BMW X3 Forum
BMW X3 Forum
Welcome to the ultimate BMW X3 community.
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-12-2018, 09:07 AM   #1
Sharpedge
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Fueling Issues

I'm finding this M40i to be a bit of a pig to refuel. I keep getting the pump shut off due to back flow at the tank filling point. I will have to wait about 5 sec for it to clear and then run the pump at about half speed to keep it from stopping. I though this could just be from a fast filling pump so I tried another today. It did not fill the tank as fast so it did not cut out. The pump cut out at about the right time and I pulled the lever a few time to make sure the tank was topped up.

Paid for fuel only to get back in the car and see the tank was only just over 3/4 full! With a scratched bonnet and dirty interior on delivery, a chipped indicator cover on the mirror on the way home and a faulty back window seal, this £50k+ car is truly testing my patience.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2018, 09:13 AM   #2
munna
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3

I had this problem often on my 328i. I found that pushing the nozzle all the way in and then backing it out about an inch did the trick
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2018, 11:28 PM   #3
Sea-Tac
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
I had this problem with Shell pumps at two stations the first three or four times I tanked up. Never a problem with Chevron. Maybe it’s a problem with the station you are fueling at.
Appreciate 0