F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 2014 328i with Apple Music unable to skip track using steering wheel controls?
proTUNING Freaks

01-26-2019, 11:40 PM   #1
campermortey
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i

2014 328i with Apple Music unable to skip track using steering wheel controls?

Hi all,

I recently switched to Apple Music from Google Music and noticed that I am unable to skip a song using the steering wheel roller on the right side. It seems to scroll through playlists when I use the roller. On google music it would show the current song in the center and then up would be skip and down would be to play the same song or once again to skip back. I can skip and navigate songs through IDrive on the media center. This is all via bluetooth by the way.

Am I missing something or is this just not possible?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2019, 11:22 AM   #2
silver.f30
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i - Glacier Silver

The same things happens for me when I use Spotify instead of Apple Music. I think this is because Apple Music has a native iPod integration that supports showing the playlist info, etc. while the other apps don't
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2019, 10:58 AM   #3
Encanto
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by campermortey View Post
Hi all,

I recently switched to Apple Music from Google Music and noticed that I am unable to skip a song using the steering wheel roller on the right side. It seems to scroll through playlists when I use the roller. On google music it would show the current song in the center and then up would be skip and down would be to play the same song or once again to skip back. I can skip and navigate songs through IDrive on the media center. This is all via bluetooth by the way.

Am I missing something or is this just not possible?
Is this vía 6NS?
Appreciate 0