F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 2018 440I iDRIVE SPLIT SCREEN NOT HOLDING SETTING
ARMA SPEED

04-20-2019, 10:53 PM   #1
sorcerer2020
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i

2018 440I iDRIVE SPLIT SCREEN NOT HOLDING SETTING

Just went for 17,000 oil change and they updated the SW on a "recall" and when I left the dealer all of my settings where gone - seats, keys, mirrors, carplay - everything was start from scratch.

So we worked our way through resetting everything back to the prior settings.

But now split screen doesn't hold its settings.

I will normally use CarPlay on the left and use the right side for weather. Now it comes up every time with something else and I have to reset to the weather.

I checked to make sure my key is set up with a profile and that's working.

Next I was going not use a present key but I know that's a "cheat" and not really fixing the problem.

If there is an obscure way to save split screen content settings I don't know it and never knew it before when I had set my split screen to show weather.
Appreciate 0
      04-23-2019, 03:00 AM   #2
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

There seem to be quite a few bugs in the last SW version(s). I think the best thing to do would be to complain to BMW about it. Until they get sufficient feedback from users, they won't look into it...

Mine often forgets to stay in favourite radio stations where I leave it and switsches to DAB next time I start the car...