F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > BMW Test Drive (Auto braking?)
GetBMWParts

11-10-2015, 06:53 PM   #23
mudspike
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

bump...
Being a owner of F30 produced in 2012, I wonder how the most recent F30 does.
I hope it does that too!!... peace of mind....
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 09:24 AM   #24
DJ Rocc
Major
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Gran Coupe (2015)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Get a manual trans.

I don't have my 335i AT yet so I don't know if this is possible, but try going to full manual mode where you select the gears and not the trans computer. When you let off the throttle, don't downshift. Let it sit in a higher gear for the given speed. It should slow less as it's in a higher gear.
Much like a manual where you can coast to near stop in 4th or 5th until the engine rpm drops to around 1000rpm.

Anyone with the AT/Sport AT comment on whether you can do this in full manual mode? Can you let it coast in higher gear with no throttle without the trans downshifting itself?
Yeah I have the Sport AT transmission, and absolutely love it! Its so smooth on shifts and quick. To prevent any engine braking (under normal conditions) I find when you have the car in eco/pro mode and the coasting feature ON, the car will coast for days on a level surface, so much so its a bit freaky to me, because I am used to a bit of engine braking when the throttle is released.

The Drive Mode I mostly find myself driving (round town daily driving) in is Comfort, but with the Transmission in Sport mode. If find this provides just enough engine braking for in-town quick stops in traffic, and for emergency situations. Without the Transmission in Sport mode, I find the car coasts a bit too much for my liking. When not in too much stop and go traffic, I ease the transmission back in normal position (which usually not very long) LOL

But nothing but praise for this ZF Sport/AT, love how you can just downshift from the paddles when you want to, and then it resumes right back to auto mode a few seconds later.
My Ride! : 2015 428i GC (F36) - MSport, Alpine, Black Leather, MBrakes, Adaptive, Sport Seats, Hex. Alum w/Piano, HK Sound, 400m's, Comfort Acc. When I’m not Driving: https://youtube.com/shorts/ViKD_Hj5htE?feature=share
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2015, 12:46 PM   #25
Fronzdan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '24 M240 xDrive

I'd say pretty much all of this is coming from the AT downshift as opposed to ED. I've felt nothing at all like this with a 6MT. The ED bar goes positive when I let up on the throttle but if I don't downshift I don't feel any special braking.
Appreciate 0