E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Looking for definitive answer on adaptations reset

03-01-2016, 12:21 AM   #1
Pumper
Private First Class
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 320D

Looking for definitive answer on adaptations reset

Hi everyone,

been looking around on various forums on the question concerning MAF and other component adaptation reset after replacing the parts.

Basically it's somewhat 50/50 in opinions, therefore I looking for a definitive answer: is it mandatory operation on the E9x or not?

In most cases where people say that you need to reset adaptations in INPA/DIS is when they are talking about the older cars. But even then some say that the manual reset just forces the ECU to learn new values from the get go instead of adapting to the new part (i.e. MAF) over time (usually after 100 miles or so).

Even when talking about the newer models, the claim is that manual reset is required for the DDE5.x ECUs, but as far as I know the E9x pre-lci cars are running DDE6.x and lci DDE7.x versions.

Some claim that adaptations on the newer models are sometimes so messed up from driving a long time with faulty sensors that after replacing the parts ECU can't adapt as the stored old and received new values are so different that it just ignores the new information, therefore is unable to adapt over time.
      03-08-2016, 03:21 AM   #2
Pumper
Private First Class
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 320D

bump