F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 2015 f30 making noise when turning
GetBMWParts

12-08-2020, 11:38 AM   #1
Domello
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 328i xDrive (f30)

2015 f30 making noise when turning

Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone could help me diagnosing the noise coming from the car. It's especially sound when turning left. I think it actually gets worse when I accelerate a bit. Attaching a link to a video i took earlier today. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
https://youtu.be/NIRPXn63bcU

Thanks,
Domello
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 11:05 AM   #2
atpenney
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i xDrive m sport

Although the noise coming from my 2016 328i xdrive is not as severe as yours, I still have a noise while turning left. I'm riding pretty knobby winters right now so I thought it might be related to that? Very annoying on long drives in the city.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 01:57 PM   #3
Foriegnmonkey1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domello View Post
Hi everyone,

I am hoping someone could help me diagnosing the noise coming from the car. It's especially sound when turning left. I think it actually gets worse when I accelerate a bit. Attaching a link to a video i took earlier today. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.
https://youtu.be/NIRPXn63bcU

Thanks,
Domello
I had this same problem.
Took it to the dealer and it's actually the handbrake wire or something cut loose dangling and grinding against metal.

Take it in and tell them the problem is coming from the handbrake area
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2020, 02:26 PM   #4
eritF30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 340i xdrive

I get a lot of creaks and noises from my strut top hats,30k on car too.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 11:58 AM   #5
Domello
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foriegnmonkey1 View Post
I had this same problem.
Took it to the dealer and it's actually the handbrake wire or something cut loose dangling and grinding against metal.

Take it in and tell them the problem is coming from the handbrake area
Thanks. Will need to give this a try.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2020, 01:28 PM   #6
mehmetx
Rep
Drives: bmw 320ied

may it be due to brake pads? Are your pads new?
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2020, 11:51 AM   #7
OC_F32
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domello View Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks,
Domello
I experienced that same issue on my 2015 F32 a few months ago. The sound is one (or both) hand/e-brake cables rubbing against the drive shaft upon acceleration. There are plastic clips underneath the hand brake assembly, between the heat shield and body that hold the e-brake lines in place, one on each side. I had to shove a scope between the heat shield and the body to see it. It will be a pain in the ass to change as doing so will require dropping the gas tank a few inches. I ended up using a couple of cable ties to secure the passenger side brake cable to a rear suspension support. 30 minutes DIY to save a >$500 trip to the stealership.

I'll try to snap a picture of it this afternoon if needed.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 12:06 PM   #8
Domello
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC_F32 View Post
I experienced that same issue on my 2015 F32 a few months ago. The sound is one (or both) hand/e-brake cables rubbing against the drive shaft upon acceleration. There are plastic clips underneath the hand brake assembly, between the heat shield and body that hold the e-brake lines in place, one on each side. I had to shove a scope between the heat shield and the body to see it. It will be a pain in the ass to change as doing so will require dropping the gas tank a few inches. I ended up using a couple of cable ties to secure the passenger side brake cable to a rear suspension support. 30 minutes DIY to save a >$500 trip to the stealership.

I'll try to snap a picture of it this afternoon if needed.
I would love to see that. Dealership wasn’t able to figure it out and the noise persists
Appreciate 0