F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MG Flasher - Technical discussion and feedback (For BETA users)
Extreme Powerhouse

01-14-2019, 12:29 PM   #1
Jarek@JRAuto
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: G20 340i

MG Flasher - Technical discussion and feedback (For BETA users)

***UPDATE*** MGFlasher is now LIVE!!

First ever available mobile based flashing tool for BMW Fxx/Gxx B58 is now available at Google Play Store!

We want to thank our beta testers for the big help and taking the time to help us improve the MG Flasher,
We will continue and provide support to all of you guys and keep on enhancing the MG Flasher,
OTS maps and the Logger's functionality. We really appreciate your continuous feedback and help.

The main post has been updated with more information.

You can find it here.

************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ******************

This thread has been created exclusively to gather feedback form the MG Flasher BETA clients and to keep all questions, comments and answers related to the Beta phase release in one place. We take pride in our R&D and believe in sharing true feedback on an open forum. Please use our main thread for any other technical questions/queries.

Finally, after sixteen months of hard work, research and development we at JR Auto Performance Inc. are pleased to present you all with our final date and pricing for our BETA release on our highly anticipated product, MG Flasher.
Our expected BETA launch date will be Monday, January 28th, 2019. We would like to extend this product to the first 15 customers. Sign up link redirects you to send an email with your request to become a BETA Tester.
We ask that you include your Full Name, VIN number of your car and Google Play Store email address. Google account is needed to download the app through the Google Play Store. Eligibility of you as a BETA tester will be based off your place in line within our email list. You will be sent a PayPal invoice for the amount as described below and as long as payment clears within three business days of our initial interaction you will have your place reserved as a Beta Tester.
We have tirelessly been working towards this date and are very excited to work with you all in the near future. We encourage our BETA testers to leave appropriate feedback using on their selections and we are more than happy to work through any concerns that you might have.
For our first 15 BETA testers we will offer the MG Flasher Flashing License + the full OTS map pack for $575 USD all inclusive. This will include a free upgrade to our, soon to be released full version with our logging tool when it becomes available. We truly look forward to working with you all and very much appreciate your consideration of MG Flasher as your tuning choice!

The MG Flasher Beta Version has the following capabilities and is available only for Android users (ver. for iOS is currently under development):
  • Unlocks the ECU to allow writing all available OTS maps
  • Stores all OTS Maps for quick and easy access
  • Adaptation Reset
  • Allows to flash back to stock
  • OBD Diagnostic Module
    • ECU Extended Information
    • Reads DTC
    • Clears DTC
    • Resets ECU
    • Restores Coding
    • Adaptation Reset
The following options will be automatically activated and available with our next version’s release:
  • Additional options: Exhaust Burble, Cold Start Delete, Dcat, Vmax, Kick Down Deactivation
  • OTS map Stage 3
  • Logger – free option for beta users (subject to additional cost on next version’s release)
More technical information, description, dyno diagrams, user manual you can find directly on MG Flasher website or original MG Flasher announcement thread

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 03-14-2019 at 07:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2019, 12:29 PM   #2
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Reserved for future updates.

Reserved.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 08:25 AM   #3
Dwhoz
Rep
Drives: F30 340i xdrive m sport

Hi Jarek,

So, I saw that you have recommended wifi obdii and k+dcan adapters, but do we need to use those, or will others be compatible? Just want to make sure I'm ready to rock and roll when things go live.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 02:42 PM   #4
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwhoz View Post
Hi Jarek,

So, I saw that you have recommended wifi obdii and k+dcan adapters, but do we need to use those, or will others be compatible? Just want to make sure I'm ready to rock and roll when things go live.
Required hardware:
• K+DCAN cable + OTG USB adapter – it is strongly recommended to use cable/USB connection for the first unlock flashing procedure – WiFi connection may by not stable in the areas where signal is overloaded with other WiFi signals
• OBD II WiFi Dongle powered by THOR - THOR WiFi is the only dedicated adapter for MG flasher, as our app has been tested extensively with it.

Europe: www.bimmer-connect.com
US: www.bimmergeeks.net/cables

We recommend the tested K+DCAN Pro Cable from Bimmergeeks. Furthermore the, OTG USB adapter can be purchased from above sources along with K+DCAN cable or separate from Amazon or other suppliers. Make sure you purchase a good quality cable as some cables sold on the open market are of poor quality/design and could lead to complications during the flashing process.

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 01-23-2019 at 02:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 05:19 PM   #5
Dwhoz
Rep
Drives: F30 340i xdrive m sport

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 07:52 PM   #6
henkherrie
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2016 M140i

Waiting for the manual
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2019, 09:37 PM   #7
B58togo
Major
Rep
Drives: M240i

I thought the F Series used Enet, rather K+DCAN?
      01-16-2019, 05:21 PM   #8
henkherrie
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Will it be possible to use multimaps?

For example stock tune on Eco Pro or comfort and stage 1 tune on sport/sport+?

And a feature request: the option to disable the start/stop function (or remembering the last state of the button).
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 12:23 PM   #9
marcthedark
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240i xdrive Convertible

Bump it up .... waiting for tester input, transmission tune and a iOS Beta
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 12:30 PM   #10
henkherrie
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Looks like XHP will release their B58 tune somewhere around March/April.

We will have to wait till spring before flashing stage 2 it seems
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 10:27 AM   #11
Bavarian MW
lurker
Rep
Drives: 16 s1000r 17 M240i 18 340i

Thanks Jarek, looking forward to the release on Monday. And I do have a few questions after noticing this thread.

1) Do we need a custom OTS map from you if we want features like exhaust burble, DCAT, and cold start delete? Or are these options that we will choose through the MG Flasher App?

2) As you know, OEM programming already has exhaust burble with MPPSK in Sport mode (not in Comfort). How does the MG Flasher exhaust burble feature work differently in operation compared to MPPSK?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 10:32 AM   #12
henkherrie
Private
Netherlands
Rep

1) Those are options in the app.
2) Good question, would like to know that too.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 12:22 PM   #13
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian MW View Post
Thanks Jarek, looking forward to the release on Monday. And I do have a few questions after noticing this thread.

1) Do we need a custom OTS map from you if we want features like exhaust burble, DCAT, and cold start delete? Or are these options that we will choose through the MG Flasher App?

2) As you know, OEM programming already has exhaust burble with MPPSK in Sport mode (not in Comfort). How does the MG Flasher exhaust burble feature work differently in operation compared to MPPSK?

• All Beta testers will get active “custom flash” button where we can additionally implement to any OTS map options required as per your car config and request: MPPSK exhaust, D-cat, cold start delete etc.
  • MPPSK owners – OTS maps are designed to keep OEM MPPSK programming so when you flash ST2 or ST1 exhaust burble stays the same as factory
Additional options with Beta version are not active yet for end user – all features will be released in next version/update where you will be able to choose options you need and change them any time.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2019, 03:52 PM   #14
awilki0101
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

can't wait until Monday!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 01:36 PM   #15
henkherrie
Private
Netherlands
Rep

Tried to flash my car but the app keeps crashing when clicking the activate button...
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 04:02 PM   #16
awilki0101
First Lieutenant
Rep

About to head home to attempt. No resolution yet? Has it impacted car still able to run?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 04:12 PM   #17
henkherrie
Private
Netherlands
Rep

No, no problem.
It seems that my car (2016 M140i) has an older bootloader which isn't supported yet.

The guys of JR Auto are quick to respond! Within an hour after letting them know they asked for logs and soon after I sent them they knew what was going on.
Tomorrow I should know more (and probably be able to unlock the dme).
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 04:31 PM   #18
awilki0101
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkherrie View Post
No, no problem.
It seems that my car (2016 M140i) has an older bootloader which isn't supported yet.

The guys of JR Auto are quick to respond! Within an hour after letting them know they asked for logs and soon after I sent them they knew what was going on.
Tomorrow I should know more (and probably be able to unlock the dme).
Very good thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 05:28 PM   #19
awilki0101
First Lieutenant
Rep

The agony is killing me!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-28-2019, 09:23 PM   #20
awilki0101
First Lieutenant
Rep

Sooooo I got everything loaded tonight. Started the initial flash. I didn't want to sit in car for 40 minutes so I connected my tablet, buckled seat belt and with window down reached in and turned ignition on. After 40 looong minutes of waiting I could finally see the stages to flash. We had a very minor complication downloading the Stage 2 but Jarek was incredibly quick to respond to email and he was able to update the flash for my car and we downloaded. Gauges recalibrated and cold start deleted. Took for a quick ride. Waited for oil to warm up then gave a quick 0-60. Somehow I was able to break all the tires loose and fishtailed a bit in a x-drive. Never came close to that with JB4. It pulls VERY smooth and power seems to come on immediately and no sign of giving up in short sprint. Now I can't wait to drive some more and let it adapt and really open up. I will keep updating as I go and dyno scheduled. I can say I am incredibly happy so far and I feel I'm in good hands!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
BPAC30689.00
Rebound152.50
      01-28-2019, 10:04 PM   #21
BPAC306
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240I X

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilki0101 View Post
Sooooo I got everything loaded tonight. Started the initial flash. I didn't want to sit in car for 40 minutes so I connected my tablet, buckled seat belt and with window down reached in and turned ignition on. After 40 looong minutes of waiting I could finally see the stages to flash. We had a very minor complication downloading the Stage 2 but Jarek was incredibly quick to respond to email and he was able to update the flash for my car and we downloaded. Gauges recalibrated and cold start deleted. Took for a quick ride. Waited for oil to warm up then gave a quick 0-60. Somehow I was able to break all the tires loose and fishtailed a bit in a x-drive. Never came close to that with JB4. It pulls VERY smooth and power seems to come on immediately and no sign of giving up in short sprint. Now I can't wait to drive some more and let it adapt and really open up. I will keep updating as I go and dyno scheduled. I can say I am incredibly happy so far and I feel I'm in good hands!
Looking forward to the dyno! Do you have a stock downpipe?

12.3 @ 108 Stock
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2019, 10:11 PM   #22
awilki0101
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPAC306 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by awilki0101 View Post
Looking forward to the dyno! Do you have a stock downpipe?
BMS intake, ER catless downpipe. Rest of exhaust is stock
Appreciate 0