10-04-2021, 10:36 AM   #1
safridi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2/2018 Focus RS

Tinny Rattle

Guys

I get this annoying rattle or "tinny" vibration when the car is in sport plus with everything open. It happens when i go above 3.5-4k and it sounds like it comes from the passenger side tweeter speaker or somewhere in that general area. Maybe even glovebox. Its just really annoying. if i switch to normal mode it disappears. This makes me think it might have to do with the "fake" sound?….any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Appreciate 1
CSahel202.50
      10-05-2021, 12:26 AM   #2
TedRules
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW's and Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by safridi View Post
Guys

I get this annoying rattle or "tinny" vibration when the car is in sport plus with everything open. It happens when i go above 3.5-4k and it sounds like it comes from the passenger side tweeter speaker or somewhere in that general area. Maybe even glovebox. Its just really annoying. if i switch to normal mode it disappears. This makes me think it might have to do with the "fake" sound?….any suggestions or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
This was happening to my car. It seems to have subsided with a reprogramming of some bass module, or something along those lines. The RO is in my desk at the office. I will get it and update this thread with the tech notes.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 03:45 PM   #3
safridi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2/2018 Focus RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedRules View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by safridi View Post
Guys

Thanks
This was happening to my car. It seems to have subsided with a reprogramming of some bass module, or something along those lines. The RO is in my desk at the office. I will get it and update this thread with the tech notes.
thank you so much. Please let me know.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2021, 03:56 PM   #4
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Mine was doing that for a while. Completely stopped for the last 2-3k miles
Appreciate 0