F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Anyone has wifi problems with id6 attention!
ARMA SPEED

08-01-2020, 12:19 PM   #1
Creedozz
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 LCI

I retrofitted my f30 about 4 mounths ago with id6 wireless carplay and until that day i had wifi connection problems. The nbt get stucked several times while listening to music via spotfy and using google maps. I though that the nbt ram was unsufficient but then i realized the devices around market has less ram and no stucking problems.
I removed the wifi antenna from nbt the connection worsened but still had some signal.
I understood that the oem wifi antenna was garbage.( i added photos please take a look how pathetic the antenna design! ) (pic2)
I designed my own diy wifi antenna from youtube videos.
Now the connection is stable as " statue of liberty " before the connection lost immediately i left the car but now the connection is stable from 10 meters
Anyone has these kind of problems can do his own wifi antenna.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
eff32fl1051.50
      08-01-2020, 01:10 PM   #2
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creedozz View Post
I understood that the oem wifi antenna was garbage.( i added photos please take a look how pathetic the antenna design! ) (pic2)
Maybe you shouldn't have bought any Chinese garbage, but the "real" BMW WiFi antenna.
Here you see a picture of it.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...lim/1VnXnImTzr

This works fine for me.
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2020, 03:55 PM   #3
Creedozz
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atzebmw View Post
Quote:
Maybe you shouldn't have bought any Chinese garbage, but the "real" BMW WiFi antenna.
Here you see a picture of it.

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...lim/1VnXnImTzr

This works fine for me.
Same design if you examine them. I did not buy it from china you may right it could be not oem but the structures are the same.
So did you have any wifi issues? The antenna i did works perfectly even the doors are closed plus from 10 mt distance
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 04:00 PM   #4
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

So far, the WiFi works without problems for me.
But OK, I admit, I haven't tested it so intensively.
I will also test it outside of the car.
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2020, 04:05 PM   #5
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

Quote:
I retrofitted my f30 about 4 mounths ago with id6 wireless carplay and until that day i had wifi connection problems. The nbt get stucked several times while listening to music via spotfy and using google maps. I though that the nbt ram was unsufficient but then i realized the devices around market has less ram and no stucking problems.
I removed the wifi antenna from nbt the connection worsened but still had some signal.
Now the connection is stable as " statue of liberty " before the connection lost immediately i left the car but now the connection is stable from 10 meters
That doesn't exactly have the aesthetics of a manufactured antenna but gotta love ingenuity! That resembles a cell phone tower and I suppose it makes the signal more omnidirectional with how the copper is formed vs the more directional design of the original antenna.
Appreciate 1
      08-01-2020, 04:24 PM   #6
Creedozz
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eff32fl View Post
Quote:
That doesn't exactly have the aesthetics of a manufactured antenna but gotta love ingenuity! That resembles a cell phone tower and I suppose it makes the signal more omnidirectional with how the copper is formed vs the more directional design of the original antenna.
Yes i watched a video about omnidirectional wifi antenna but mine is simpler than the one in video. In the car i think the homogenity of the signals circulate is more important than the ability of the signal's distance. So i chose omnidirectional one.
It has no aesthetic i agree 😀 bec i used a cover of a feeding bottle 😂 and also covered it with sponge material which is used for under the door for isolation not to hear any crackle.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2020, 04:32 PM   #7
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

Quote:
Yes i watched a video about omnidirectional wifi antenna but mine is simpler than the one in video. In the car i think the homogenity of the signals circulate is more important than the ability of the signal's distance. So i chose omnidirectional one.
It has no aesthetic i agree 😀 bec i used a cover of a feeding bottle 😂 and also covered it with sponge material which is used for under the door for isolation not to hear any crackle.
Haha nice! It's sitting in your dash anyway and isn't visible so aesthetics isn't important
Appreciate 1
      08-29-2020, 07:59 PM   #8
Thegadgetgeek
Registered
Rep
Drives: Honda

Hi! i got rid of that problem when i bought my signal booster, it doesn't work with broadband but it's an excellent choice if you want stady mobile data. Tell me what do you guys think? i hope this is helpful. https://www.amplificadordesenal.es/
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 07:34 AM   #9
Creedozz
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atzebmw View Post
So far, the WiFi works without problems for me.
But OK, I admit, I haven't tested it so intensively.
I will also test it outside of the car.
Hi! Do you have any wifi connection problems while using maps and spotify at the same time with your original wifi antenna?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 01:52 PM   #10
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Hi! Do you have any wifi connection problems while using maps and spotify at the same time with your original wifi antenna?
Unfortunately I have not Spotify.
Appreciate 0