VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Supersprint exhaust for 2021 BMW G80/2 M3/4

Quote:
We focused on the power-making parts of the exhaust, as the real performance gains and sound improvements are always on top of our priorites.

This means, we designed downpipes, and the front section as the initial R&D step, making them compatible with the factory rear muffler; both the std version and the M Performance one.

Reason is, the BMW factory rear muffler is as free flowing as it can be, when in the open valve mode, which leaves no hp on the table.

Opposite to that, the front section of the stock exhaust is overly restrictive, now more than ever, due to the stringent emission regulations.

With 4 distinct catalytics, and 2 OPF filters built within, the oem exhaust is chocking the exhaust so bad, that BMW had to install an engine sound enhancing system within the loudspeakers.

The Supersprint exhaust will put an end to all that, letting the S58 3.0L twin turbo engine finally breath free, and be heard from afar.
https://www.supersprint.com/ww-en/bm...0-hp-2021.aspx
Appreciate 3
barryc3651956.00
somer966.00
m20e30871150.00
      07-23-2021, 09:42 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Sub'd

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2021, 10:41 PM   #3
barryc365
Major
Rep
Drives: BMWM3

This looks interesting. If this can be added with no CEL I'd be very interested. I hope it's priced competitively. I had an SS race Center section and rear muffler on my e36 and it was fantastic
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 01:17 AM   #4
BzsBimmer
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 FO M3, M3 & MY Tezzy's

Likewise I had full SS kit with headers on my e46 M3 and it was wicked. Missed the f8x generation.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 02:52 AM   #5
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryc365 View Post
This looks interesting. If this can be added with no CEL I'd be very interested. I hope it's priced competitively. I had an SS race Center section and rear muffler on my e36 and it was fantastic
No CEL for US cars, with this setup you replace the secondary cats and the dual mid resonators with a straight pipe + H pipe, leaving the primary cats in place.
EU cars have the damn OPFs instead of the first mid resonator and replacing it would cause CEL.
Appreciate 2
      07-24-2021, 06:46 AM   #6
m20e3087
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Price?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 07:16 AM   #7
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:
Originally Posted by m20e3087 View Post
Price?
Yes please
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2021, 07:39 AM   #8
ROBERT1183
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M3 DRAVIT GREY 6SPEED

Looks great. Would love to hear it.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 06:22 AM   #9
barryc365
Major
Rep

Has anyone heard back from them? I emailed them but no reply

Edit: they literally just got back to me. Prices are up. Lots of the prices are priced individually but I think they will do a discount price on a full system or multiple pieces from what I'm gathering

The 'race' muffler is pretty cheap! I wonder if it would be obnoxious or what's the difference? I put a SS race Center section on my e36 M3 and it was perfectly fine for road use
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 10:23 AM   #10
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Quote:

Edit: they literally just got back to me. Prices are up. Lots of the prices are priced individually but I think they will do a discount price on a full system or multiple pieces from what I'm gathering

The 'race' muffler is pretty cheap! I wonder if it would be obnoxious or what's the difference? I put a SS race Center section on my e36 M3 and it was perfectly fine for road use
I can tell you that a straight midpipe coupled with a free flowing exhaust will cause a SERIOUS amount of racket on startup.

My car also droned really bad when I had left the valves open full time.

So I would suggest getting the midpipe and leaving the factory muffler since this setup sounds pretty immaculate to be honest.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 10:25 AM   #11
barryc365
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentMeister View Post
Quote:

I can tell you that a straight midpipe coupled with a free flowing exhaust will cause a SERIOUS amount of racket on startup.

So I would suggest getting the midpipe and leaving the factory muffler since this setup sounds pretty immaculate to be honest.
Thanks, they seem to sell the mid pipe in multiple configurations.

You can have it straight piped in that section, or resonated, and H pipe is an optional extra.

Decisions, Decisions!

No intention of messing with the rear muffler. I was on the fence between cutting out the resonators or buying a mid pipe off the shelf. I'm leaning towards buying a Mid pipe/H pipe and putting the original parts in storage rather then chop them up
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 10:25 AM   #12
Patton250
Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW X3,M5,Turbo S

Quote:

So you mean something like this?

https://precision-sport.com/collecti...39342120501311
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 02:32 PM   #13
Wamion117
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G82 M4C

Quote:
Quote:

The drone was bad with the valve unplugged? What's your setup now and how do you like it?
      07-27-2021, 03:03 PM   #14
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wamion117 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

The drone was bad with the valve unplugged? What's your setup now and how do you like it?
So currently my midpipe has the secondary cats deleted as well as both resonators out with an x pipe in their place.

It sounds amazing when the valves are completely opened aside from a few scenarios:

-driving slowly with girlfriend it drones at low rpm and sounds like a boat

- start up is insanely loud

-on the highway in 7 and 8 going up inclines it makes a deep drone

None of those problems persist with the valves fully functioning and it sounds epic if you ask me.

People tell me it sounds really good on the outside as well.

I paid 400 total for my setup.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 03:05 PM   #15
Wamion117
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So currently my midpipe has the secondary cats deleted as well as both resonators out with an x pipe in their place.

It sounds amazing when the valves are completely opened aside from a few scenarios:

-on the highway in 7 and 8 on inclines it makes a deep drone

None of those problems persist with the valves fully functioning and it sounds epic if you ask me.

Are the mentions of drone all occurring with the valve closed? Or only in the open state? Also did you bring it in for a service after you had it done? (Curious if service rep made a stink)
      07-27-2021, 03:09 PM   #16
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Are the mentions of drone all occurring with the valve closed? Or only in the open state? Also did you bring it in for a service after you had it done? (Curious if service rep made a stink)
I haven't been in since I did the secondary cats so we'll see.

Zero drone issues with the valves functioning as bmw intended.

And total quiet in efficient only slightly deeper.

I never had any problems with my m2c that had the AA mid with the secondary cats out so let's hope that's an indication for this cars future.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2021, 03:11 PM   #17
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton250 View Post
Quote:

So you mean something like this?

https://precision-sport.com/collecti...39342120501311
Yeah that'll sound excellent
Appreciate 1
Patton2502939.50
      07-27-2021, 03:11 PM   #18
Wamion117
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I never had any problems with my m2c that had the AA mid with the secondary cats out so let's hope that's an indication for this cars future.
That's helpful thank you

I'm paranoid about my warranty and reversibility for resale

I just wish they made the fucking MPE without that Honda Civic design…outrageous!!!
      07-27-2021, 03:13 PM   #19
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's helpful thank you

I'm paranoid about my warranty and reversibility for resale

I just wish they made the fucking MPE without that Honda Civic design…outrageous!!!
All the stuff I did can be reversed for the same price.

The warranty on the other hand is a bit of a grey area.

Yeah it's a pretty wild design, I've heard rumors that there'll be a standard design as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 08:51 AM   #20
barryc365
Major
Rep

I'm honing in on a purchase of this mid pipe. Just trying to get an estimate on delivery before pulling the trigger.

They're offering a nice discount for the first 30 orders…
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 10:13 PM   #21
m20e3087
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
I'm honing in on a purchase of this mid pipe. Just trying to get an estimate on delivery before pulling the trigger.

So the total is coming out to be 1800-2000 euros? I am just worried that several clams is needed since this one is like lego pieces.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 05:53 PM   #22
barryc365
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m20e3087 View Post
Quote:

So the total is coming out to be 1800-2000 euros? I am just worried that several clams is needed since this one is like lego pieces.
For the mid pipe / x-pipe?

More like 1200 euro plus 200 shipping so 1400 I was thinking. Not far off the $1800 quoted by some other companies more locally even with the discount I guess

I think that was including the clamps to retain the valve to be able to turn the noise up/ down?

I didn't want to cut the OEM set up but maybe it isn't much different getting a Customized set up done locally for a decent amount less and much quicker
Appreciate 0