F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Don't know if this was ever mention but...
ARMA SPEED

12-11-2014, 10:39 AM   #1
Pablo68
Left the building
Wales
Rep
Drives: Not a diesel.

Don't know if this was ever mention but...

N55 3.0-litre straight-six wins Engine of the Year Award 2014

"the 3.0-litre straight-six with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology wins its fourth title ... in the world’s leading engine competition....
The 3.0-litre in-line six-cylinder petrol engine with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology – as featured in numerous current BMW models – ranks among the prize-winners for the fourth time."

Sadly for 2015 it was an Electric engine and a teeny tiny Mini engine that was in the awards.

Appreciate 0
      12-11-2014, 11:07 AM   #2
rocketretro
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: M235i Coupe

Garage List
On what criteria is that based on? reliability, performance or manufacture? only ask as I'm thinking of the M135i and after a test drive thought the engine was an absolute gem but the car itself was not sufficiently interesting enough to tempt me, waiting for the update model in March and maybe revised body styling.
      12-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #3
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketretro View Post
On what criteria is that based on? reliability, performance or manufacture? only ask as I'm thinking of the M135i and after a test drive thought the engine was an absolute gem but the car itself was not sufficiently interesting enough to tempt me, waiting for the update model in March and maybe revised body styling.
I wouldn't hope for huge changes, just cosmetic surely, with hopefully the front lights sorted? Or go fir the 2 series front conversion as featured on bimmerpost.