F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bimmertech Alpha One speakers full install DIY
GetBMWParts

05-22-2018, 09:29 AM   #1
BMW DIY Guy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i

Garage List
2014 BMW 435i  [0.00]
Bimmertech Alpha One speakers full install DIY

Hey guys!

I wanted to share my latest DIY, for the brand new Alpha One speakers from Bimmertech!

***Full disclosure** I worked with Patryk of Bimmertech directly on this project, great guy, and great company!

The install itself is really straight forward and only takes a few simple tools and a couple of hours to do. If you are familiar with taking off your door panels and the like, then this will be easy for you. Even if you are not, I document the whole process really closely, so you will be successful.

I am actually going to post both the unbox video and the DIY because I think its worth it to see the quality of what Bimmertech is doing even with their packaging. My boxes came from the UAE in only a couple of days shipping using DHL, which always makes me happy. (my local DHL guy rocks!)

For my car, I was replacing the HK stock speakers, and aftermarket underseat subs, so really looking for improvements on all fronts.

Right right.. but how do they sound?!?!

Well here is where everything is relative and subjective right? First off, I dont have the tools or microphone to be able to do professional level sound testing, to be clear. Also, if you deep dive into the audiophile posts on the forums, it quickly devolves into a dog fight of opinions on what exactly even sounds good in the first place.

So.. how do the Alpha One sound? FANTASTIC. Period.

My speakers were not abused and none were failing, so I what I hear in the change I think is a fair comparison. I very purposely went through a number of music types, clear high vocals with classical styles, growling rock of ACDC and Metallica and great range songs from Queen that cover the entire spectrum.

Simply, everything is better. The high vocals of a piece from the Lord of the Rings soundtrack gave me goosebumps. (side note, had to redo my DIY video after posting to YouTube because they dinged me for a "copyright claim" problem because you could hear that song playing.. ) These speakers are just amazing, and is an immediate noticeable improvement over the HKs.

What I need to do and will do next is fine tune my equalizer settings specifically for these speakers. If you haven't touched these settings, you really need to because of the differences they make to what you want to hear. Again, there is no one single "best" because of your ears and music preferences, but you definitely can improve what you hear. I will continue to tweak my equalizer settings over the next days and weeks, and will post the settings here.

Onto the goods... Here is the unboxing video if you are interested, really gorgeous speakers and shipped perfectly!

And for the main event, here is the full DIY install!

Appreciate 3