F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 340i / 440i (B58) BMW M Performance Power and Sound Kit (MPPSK) Official Release
Studio RSR

02-13-2021, 01:23 AM   #1211
steve58
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
Anyone have any thoughts on the full Remus exhaust for the 2018 F30 B58? I keep going back and forth between the MPPSK and Remus exhaust.
I was in a similar position to you. Ordered the Remus catback last year in September but up until January this year, they hadn't manufactured, let alone ship the exhaust (Remus were meant to build it in Austria and send it to Australia where I am) due to covid lockdowns and maybe some inefficiency??

Anyways, in the 4 months of wait time I changed my mind after reading this entire thread and many others, and pulled the trigger on the MPPSK. It was installed this past Wednesday and I'll do a more comprehensive review in time. However what changed my mind was amongst other things: peace of mind that the MPPSK is a genuine part, the tune is BMW approved, BMW warranty and (generally) better resale value vs aftermarket alternatives. Of course all this depends on your disposable income.

To answer your other question, I feel like the MPPSK in comfort mode is about 30% louder than sports/sports+ from the stock system under load, and maybe 5x louder in sports/sports + vs stock. Slight drone in comfort but nothing that bothers me.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 09:41 AM   #1212
veejay
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

After a couple of weeks with my Full individual Convertible, I must say the MPPSK Sound is the most I enjoy of the whole package. You notice the sound perfectly with the roof down.

Here is a vid (my son lauging in the background)

BTW ASD is turned off, and I am not even able to switch it on with Bimmerlink...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2021, 10:41 AM   #1213
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

You need Bimmercode (not Bimmerlink) to switch ASD off or back on. To switch it back on you need to restore from backup.

ASD is NOT switched off by MPPSK, as mentioned many times already.
      03-05-2021, 08:03 AM   #1214
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Garage List
Hello All,

As some of you know, I was asking a million questions about the sound and tune of the MPPSK.

So I bit the bullet and got it installed yesterday...all I can say is..holy shit!! I should of done it sooner. The car sounds incredible. The exhaust note is intoxicating and addicting! Then the tune....wow wow wow!! Talk about a different beast! The car feels so much more smooth and it just flat out GO's!! If you are on the fence..like how I was for the past 2-3 months...dont be, it is worth every single damn penny!

The drive home yesterday afternoon from the BMW dealership was the best ever! My face still hurts from smiling like a fat kid in a candy store!
Skyhigh1889.50
mgeller51.50
Beek707.00
      03-08-2021, 10:44 AM   #1215
amruthless
sleepyb58
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340xi MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amruthless View Post
anyone notice this in their car? I can bear with it not sure if anyone has some insight on it

the dealer tried fixing it and all they did was scratch my roof wrap with the snow brush and got all these spots on the back seat from them washing my car with a bit of the window open i assume
ugh dealers

edit: almost forgot to mention dealer tried blaming FTP chargepipe for the noise but shop forman knew better CPO is a waste of 3k
Interesting! Can you tell if its coming from the inside or from under the car?
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardate View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by amruthless View Post
anyone notice this in their car? I can bear with it not sure if anyone has some insight on it

the dealer tried fixing it and all they did was scratch my roof wrap with the snow brush and got all these spots on the back seat from them washing my car with a bit of the window open i assume
ugh dealers

edit: almost forgot to mention dealer tried blaming FTP chargepipe for the noise but shop forman knew better CPO is a waste of 3k
Interesting! Can you tell if its coming from the inside or from under the car?
I had the dealer check to find any rubbing.. they didn't find any under the car so it looks like it's from the inside of the car. It could be the windshield wiper reservoir or something inside the passenger door, or something around the glovebox. I had an angry big guy slam my door and the top three clips came out so I put them back in, and started hearing the noise since. It could be that I just didn't notice it till then, it could easily have been there before he slammed it. Gah.
Mods: MPPSK, ACS Springs, MPBK SRF turner lines, FTP chargepipe intakepipe, p3, blendmount r7 radar hardwire, front rear strut bar, motorsport stud conversion 82mm. MHD stage 2 xhp, stock + xhp custom settings
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 06:57 AM   #1216
Tintin1174
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Bmw 440i (F36 euro)

Hello,

I have a 440i from 2019. I live in Belgium, the mppsk kit is not (no longer) available with us. I ordered the parts (number by number) on leebmann24.de but without the tune of course (impossible to order separately). The installation is very easy, it took me 1 hour with a friend. The sound is amazing, like all the comments I read on the forum! BUT BE CAREFUL, the next day after driving in sport mode for 1/2 hour, I got an error message on idrive. Powertrain problem, reduced power, you can keep driving blah blah blah. I went to the BMW garage for a read. This is an exhaust sensor... I didn't quite understand which one exactly. So apparently if we install the mppsk without the tune, there is a problem with the sensor.
This is probably because of the particulate filter (if I have one?). In short, bmw obviously does not know how to do anything. So I ordered the MHD wifi dongle to change the tune. I will keep you posted if I know how to solve my problem ...
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 08:34 AM   #1217
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin1174 View Post
Hello,

I have a 440i from 2019. I live in Belgium, the mppsk kit is not (no longer) available with us. I ordered the parts (number by number) on leebmann24.de but without the tune of course (impossible to order separately). The installation is very easy, it took me 1 hour with a friend. The sound is amazing, like all the comments I read on the forum! BUT BE CAREFUL, the next day after driving in sport mode for 1/2 hour, I got an error message on idrive. Powertrain problem, reduced power, you can keep driving blah blah blah. I went to the BMW garage for a read. This is an exhaust sensor... I didn't quite understand which one exactly. So apparently if we install the mppsk without the tune, there is a problem with the sensor.
This is probably because of the particulate filter (if I have one?). In short, bmw obviously does not know how to do anything. So I ordered the MHD wifi dongle to change the tune. I will keep you posted if I know how to solve my problem ...
Sorry to hear, but a lot of things don't make sense in your post...:

- MPPSK has never been compatible with OPF. This is very clearly stated on the MPPSK spec sheet. And it is not the software which is not compatible - it is the hardware (exhaust). Since you have a 2019 European model - you unfortunately DO have OPF (you could have researched that...), and therefore MPPSK is not offered for your vehicle.

- When something is clearly stated to be incompatible... I can't see how it is BMW who "do not know how to do anything" if you decide to experiment nevertheless, with components which do not have type approval for your vehicle (for a reason, as you have unfortunately learned...).

You will most likely solve the problem with a suitable tune, potentially MHD. But of course your warranty on the vehicle (if any) would be down the drain (it already is, with a non- type-approved exhaust installed, but that at least can be reversed)

Either way, keep us posted

Last edited by Skyhigh; 03-09-2021 at 08:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 10:04 AM   #1218
Tintin1174
Belgium
Rep

Thank you for your reply. Can you tell me where exactly the particulate filter is located?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 03:48 PM   #1219
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

As far as I know it is combined with the downpipe, somehow within the downpipe itself. That's what I've read, but I may be wrong...

If you do use 3rd party tunes, be careful - some maps are not intended for (compatible with) OPF cars. Just as a side note. You have an additional restriction in the exhaust system, which introduces a number of constraints...

But hey - on the positive side, you are "environmentally friendly"
      03-11-2021, 08:32 AM   #1220
Boiler340
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Those with the CF tips on their MPPSK, have any of you theft-proofed them?

Examining the tips, they can be removed quickly/easily. Having heard/read of others getting their tips stolen piqued my interest.

I was thinking about sealing the holes with JB weld or something similar.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 10:09 AM   #1221
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

It is astonishing how the designer has not thought about that and made them at least a bit more time-consuming to remove.....

I haven't done anything about it, as it is safe here, but if I lived elsewhere, I would most likely not have those tips... knowing how much they cost and what a low-hanging fruit they are...

Sealing the holes would prevent you to ever remove them (or make it very, very difficult with risk of damage). And I find it handy to be able to remove if necessary to clean thoroughly.... But if you don't ever see a reason to remove them... I guess it is an option...
      03-11-2021, 01:50 PM   #1222
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
It is astonishing how the designer has not thought about that and made them at least a bit more time-consuming to remove.....

I haven't done anything about it, as it is safe here, but if I lived elsewhere, I would most likely not have those tips... knowing how much they cost and what a low-hanging fruit they are...

Sealing the holes would prevent you to ever remove them (or make it very, very difficult with risk of damage). And I find it handy to be able to remove if necessary to clean thoroughly.... But if you don't ever see a reason to remove them... I guess it is an option...
After I got my MPPSK added I went and looked how the tips were attached. I guess it makes it easy the way it is done, at least on one level, but was like you I was surprised a bit how easy they would be to take off. I have the silver and have wanted to get CF tips. I'm in a safe area too, but do worry how easy they are to remove. Probably just have to say "heck with it" and buy them.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 02:01 PM   #1223
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

As long as you live and park in a safe environment - they are fantastic and you should have no worries. This said, there are 3rd party replicas around which, at least on photos, look acceptable and cost a fraction... could be a wise compromise...
      03-11-2021, 05:09 PM   #1224
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
As long as you live and park in a safe environment - they are fantastic and you should have no worries. This said, there are 3rd party replicas around which, at least on photos, look acceptable and cost a fraction... could be a wise compromise...
I live in a safe area and heck if someone is in a well lit and protected garage and can take them off when I am parked at a hotel or something like that, well at that point there is not much one can do. At some point you can only do so much if someone is really determined to steal something. I also already would have the silver ones to put back on. So sounds like I should just buy them and put them on. Thanks for reminding me of something I have been meaning to do. Probably pandemic brain or just too much playing with viruses and being too busy....just not enough free time these days.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 08:28 AM   #1225
Tintin1174
Belgium
Rep

I want to share my experience with you. I am in Belgium.
Two months ago I bought a 2019 bmw 440i gran coupé (F36).
I found the sound of the 6 cylinder engine to be very low, it's a bit frustrating because I love that sound.
I saw on the forum that there is a bmw m performance exhaust line (with valve).
There is no longer a way to order the complete pack (mppsk), but you can easily order the parts separately:

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=4J51-EUR-05_2016_F36N_BMW_440i&diagId=03_0220#18302407185

That's what I did, it cost me around 2000 €.

I installed the new exhaust line very easily.
The noise is fabulous, with the valve open but also with the valves closed.

On my car (2019), there is a particle filter in the exhaust tube.
Since there are no more with the M performance exhaust, I got a pressure sensor error message.

I bought this:

https://bimmer-connect.com/products/bg-mhdfg

I also bought the "Flasher B58" license at € 249

https://mhdtuning.com/collections/mhd-flasher-f-g-series-b58/products/mhd-flasher-module-for-b58

It's incredible ! I flashed the ECU in 2 min with the mppsk card (360ch) and it works great! It's very easy.

I have a car that runs perfectly with a very nice sound!

Ps : Sorry for the mistakes, I use Google translate, I don't speak English.
Appreciate 2
vcx81.50
cooombs24.00
      03-12-2021, 09:18 AM   #1226
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Garage List
Here's a little food for thought:

I bought the MPPSK and had the exhaust installed at my friends shop. The exhaust sounded good but I wasn't too impressed with it. I left the shop and went to my local BMW dealer to get the MPPSK tune installed. Wow, talk about a huge sound difference to be honest. The exhaust just sounds so much more angry / aggressive and I love it! It is seriously a head tuner and I get looks and thumbs up everywhere I go now. The best part is...the valve. I can tame it before getting my coffee in the mornings then open the valves up and let it rip after I have had a few sips.

It's totally a game changer and worth the money! Cant wait until my warranty is up so I can install MHD or BM3.

I got the CF tips. Looks like when I installed the tips, there is a need for an allen key to tighten the small allen screw on the underneath side. So if someone wants to take my tips, better have the correct size allen key!
      03-15-2021, 02:55 PM   #1227
d0ugmac1
Solutioneer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i 6MT Xdrive

Quote:
Thanks Dougmac1.

Do you hear any tinny type sounds? How would you describe the sound in comfort and sport mode?

Thanks for the help!
Sorry for the lag time...been distracted. Did you wind up going for it?

Can sound a little tinny when first starting up cold...riffle the throttle a couple of times seems to calm it down or wait 5-10s...not sure what's more annoying to the neighbours

Comfort mode is fine, minds its manners unless you open it up, though I find it drones a bit more than I'd like on the highway (110km+). Sport is a different animal, like wild animal from the Serengeti different, noisy from the first touch of the accelerator, strong pops and crackles on heavy engine braking...coupled with the stiffer suspension settings definitely makes for an 'angrier' ride. Punching it in a parking garage or underpass is shockingly noisy...well, for bystanders anyways.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 05:28 PM   #1228
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ugmac1 View Post
Quote:
Thanks Dougmac1.

Do you hear any tinny type sounds? How would you describe the sound in comfort and sport mode?

Thanks for the help!
Sorry for the lag time...been distracted. Did you wind up going for it?

Can sound a little tinny when first starting up cold...riffle the throttle a couple of times seems to calm it down or wait 5-10s...not sure what's more annoying to the neighbours

Comfort mode is fine, minds its manners unless you open it up, though I find it drones a bit more than I'd like on the highway (110km+). Sport is a different animal, like wild animal from the Serengeti different, noisy from the first touch of the accelerator, strong pops and crackles on heavy engine braking...coupled with the stiffer suspension settings definitely makes for an 'angrier' ride. Punching it in a parking garage or underpass is shockingly noisy...well, for bystanders anyways.
Great way to put it. That was definitely a great addition for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 07:52 AM   #1229
INROADRACR
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i, 6MT, RWD

Garage List
2017 BMW 340i  [9.50]
Wow, what a great (if extensive!) read. It's a five year anthology of discovery.

I recently purchased a 2017 340i, low miles, 1-owner, 6MT and I made the appointment today for the MPPSK upgrade. I've got about 7 months left on the factory warranty so that wasn't the main deciding factor, though it didn't hurt. Probably the most important thing for me is the feeling that the components and tune are within the design margin for the vehicle. I kept my previous BMW (an E46) 22 years and I do almost all of the maintenance and repair work. I hope to keep this car for a decade or longer.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread. The comments and experiences - positive and negative - were all a benefit. I'm not sure if anyone will be reading this thread in the future, but I'll post my impressions after the install. Thanks again, one and all!
Appreciate 2
Skyhigh1889.50
Beek707.00
      04-20-2021, 08:19 AM   #1230
1kubik
Registered
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

I'm thinking of modifying the exhaust on my BMW 340i. If I buy a used MPPSK, is it possible to record power soft? Does anyone have an MPPSK + downpipe? Or will a downpipe only be enough?

I'm also thinking about adjusting performance. Is it better to buy MHDflash or increase the power directly from the brake adjuster?

Last edited by 1kubik; 04-20-2021 at 01:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2021, 10:41 PM   #1231
INROADRACR
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 340i, 6MT, RWD

Garage List
2017 BMW 340i  [9.50]
Just got my 340i back with the MPPSK upgrade. I haven't pushed it to note any acceleration improvements, but I'm in love with the sound. Just cruising in Sport mode is soothing. A few quick starts and some down-shifts will get your heart racing. This is how the car was meant to be.

Next up: the LSD. Yes, I'm over improving this car, but it's fantastic and I hold onto cars for a long, long time so I'm not really concerned with resale value.
Appreciate 1
aardate193.50
      04-25-2021, 07:52 PM   #1232
kpgray
GasCompressor
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche 911 Cabriolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by INROADRACR View Post
Just got my 340i back with the MPPSK upgrade...

Next up: the LSD. Yes, I'm over improving this car, but it's fantastic and I hold onto cars for a long, long time so I'm not really concerned with resale value.
I added the LSD to my '14 335i MPPK & MPE and it was one of the best upgrades I performed! It nearly eliminated the traction control coming out of corners. It also was a big improvement in wet and winter conditions. You will be very happy with that addition!

2022 Porsche 911 Cabriolet Agate Grey/Black PDK
2019 440i M-Sport Smoke Topaz Metallic/Opel (Sold)
2014 335i M-Sport Black/Beige MPPK/MPE (Totaled)
2013 328i Sport xDrive Imperial Blue/Grey (Sold)
Appreciate 0