F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Help buying used 340i
Studio RSR

01-15-2021, 10:51 PM   #1
James18675
Rep
Drives: 2012 camry

Garage List
2018 bmw 340i  [0.00]
Help buying used 340i

Hello again f30 post today I went and looked at the BSM/CR 18’ with track handling package, fantastic car, only two concerns when I opened the hood I noticed two things upon inspection around and underneath the coolant reservoir that there was liquid that looked like it was almost sprayed on, was not coolant so I’m left to assume that it was some sort of cleaner/ degreaser because the car had just gone through detail and had this stuff around in other places in the engine bay. Does anyone know what the black plastic box is above the coolant cap and to the right of the engine cover... it looked like it had been messed with what’s under it and why would someone remove it, also on the hood I had noticed a slight difference in gaps between the fender and hood on one side, no accidents on carfax and you can tell the car hasn’t been painted but just makes you think. I’m not sure at all but I’m thinking that the previous owner maybe used jb4 and that’s why that black box was not properly fastened down.. I’m not exactly sure would someone be able to give me some insight.
Appreciate 0