E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Speaker upgrade for 08 335

10-26-2008, 01:31 PM   #1
mpartric
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

Speaker upgrade for 08 335

I bought this car off the lot and didn't pay too much attention to the options beyond the engine, manual transmission and sport package. So, I think but am not 100% sure that it has the sound upgrade package. Is this "Logic 7"? it doesn't say that anywhere in the documentation but the window sticker says something to the effect of "premium stereo." I'm looking to upgrade the speakers and don't want to use BSW upgrade package. The tweeters and the 4s in the front and rear doors are easy; looking at the threads on this forum it seems SWS8 is the way to go to replace the subs under the seats; what about the speaker in the middle of the front dash and the two just behind the backseat headrests? what size are those? Thanks in advance.

BTW I am also planning on recessing a garmin or some such device inside the ashtray so I could close the door over the top of it and have it continue to look stock. Anyone else tried this?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 08:54 AM   #2
JoeyFiasco
Major
Rep
Drives: '09 Coupe

Logic 7 is standard on 2008's 335 coupes, I'm assuming it's the same on the sedan. the speakers should all be the same size (4") except the underseats obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpartric View Post
I bought this car off the lot and didn't pay too much attention to the options beyond the engine, manual transmission and sport package. So, I think but am not 100% sure that it has the sound upgrade package. Is this "Logic 7"? it doesn't say that anywhere in the documentation but the window sticker says something to the effect of "premium stereo." I'm looking to upgrade the speakers and don't want to use BSW upgrade package. The tweeters and the 4s in the front and rear doors are easy; looking at the threads on this forum it seems SWS8 is the way to go to replace the subs under the seats; what about the speaker in the middle of the front dash and the two just behind the backseat headrests? what size are those? Thanks in advance.

BTW I am also planning on recessing a garmin or some such device inside the ashtray so I could close the door over the top of it and have it continue to look stock. Anyone else tried this?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2008, 09:43 AM   #3
Halston@bsw
Rep
Drives: 99 M3 - 89 325i - 86 535i

Might I ask why you are against our upgrade? It really does work and the ease of install makes it great! If there are questions or concerns I can address I would be happy to.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2008, 10:38 AM   #4
mpartric
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan

it's not that I don't like BSW...my friend had them in an E46 and loved them. I am just thinking of upgrading as far as I can go...replacing amps, speakers, using factory headunit adapter, etc. I would recommend BSW speaker upgrade kit for anyone who just wants to swap out the speakers b/c I would guess that they are voice matched and appropriately tuned with the BMW factory amplifier...I already have the amplifier and am looking for component speakers with crossoves, replacement low profile 8 subs. Does BSW sell just the replacement subs separately from the rest of the kit? I would be interested in that.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2008, 11:29 AM   #5
rubber_ducky
Colonel
Rep
Drives: roach coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halston@bsw View Post
Might I ask why you are against our upgrade? It really does work and the ease of install makes it great! If there are questions or concerns I can address I would be happy to.
He has an 08 335, which means he has logic 7. That said, do you guys even have anything for him?
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #6
Halston@bsw
Rep

I understand where you are coming from

We do not offer a drop in subwoofer upgrade at this time.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2008, 12:34 PM   #7
Halston@bsw
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber_ducky View Post
He has an 08 335, which means he has logic 7. That said, do you guys even have anything for him?
If it is a Sedan than we do. If it is a coupe or vert we will have something very soon. The systems are the same minus offset mounts, flush mounts etc.
Appreciate 0