F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Question to all handy men out there
Studio RSR

02-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #1
im spencer
Back in the f80
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Question to all handy men out there

Hey guys I do quite a bit of work around the house since I just prefer doing things myself. I could see that alot of you are pretty handy with your tools as well. So anyways to the question: I was curious what you guys would recommend for some sort of bit drill set? In all honesty there are so many brands out there that degrade after a single use. The work im doing is rather moderate so I dont need anything extremely fancy but durable ya know? Thanks the info is very much appreciated coming from you guys.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
FirstClass
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328xi

I'm pretty handy with the steel if you know what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh valley View Post
shit, if i had that kind of money id buy a gtstreet for monday, an ascari a10 for tuesday, a DBS for wednesday and id just ride jessica alba the rest of the week.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 09:38 PM   #3
67bmer
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 325is, e92 328i

What are you drilling that they wear out so fast?

Different materials require different drills. I can recommend some industrial sets that are good quality, but its really dependent on what you are drilling.

I bought one of those Ryobi sets from the HD and I am not that impressed with the drill bits.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2008, 10:30 PM   #4
BaLLzZz
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

drill bits are going to run out regardless. I go threw drill bits all day at work when i use them. Depends on alot of factors your pressure on the drill what your drilling and the condition of it wet dry etc drill bits dont cost that much so it shouldnt bother you that they are wearing out. Just a word of advice make sure your chuck is tight and make sure your using the right bit for the right material. Good lUck.

01 e46 m54 - Current : 14 f10 n26 - Boring & Gone : 15 f30 n26 - Current : 08 e92 n54 - Gone & Missed!!!
Appreciate 0