F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 9/10 HU theming and discussion
GetBMWParts

05-11-2020, 04:33 PM   #1
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Android 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 HU theming and customisation

This thread focuses on customisation of Android units discussed in Android 9, Android 10 and Android 11 / 12 / 13.

That means all the tools and methods listed in this thread will only work Android units running KSW firmware (that is Snapdragon 450/625/662/665/680).

If you want to chat with people you can also join the Automotive Android Headunit Discord channel.

Tools and guides

KswRedirect is a suite of apps to redirect default shortcuts. The following tiles can be redirected to any other: browser, dvr, file explorer, phonelink. More info here and all-in-on package can be found here.

KswOverlay for Android 8.1, 9, 10. This tool lets you compile main launcher overlay themed to your liking, more info here. For details on how to create your own theme and compile overlay apk please check this video guide.

Overlay guide that helps to identify individual images and strings.

Reworked overlay package for Android 10, 11 and 12 by smahel. This is updated installer prepared for all common overlays like BT, EQ, Launcher, Media, Music, Phone, Video. Thanks to smahel 's findings and work on the project, these no longer crash on A11 and A12 systems. You still have to populated that with your own resources (images and texts), this is just a core tool.

System overlay for Android 10 devices to get rid off the "Phone is starting..." message.

System overlay for Android 11/12/13 (not suitable for A10!) devices to get rid off the "Phone is starting..." message. Updated version by smahel.

Splash image tool allows you to create your own boot image - that method works only for Android 9 and 10 devices. How to guide can be found here.

BMW Accessories Configurator. If your car doesn't support ConnectedDrive and was built anytime between 2000-2010, you can use this tool to select your platform, paint job, wheels, details, interior etc and make your own graphics based on that.

Guide to create your own GUI

Video tutorial on how to create a custom boot animation and BMW stock animations.

UI problems caused by boot animation being too large.

Scrcpy for those of you how want to tinker with head unit on your desk, this is the app that allows you to display and control any Android device on your PC or Mac. For SD625 units it only works over WiFi but on older units it might work with USB A male to USB A male cable. A guide how to use it can be found here.

TL;DR

Here is what you need to install a theme:

1. A laptop or PC (Windows/Mac/Linux - doesn't matter). Your Android head unit and laptop/PC are on the same local network and can talk to each other.
2. KswOverlay project.
3. Java's JDK and JRE (linked in point 2).
4. A theme - if you decide to create a personalised car tile with your own car here are further requirements:
4a. Picture of your car.
4b. Photo editing tool like Photoshop or Gimp.

Now we have that sorted out, here is simplified procedure how to install:

1. Create your personalised "car tile"... or not.
2. Copy theme files to \KswOverlay-master\resources.
3. Compile your apk.
4. Make sure your laptop or PC are on the same local network as your Android HU.
5. Find out what is the IP address of Android unit.
6. Install overlay (script included).
7. Enable overlay with adb command.
8. You are done.

Once overlay is installed and running, you can always compile new apk with different graphics, copy it to a USB drive in simply install it on your Android unit - no need for laptop/PC again.

When new version of Android OS comes out and you decide to install it, then you have to repeat this procedure to upload and enable overlays (themes) again.

Understanding Android boot up sequence and preparing files for your animation:

Android boot up is split into two parts: first you would be presented with a splash image – a static image that is shown before the animation starts. Then there is the animation itself.

Preparing splash.img (Android 9 and 10 only) file:
1. If you want to have a smooth transition between splash image and boot animation you would typically use the first frame (image) of your boot animation and convert it to splash.img. This is not necessary as you can use any image you want.
2. If you don’t want to use the first image of your boot animation, it is important that your splash image is the same resolution as your screen.
3. Use splash image tool to convert your image to splash.img

Android 11 uses imagefv.elf files for boot logos and we do not have the tool to create these.
Android 12 and 13 use imagefv.bmp and everyone can make it using Ms Pain under Windows 11 (previous versions don't work for some reason).

Understanding and preparing bootanmiation.zip file:
Here I won't cover how to actually make your own animation (this is explained in a video linked above) but rather explain how to prepare files for installation. Just remember that it doesn't matter if images are jpg or png, what matters is that the size of complete animation doesn't exceed 20MB.

1. Boot animation file consists of 2 elements: folder(s) ( part0 part1 … partn ) where images are contained and description file ( desc.txt ) telling Android how to play animation.
2. Each folder contain a set of images that are being played out. A typical animation consists of 2 folders part0 and part1. In this case part0 would contain the main animation (set of images) and part1 only 1 image acting as a final step before the booting sequence is complete.
3. For all of this to play out you need a description file. There are 2 elements to the description file: declaration of resolution and frame rate at which animation is to be played out, and information on how to play each folder. Here is an example:

1920 720 25
c 1 0 part0
p 75 0 part1

1920 720 25 is declaration of screen width x height x fps
Then there is declaration of: type of playback , how many times , delay , path
- c stands for play in full
- p stands for play but once boot sequence is complete, interrupt (finish) playback
- first number stands for how many times this sequence is to be played
- second number is the delay between playback starts
- and finally the last part is the path of files to be played.

So taking apart this example we have the following:
Animation is 1920x720p at 25fps
Play in full part0 images only once (1) with 0 delay
Then play 75 times (assuming only 1 image is located the folder - 75 frames / 25 fps = 3 sec) part1 but stop it as soon as boot sequence is complete

4. Once all folders and desc.txt files are ready, use the 7zip program to put your files in a zipped folder. It is important that you select compression level store, meaning files are contained in the zip file and not compressed at all.
5. Create an OEM folder in the root of your USB stick.
6. Move bootanimation.zip and boot logo (splash.img, imagefv.elf or imagefv.bmp) files to the OEM folder.
7. Plug in a USB stick to your HU and wait for a confirmation message.
8. Done.

Hope this is clear as mud now

Last edited by RedErik; 02-16-2024 at 05:01 AM..
Appreciate 12
Kri1080.50
akirax30.50
Mjam133.50
roma324.50
Luper5258.50
      05-11-2020, 04:34 PM   #2
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Themes

IMPORTANT NOTE
Some of us here are able to provide customised themes for you guys. If you decide to approach any of the designers here, please bear in mind that this is all possible thanks to nicholaschum hard work and no one should profit from that. Artist should be compensated for their work but if you are being charged more than 10€ / £10 / 10$ for a "copy/paste" job (one design sold multiple times) you should be refunded what you've paid extra. Individually made themes do not fall into that bracket - please apply common sense.

ID7 theme (KswPLauncher) by myself Updated: 24.05.2020

Example of a custom design

ID7 Media Player (KswPMedia) theme by myself Updated: 18.05.2020

ID6 GS theme (KswPLauncher) by kri

Last edited by RedErik; 07-22-2021 at 03:36 AM..
Appreciate 6
      05-11-2020, 04:38 PM   #3
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Community made Apps

Drive keyboard was developed to help with keyboard inputs on automotive Android headunits. It supports rotary controller found in many modern cars allowing for character input without the need for touching the screen or in a conventional way with QWERTY style keyboard and touch inputs.

FlowUX Synesthesia custom launcher by nicholaschum

Car Radio - The ultimate radio experience. Built to seamlessly match your car. Developed by Jellepepe.

ID7 Launcher - Modern and highly customisable launcher developed by Jellepepe.

KSW-ToolKit 2 - A powerful customisation tool for all KSW units developed by Frankly30 (Snaggle).

Custom iDrive launcher CIC/NBT style.

KswX Dashboard - Standalone custom dashboard app. It is not a replacement for the existing dashboard - this is a standalone app that you have to launch from your app drawer.
IMPORTANT Development of this app has stopped. If you have any issues, this won't get fixed. If you wish to contribute to the project, here is the source.
daschacka Original coding
Frankly30 Self adb implementation and some tweaks
RedErik Custom graphics

Original post

Last edited by RedErik; 02-20-2024 at 05:17 AM..
Appreciate 6
      05-11-2020, 04:41 PM   #4
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Boot animations and splash images

Universal boot animations along with splash images for 1280x480 and 1920x720 units.

Boot logos:
Android 9 and 10 use splash.img and the tool is linked in the first post.
Android 11 uses imagefv.elf unfortunately due to the nature of these files we do not have the tool to create them.
Android 12 and 13 use imagefv.bmp and everyone can make it using Ms Pain under Windows 11 (previous versions don't work for some reason).

How to install on SD425/450/625/662/665:
1. Create an OEM folder in the root directory of your SD card/USB stick
2. Copy both bootanimation.zip and boot logo (splash.img, imagefv.elf or imagefv.bmp) to the OEM folder
3. Plug in to your Android unit
4. Wait for confirmation of successful installation
5. Reboot and enjoy

How to remove boot animation from SD425/450/625/662/665 unit:
1. Create OEM folder in the root directory of your SD card/USB stick
2. Create an empty bootanimation_clear.zip file and move it to the OEM folder
3. Plug in to your Android unit and wait

Thanks to VincentZ4 for providing installation instructions for PX6 units and 3bl for providing additional steps in case you encounter any isses.

How to install on PX6:

Splash image / Boot logo
- Create 1280x480 image
- Save image as logo.bmp
- Create OEM folder on your USB drive
- Copy logo.bmp to the OEM folder
- Turn the device off
- Wait 15 sec
- Plug the USB in
- Let the system start
- Reboot

Bootanimation.zip
On PX6, you will need to run ADB on your PC/laptopt
There are 4 steps to follow:

STEP 1: create bootanimation.zip
bootanimation.zip is a set of files as described here: https://android.googlesource.com/pla...tion/FORMAT.md

One thing to know, in the desc.txt, the last txt line is empty :
-- beginning of file --
1280 480 25
p 1 0 part0
p 0 0 part1

-- end of file --

Step 2: enable ADB WiFi
- connect the HU and computer to the same WiFi network
- go to Developer Settings: -> enable USB debug.
- install Terminal Emulator on your HU
- run HU Terminal Emulator and enter following commands:

Code:
setprop persist.adb.tcp.port 5555
setprop sys.rkadb.root 1
reboot
After the reboot launch Terminal Emulator on your HU and enter:

Code:
ifconfig wlan0
this will show the current IP address of the HU

Then continue on your PC:

Code:
adb connect xxx.xxx.x.x:5555
(IP address from the previous step)
Code:
adb root
adb disable-verity
adb reboot
After reboot check the IP address again (just to be sure)

Code:
adb connect xxx.xxx.x.x:5555
(IP address from the previous step)
Code:
adb root
adb remount
Put the bootanimation.zip in the root of your USB.
Move USB stick to your Android unit

Code:
adb shell cp /storage/usb_storage/bootanimation.zip /system/media
adb shell cp /storage/usb_storage/bootanimation.zip /data/local
adb shell chmod 644 /system/media/bootanimation.zip
adb shell chmod 644 /data/local/bootanimation.zip
adb shell chmod 755 /system/media
adb reboot
If you get "Read-only" message when you try to copy, that means something wasn't done correctly in one of the previous steps.
You may need to reconnect after each "adb root" command.
You should see the animation now !

NBT boot animation - demo video

NBT EVO boot animation - demo video

NBT M boot animation - demo video

Universal 1 boot animation - demo video
Splash image thanks to mbonus

Universal 2 boot animation - demo video

Ask me for custom made boot animation with your exact car and welcome text - see my work on YouTube

Last edited by RedErik; 11-16-2023 at 10:04 AM..
      05-11-2020, 05:10 PM   #5
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Tasker projects

Thanks to VincentZ4 for detailed documentation of KSW API, commands and events for Tasker.
Quote:
For my tasker project, I needed to find out Events & Commands.
The Android system is communicating with the car through MCU using the serial port. I needed to decode messages sent/received by/from my Android 9.0 HU to be able to control it. Everything is described in EventCenter APK but it is a bit hard to read raw java code.

I have put everything in a kind of API "dictionary" in which I have tried to summarize my thoughts & research.
So, I have tried to describe every Command in a more understandable way than just raw java code. I have also described logcat Events I have found interesting for my usage in Tasker.

This doc content is working with my BMW car, but there are still some unknown functions.
Cartype in Android 9.0 settings: 6 F1X(2011-2012) CIC 8.8/10.25inch.
For other cars, the main difference is mainly in the checkSum formula, described in EventService.java, format used to communicate with MCU.

Enjoy !
Thanks to Gentleside for providing his Tasker projects:
Quote:
I want to present you 2 Tasker projects. These projects are very beta and could be unstable, so sorry for that. They have the version-numbers 0.x.
X=the day I decide to release it to you, in this case: 200521
Should I reach my first milestone, Versions 1.x, I would decide to release a documentation for them. Till then, I hope you give me some feedback what I could implement or what I could do better. At this point I have to thank kri for his Maps-project and his knowledge what inspired and helped me much. My projects are harmonising with his maps-project very well.
But now... the projects and what are the system requirements.
You need:
-root on your Android Headunit
-Tasker App from Google Playstore (paid)
-Touchtask plugin from Google Playstore
-Auto input from Google Playstore (paid)

Autostart v0.200521
-Autostarts the Blitzer.de App; fix the Soundbug (low Volume) by starting BT Interface and get back to Main Menu; Starts the last used Media Player and autoplay the last Music. (Spotify, Poweramp, Audials, Audible, Google Play Music, Amazon Music, Android Auto Native, Headunit Reloaded etc).

Idrive Mediaknob v0.200521
-Because I only have an old 2-Button Idrive in my E61, I'm lack of buttons and have to automate and customise the Knob for some situation/apps.
With this project you can use the knob in some media players as follows:
↑ =play/pause
← =backskip
→ =skip

benifit for Headunit Reloaded users:
↓ =switch interface between Maps view and actual (Android Auto supported) Mediaplayer view.
In Maps View you can benifit from kri 's Maps projects rotate right and left for zooming in and out, in case you have his project active in Tasker.

Now feel free to test out the projects, give some feedback, or use the projects to enhance them with your ideas and knowledge. But give us a chance to get a piece from your cake

Updates

Autostart Update: - > v1.200606 / I rebuilt it completely, so version is 1.x / paid Plugin "Auto input" is not longer needed! / Root is perhaps not longer needed, but I need someone to test who have a non-rooted device.

iDrive Mediaknob Update: - > v1.200606 / Made some changes to fit it to the new Autostart Update, so the version number is the same.

NEW: even works very good in iDrive Launcher and partly in ksw-launcher (id6).
This project needs the Autostarter to run properly!(edited)

New project: ok Google Voiceactivation v0.200606 / As mentioned a few days ago, with this small project you can activate ok Google via Voicekey on your steering wheel. For me it's working, because I had to unplug my BT MULF because it has malfunctions.
Thanks to Pondaire for providing his Tasker projects.
Quote:
Just as a reminder of the tasks...
Maps:
For the times I don't feel like using my hotspot, I make it so Waze closes it if it was already open and the Maps.ME is launched with the press of the navigation button in the steering wheel. If the button is pressed again, it closes Maps.ME and opens up Waze and so on and so forth.

Next, Previous Song:
What the name indicates. It uses the steering wheel radio button. This way I don't have to start the Music app to get these features.

Device Boot:
I use hotspot from my phone and whenever I get in the car it automatically activates (with tasker). For some reason, the android head unit WIFI does not refresh/scan that often, so this task forces a rescan every 2-5 seconds until it connects to the hotspot.
Again, for some strange reason, the internet entirely dies every now and then even though the hotspot is working and my phone has 4G/LTE. So the way I fix this is by pinging Google's servers every few seconds to make sure the connection hasn't died. If the ping does not work (all 5 packages lost), I turn off and on the WIFI. Once the connection comes back up, it works again.

Pause Song:
If the steering wheel radio button is pressed once, it pauses/plays the song. If it is pressed again within 2 seconds, it also turns off the display completely.

Last edited by RedErik; 07-07-2020 at 10:05 AM..
Appreciate 4
rytec2.50
fe7565519.50
      05-11-2020, 05:55 PM   #6
floc
Second Lieutenant
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
2017 F87 M2  [0.00]
since we're talking about themes, here is my M splashboot image

Just rename attached .pdf to .img
Attached Images
File Type: pdf splash.pdf (948.3 KB, 2888 views)
Appreciate 4
      05-13-2020, 10:39 PM   #7
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

Hello guy`s,

I created a All-In-One Package for KSWRedirect to do the setup more easily.

The Download can be found on Github-KswAIO , just click on "clone or download" and extract the package.

You Just need to enter your devices IP Adress (without 5555) and select the number of the app you want to replace
When replacing ES-Explorer it will also install DocumentsUI to not end without any filebrowser on the Headunit.

For now this only will work with Snapdragon Headunits.

Name:  kswaio1.JPG
Views: 76722
Size:  24.4 KB
Name:  kswaio2.JPG
Views: 77069
Size:  39.6 KB

Kri

Last edited by Kri; 05-13-2020 at 10:50 PM..
Appreciate 5
RedErik1005.50
Stainy251.50
F20_M135i100.50
      05-13-2020, 10:49 PM   #8
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

I also created a Installer for KSW-Overlay.

The Installer is within the Github-KSW-Overlay repository and called kswoverlay-installer_windows.bat.

As doing adb commands on very fast machines or when wireless network connection may cause troubles alot of waiting times have been added.
Also there is no need to manually resume the script anymore, it will do the reboots for you and waits until is online again.

You also need to only enter the IP-Adress without 5555.

This will work for Snapdragon and PX6 Headunits.

Name:  ksw1.jpg
Views: 73840
Size:  71.8 KB
Name:  ksw2.jpg
Views: 73966
Size:  80.4 KB

Kri

Last edited by Kri; 09-07-2020 at 08:48 AM..
Appreciate 3
RedErik1005.50
Stainy251.50
      05-14-2020, 04:55 AM   #9
kenza750
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 525d E61

First of all: nice topic and thnx for the good work!!
I found this topic from following the Android 10 HU topic.

I want to change the car picture on my ID7-theme. I managed to get a picture of my car from the Car Configurator tool, but now I am facing difficulties in putting this picture in. Within ID7, the car and background are 1 picture (without layer).

Can someone help to put the picture of my car onto the ID7 standard background (black with some red ++). Tried a lot of hours in GIMP/Photoshop but I can not get a nice picture with transparent background out of the E61-image

Attached:
1. picture of my car from the Configurator (E61; saphire black; M-pack; M135 Wheels).
2. edited picture by myself (removed the licence plate)
3. picture of the current ID7-car (took from KSW drawable-mdpi-v4 folder)

I have a CCC SD625 unit by the way.
Attached Images

Last edited by kenza750; 05-14-2020 at 04:59 AM.. Reason: add attachment
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 05:56 AM   #10
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenza750 View Post
Can someone help to put the picture of my car onto the ID7 standard background (black with some red ++). Tried a lot of hours in GIMP/Photoshop but I can not get a nice picture with transparent background out of the E61-image
In my theme I have provided a blank template for dropping in your car. I takes some patience and attention to detail to clear up a car picture.

This is as far as I can help you with that. If you want a different background you have to make it yourself.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
Kri1080.50
rytec2.50
      05-14-2020, 06:16 AM   #11
kenza750
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep

Wauw, RedErik, excellent. How did you manage that??

I managed to get the original backgound (with the red ++) by copying the top part downwards so I will try to use that one to match the rest of the backgrounds of standard ID7.

Many thanks again!!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 06:22 AM   #12
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Magic Smoke and mirrors
Appreciate 1
rytec2.50
      05-14-2020, 06:23 AM   #13
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:

I managed to get the original backgound (with the red ++) by copying the top part downwards so I will try to use that one to match the rest of the backgrounds of standard ID7.

Many thanks again!!
The car image at the unit is without background, you should NOT try to create your car image with background.

Use the original car file of kswplauncher (not a screenshot of it) and modify this.

EDIT: was wrong, backround is with car image at ID7.

Kri

Last edited by Kri; 05-14-2020 at 06:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 06:28 AM   #14
kenza750
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
The car image at the unit is without background, you should NOT try to create your car image with background.

Use the original car file (not a screenshot of it) and modify this.

Kri

The original file of the car is with background as far as I can see. (see screenshot of the files)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 06:29 AM   #15
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
The car image at the unit is without background

Kri
What do you mean Kri? Both id7_btn_car.png and id7_btn_car2.png images are with background. Or am I missing something?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 06:44 AM   #16
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
What do you mean Kri? Both id7_btn_car.png and id7_btn_car2.png images are with background. Or am I missing something?
Sorry, i mixed it up it`s at a differen GUI, i thought it is also on ID7, my fault ^^

Kri
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2020, 06:48 AM   #17
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Sorry, i mixed it up it`s at a differen GUI, i thought it is also on ID7, my fault ^^

Kri
All is forgiven
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 05:28 AM   #18
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Are there images for DAB in these themes?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 05:46 AM   #19
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post
Are there images for DAB in these themes?
I didn't touch DAB at all in my ID7 theme.

Edit: Is that even part of the launcher or a separate app? It's a separate app isn't it?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 07:04 AM   #20
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
Edit: Is that even part of the launcher or a separate app? It's a separate app isn't it?
It's a separate app, but I have a vague memory of a DAB Tile in earlier launcher versions. Many of us have for a long time used the DVD Tile to launch DAB. Now with theme capabilities we can also update the image, and with DAB being so common, I was hoping a DAB image could be included with the themes.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 07:50 AM   #21
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
It's a separate app, but I have a vague memory of a DAB Tile in earlier launcher versions. Many of us have for a long time used the DVD Tile to launch DAB. Now with theme capabilities we can also update the image, and with DAB being so common, I was hoping a DAB image could be included with the themes.
I'm afraid it's not included, sorry. This is not even part of ID7 theme, rather it would be within ID6 which I didn't do at all. I might do ID6 theme in the future that would have DAB tile, but I have no immediate plans... first I need to finish 3D models, sorry
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2020, 09:03 AM   #22
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep

Quote:
ID7 does not support changing apps of the large tile, the older systems (ID5/ID6) hat alot more tiles where lot`s of apps can be changed.
At ID7 you can only change the function of the small "Music" icon.

If you want to have an DAB+ Tile working you need to use other GUI`s like ID5, ID6, Common_UI_GS or Common_UI_GS_UG

To have a better overview you can find images of the default GUI`s here.
Kri
Appreciate 0