F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Tiers before bedtime
Studio RSR

11-26-2020, 09:16 AM   #23
330XDave
Major
Rep
Drives: 330d xDrive Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
The numbers in most of London are generally not that high and certainly much lower than the east midlands major conurbations have been in recent weeks. As Goneinsixtyseconds says, cant have difference tier for every street, parish, area so whilst you are normally very fortunate to live in the greatest county of Derbyshire, for once you are being punished for being so fortunate....
Still a load of bollocks. I think everyone local to me has been very patient over the last 4 weeks, but that patience is wearing extremely thin and I can't see compliance to these new restrictions being good at all over the Christmas period.
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2020, 09:37 AM   #24
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330XDave View Post
Still a load of bollocks. I think everyone local to me has been very patient over the last 4 weeks, but that patience is wearing extremely thin and I can't see compliance to these new restrictions being good at all over the Christmas period.
That is a reasoned argument .

I think everyone who has stuck to the rules has been very patient all across the country - but probably more so in places such as Manchester that have been under Tier 3 or LD pretty much all year. You are in tier 3 now but have a chance to escape if numbers go down, if numbers in SE are still rising then London's turn will come.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 09:58 AM   #25
Sennen
Colonel
Rep
Drives: UP, Alpine & Caterham

Quote:
Yes

Assuming you arent having a harem stay over with you, or indeed people from other households... when I get confused on the rules...
Thank you, it would just be mum and I
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 10:10 AM   #26
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sennen View Post
Thank you, it would just be mum and I
Assume she isnt in a tier 3?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 10:10 AM   #27
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Yes

Assuming you arent having a harem stay over with you, or indeed people from other households... when I get confused on the rules...
The rules change again at Christmas. Can have 3 families inside in all tiers.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 10:19 AM   #28
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
The rules change again at Christmas. Can have 3 families inside in all tiers.
True - as long as its between 23rd and 27th. I took going down to Cornwall next week as meaning they would be together beyond that specified period.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 10:30 AM   #29
Sennen
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Assume she isnt in a tier 3?
No such luck, she has lived with me for the past 2 years
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 10:34 AM   #30
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sennen View Post
No such luck, she has lived with me for the past 2 years
In that case you can go where you want and stay as long as you want.

There ought to be some kind of process mapping to follow all these complicated permutations. It will suit a lot though, if you can’t understand them, you can’t follow them.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 10:35 AM   #31
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M440i Convertible

I'm well unhappy with it. Stratford-on-Avon district has one of the lowest infection rates in the country, but they've done it on a county basis and lumped us in with places like Coventry and Nuneaton.

So we were Tier 1 before and Tier 3 now, even though our infection rate is actually lower than it was a month ago.

Fucking stupid.
Appreciate 1
Ennoch2257.00
      11-26-2020, 10:45 AM   #32
Sennen
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedsRedBaby View Post
I'm well unhappy with it. Stratford-on-Avon district has one of the lowest infection rates in the country, but they've done it on a county basis and lumped us in with places like Coventry and Nuneaton.

So we were Tier 1 before and Tier 3 now, even though our infection rate is actually lower than it was a month ago.

Fucking stupid.
Same here, our area is the lowest in SE apart from IOW.

I guess we will just have to suck it up.

I am off to Cornwall for Xmas, at least it will be a change of scenery if little else.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 10:46 AM   #33
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Still, at least you live in the countryside and can do loads of things. Could be worse, you could be in a flat in London with fuck all to do.

Will be a distant memory soon enough.
Appreciate 2
isleaiw18754.50
      11-26-2020, 10:50 AM   #34
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Still, at least you live in the countryside and can do loads of things. Could be worse, you could be in a flat in London with fuck all to do.

That's true. I allowed my positivity to slip briefly.

All sorted
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 11:08 AM   #35
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:

Fucking stupid.
If they had left you in tier 1 all the numbskulls in Coventry and Nuneaton would have come out to use your pubs... surely this is a better way
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2020, 11:16 AM   #36
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Wales.
Defcon 0
      11-26-2020, 11:34 AM   #37
Harryg
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4series Grand Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbles View Post
Who'd have thought that when the government promised they would level-up the north they just meant put it all in Tier 3.
When the government said they were going to level up the North what they meant was they were going to Bulldoze it which they have
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 12:05 PM   #38
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

Quote:

Fucking stupid.
It's bollocks.

I live in Huntingdonshire where the infection rate is 70 per 100,000 and that includes towns such as Huntingdon and St Neots. Where I live, very rural area it's going to be even lower.

However we are lumped into Cambridgeshire and Peterborough (shit hole!) where the rate is 210 per 100,000.

So we are Tier 2 because of Peterborough and Cambridge with its large student population.
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2020, 12:11 PM   #39
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harryg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibbles View Post
Who'd have thought that when the government promised they would level-up the north they just meant put it all in Tier 3.
When the government said they were going to level up the North what they meant was they were going to Bulldoze it which they have
If the bulldozers can go via Luton and Peterborough that would be good.
Appreciate 1
Harryg276.00
      11-26-2020, 12:41 PM   #40
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post
It's bollocks.

I live in Huntingdonshire where the infection rate is 70 per 100,000 and that includes towns such as Huntingdon and St Neots. Where I live, very rural area it's going to be even lower.

However we are lumped into Cambridgeshire and Peterborough (shit hole!) where the rate is 210 per 100,000.

So we are Tier 2 because of Peterborough and Cambridge with its large student population.
Everyone has something that they could point out is wrong with it.... its life, all about compromises. At least you are tier 2. Not really that much you cant do in tier 2 really, except go to pub / have dinner with friends...

Imagine if you were in one of the nice villages just outside Manchester, that think they are in Cheshire but arent quite, who have been is some heavier restrictions for most of the year since March....
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 12:45 PM   #41
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It's bollocks.

Everyone has something that they could point out is wrong with it.... its life, all about compromises. At least you are tier 2. Not really that much you cant do in tier 2 really, except go to pub / have dinner with friends...

Imagine if you were in one of the nice villages just outside Manchester, that think they are in Cheshire but arent quite, who have been is some heavier restrictions for most of the year since March....
You are right and at least the gyms are reopening.

It's frustrating when having just watched the local news, our infection rate is now 67 and we are in the same tier as Luton with an infection rate over 300!

But I'm grateful for what we've got.
Appreciate 2
isleaiw18754.50
Ennoch2257.00
      11-26-2020, 12:53 PM   #42
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
You are right and at least the gyms are reopening.

It's frustrating when having just watched the local news, our infection rate is now 67 and we are in the same tier as Luton with an infection rate over 300!

But I'm grateful for what we've got.
As a Northerner / Midlander down south I get to watch the debate from both sides and of course rates are rising still in some places in the SE and broadly going down across most places in the north / north midlands... so of course they are moaning that their rates are going down and they are in tier 3 and south (London esp) are going up but are in 2.

We all know London has been fudged to be 2 as no way every borough qualified but too many jobs and businesses that need xmas....
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 02:01 PM   #43
330XDave
Major
Rep
Drives: 330d xDrive Touring

Quote:

You can go out and eat and have a drink in London though. And at this time of year the countryside isn't half as attractive as it was 6 months ago!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 02:12 PM   #44
ZedsRedBaby
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
It's bollocks.

I'm actually from Peterborough. It wasn't such a bad place when I was growing up but I left over 30 years ago and most people agree it's gone downhill considerably.
Appreciate 0