BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

11-29-2021, 11:29 AM   #1
jay73
Rep
Drives: NA

Question about rear bumper

Hi Everyone,

First time posting here.

My wife and I recently test drove a 230i and we really liked it. We are considering getting this vehicle in the near future, hopefully. The car would be for her.

The particular trim that we looked at only had the Convenience Package. I realize now that when we finally get around to getting one, I want to make sure it at least has the Premium Package so that we have the nicer headlights.

Anyways, I noticed the back bumper had a black plastic piece on the lower part of the bumper and it was not the same body color or glossy black as I have seen in some pics.

I am still researching and learning more about the 230i so I am not entirely sure which package provides the glossy black bumper versus the basic plastic looking bumper?

Would that be the Shadowline Add-On or would that come with either the M-Sport Package or the Premium Package?

Are there any other options? For example, does BMW offer any accessory that you can add-on to replace that plastic pieces? Is it even replaceable or you have to replace the whole rear bumper?

That is the only part that I didn't care much for besides the basic headlights that was on the particular car that we test drove and what I mean by basic headlights is that it was not the Adaptive Headlights with the nice Daytime Running Lights.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to soon join the BMW Family.

Thanks

Jay
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-29-2021, 12:01 PM   #2
CDN-Driver
Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2023 Porsche 718 Cayman

With the 230i you choose between Sport Line, or M Sport.

Playing with the configurator is a good place to start:

https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-ow...molxxrz/design

In these pics the Top Thundernight car is M Sport.
The shiny Black diffusers are M240i models.
M240i also has different exhaust as shown below
Attached Images

11-29-2021, 12:08 PM   #3
Polot
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 230i, Volvo S60

The M-sport package on the 230i gives the same front and rear bumpers as on the M240i, except the rear bumper (and side skirts maybe?) are more of a glossy grey than gloss black, as you can see in the purple car posted above.

I’m not sure if the shadow line package (which is only available with the M-sport package on the 230i) changes those to gloss black like the M240i. If you wanted it gloss black you could probably get that section vinyl wrapped at any reputable shop.

Last edited by Polot; 11-29-2021 at 12:14 PM..
Appreciate 1
      11-29-2021, 12:19 PM   #4
jay73
Rep
Drives: NA

Thanks for the feedback.

So, looks like we would need to get the M-Sport Line to acquire a better looking rear end and the Premium Package to get the nicer headlights.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 11:40 AM   #5
karlkir5
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 435d X-drive

Does anyone know more information about rear bumpers?

I really like the one from the first post. Looks much better to my eyes than the M240i rear one.

Now on the configurators, I cannot find them on any models. Is that correct that BMW that design was first seen on press images on 220i?

Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 11:52 AM   #6
Cklam1209
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlkir5 View Post
Does anyone know more information about rear bumpers?

I really like the one from the first post. Looks much better to my eyes than the M240i rear one.

Now on the configurators, I cannot find them on any models. Is that correct that BMW that design was first seen on press images on 220i?

This is only on 230 without M sport package, but i still think 240i or 230 with M package have rear look better than this
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 12:02 PM   #7
Cklam1209
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 230i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay73 View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

So, looks like we would need to get the M-Sport Line to acquire a better looking rear end and the Premium Package to get the nicer headlights.
My opinion, u should get one more shadow line (and remove Sunroof if u cant afford more) because it not just came with shadow line as u know it included Red/Blue calipers, that make your car so much better (and brake better too) with a decent price. Red/Blue calipers like u wear a Watch, its small option but pop up
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 10:25 PM   #8
redcars
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 228xi

I like it too, but wish it was body color instead of the black.
Appreciate 0