F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > NBT EVO ID6 Retrofit Coding Problems
Studio RSR

11-05-2019, 02:10 PM   #1
SirFisher
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 340i xDrive 6MT

Hello, I had a few questions about the retrofit I performed and wanted to put this out there just in case. I upgraded from an HU_EntryNav to HU_NBT2 last night. To facilitate this, I modified an extension harness as the diagrams show in Rheingold.

I retrofitted an ATM module that I purchased from a BMW dealership with my VIN and ran the Ethernet cables to the trunk and modified the TCB harness for the ATM module.

When I initially plugged the head unit and new screen in, it booted up and I was able to adjust settings but it didn't make any sound. I tried to VO code it and accidentally hit the code (not code defaults) button on the side and then the audio began to play. I then tried to correct this by selecting the matching CAFD and tried to code it. Once I did this Esys gave an error and the head unit began to keep crashing.

Now after crashing a few times and making a click sound and turning off, the screen displays no signal at all times and I cannot view the head unit in the read ECU's option of the Coding tab in Esys. Does anyone know someone who I could contact to help me fix my error or has anyone had something similar.

Thank you so much!

Edit:

I forgot to add, the car has an original build date of 6-2016.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 04:54 PM   #2
Ibo24
New BMW owner
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 316d, BMW F40 116d

Garage List
I think you have bricked your EVO system.

Does it show up in ESYS or ISTA-D/+ ?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 05:34 PM   #3
SirFisher
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibo24 View Post
I think you have bricked your EVO system.

Does it show up in ESYS or ISTA-D/+ ?
No it does not. If I have, is there a way to virginize the head unit again? Or do I need to purchase a new unit
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2019, 11:40 PM   #4
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFisher View Post
Hello, I had a few questions about the retrofit I performed and wanted to put this out there just in case. I upgraded from an HU_EntryNav to HU_NBT2 last night. To facilitate this, I modified an extension harness as the diagrams show in Rheingold.

I retrofitted an ATM module that I purchased from a BMW dealership with my VIN and ran the Ethernet cables to the trunk and modified the TCB harness for the ATM module.

When I initially plugged the head unit and new screen in, it booted up and I was able to adjust settings but it didn't make any sound. I tried to VO code it and accidentally hit the code (not code defaults) button on the side and then the audio began to play. I then tried to correct this by selecting the matching CAFD and tried to code it. Once I did this Esys gave an error and the head unit began to keep crashing.

Now after crashing a few times and making a click sound and turning off, the screen displays no signal at all times and I cannot view the head unit in the read ECU's option of the Coding tab in Esys. Does anyone know someone who I could contact to help me fix my error or has anyone had something similar.

Thank you so much!

Edit:

I forgot to add, the car has an original build date of 6-2016.
Off topic, but will a BMW Dealer sell you an ATM coded to your pre-LCI car's vin if your car has a NBT/TCB unit in it?

Several of us have been trying to get a definitive answer on this.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 02:30 PM   #5
SirFisher
United_States
Rep

I managed to get the parts department to sell me the proper 4g with wlan trunk atm unit for my car, they requested my Vin when I ordered it so I assume it is.

I haven't finished my coding so I am not sure if it is actually coded to my VIN but I should be able to update next week once I fix my coding screw up and find some FSC codes for my EVO Unit.

I'm creating a harness right now to adapt my TCB*1b harness into all of the ATM*1-3 plugs so I can hotswap for service.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2019, 07:44 PM   #6
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFisher View Post
I managed to get the parts department to sell me the proper 4g with wlan trunk atm unit for my car, they requested my Vin when I ordered it so I assume it is.

I haven't finished my coding so I am not sure if it is actually coded to my VIN but I should be able to update next week once I fix my coding screw up and find some FSC codes for my EVO Unit.

I'm creating a harness right now to adapt my TCB*1b harness into all of the ATM*1-3 plugs so I can hotswap for service.
Will be curious if the BMW Connect Account will let you register and properly work with the ATM when all is done.

As the EVO cannot talk to the TCB, no sure why you want to hot swap.

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 04-28-2020 at 12:13 AM..
Appreciate 0