sell quite a few. From the outside they look interesting, but the inside is much more downscale in terms of materials and finish. What really will surprise you if you sit in one is how small they seem on the inside. Part of that is the very high beltline which makes it feel like you're sitting in bunker looking through little slits. It's a car with an attitude, but not a driver's car.
As for the Challenger, it's amazingly huge. It's a real throw back to the 70s. Unfortunately, so is its performance.
      08-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #35
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garduna View Post
Saw the new camaro only once in Toronto. It was parked in dt and boy did it look big and ugly. I personally don't like the look of it at all, interior and exterior. The only muscle car between the mustang, camaro or challenger that looks good is the mustang. The other 2 just don't cut it.
the mayor of Oshawa bought one =D ..but honestly it's a great looking car...never driven one, but definitely one of the few american cars I would not mind having
      08-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #36
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptack View Post
It basically does what it was intended for - appeal to the average, middle america teenage boy. GM will probably sell quite a few. From the outside they look interesting, but the inside is much more downscale in terms of materials and finish. What really will surprise you if you sit in one is how small they seem on the inside. Part of that is the very high beltline which makes it feel like you're sitting in bunker looking through little slits. It's a car with an attitude, but not a driver's car.
As for the Challenger, it's amazingly huge. It's a real throw back to the 70s. Unfortunately, so is its performance.
i think it was aimed towards more of those who wanted to go back to there teenage years. It's a muscle car not a fancy super car it's not suppose to look all shinny and stuff inside, its suppose to be raw and low scale. I don't think some you guys understand that, and from what i heard its pretty fast
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 03:31 PM   #37
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

The car needs a diet and a better interior design (it looks boyish or toy like)
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 03:45 PM   #38
coh4777
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i Coupe

The Camaro does not look that bad and it def grabs your attention, although if I were ever gonna get an American muscle car, the mustang is way better IMO. Classic styling that never gets old. The Shelby GT version is especially sweet!

Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 04:06 PM   #39
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Silly Thread.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 04:09 PM   #40
Los Angeles
Steve Forte Rio
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08' 328i

LED halo lights?

Its official: I hate the new Comaro.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #41
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
The Chevrolet Camaro still wanders like a lost Taliban in the Tora Bora; angry and full of vigor, but without any focused direction. No longer a Panhard-infused, knuckle-dragging back road barnstormer, the new Camaro has enough inertia-infused body roll to feel like an overstuffed gymnast in quick corners. The multi-branded Camaro/Brembo calipers have a Bumblebee-like identity crisis, but they stop like a Decepticon in Optimus Prime’s wake, sans nose-dive.
No Longer?

When was it ever "a Panhard-infused, knuckle-dragging back road barnstormer"?

The Camaro is American, made and designed for Blue Collar workers. How many times does an average American find himself on a "SCCA" course thingy?

Nobody buys it because they need a bigger MX-5, the guy who wrote that sounds like he went looking for one.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread