BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
home
BMW 2 Series Forums (G42) G42 2-Series General Topics

12-11-2021, 06:19 PM   #1
yabo2c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 m4 competition (soon)

Stuck on Quality Check - Questions Answered!

Hey Everyone!

I submitted my build for the M240i on 9/30 and received a production number that day. My build is fully loaded with all the options for reference. So far it has been built very slowly, only entering production mid November but now...

My car has been stuck on Quality Check for the past 3 weeks. I asked a few times from my dealer and they responded saying they are not sure why it is stuck in that stage. I just called a BMW Genius and they gave me the run down on what was going on.

The car is stuck in quality check because they are waiting for a part that is needed for the car but is not an additional option. So they are not sure when it will be pushed a long the production line due to that part.

They gave me a date that they can escalate the request to the factory to get an idea of what is going on which is December 30th. So hopefully by then the car will move along but I am not too hopeful for that.

I just wanted to give others who are stuck on quality check an idea of what was going on.
Appreciate 3
DSTR1241.00
yanks1484.00
      12-12-2021, 12:19 AM   #2
randomusername
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW m240i (in production)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabo2c View Post
Hey Everyone!

I submitted my build for the M240i on 9/30 and received a production number that day. My build is fully loaded with all the options for reference. So far it has been built very slowly, only entering production mid November but now...

My car has been stuck on Quality Check for the past 3 weeks. I asked a few times from my dealer and they responded saying they are not sure why it is stuck in that stage. I just called a BMW Genius and they gave me the run down on what was going on.

The car is stuck in quality check because they are waiting for a part that is needed for the car but is not an additional option. So they are not sure when it will be pushed a long the production line due to that part.

They gave me a date that they can escalate the request to the factory to get an idea of what is going on which is December 30th. So hopefully by then the car will move along but I am not too hopeful for that.

I just wanted to give others who are stuck on quality check an idea of what was going on.
Thank you for this. I've been stuck in QC since 11/12
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2021, 05:14 AM   #3
bobinfla
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M240i

Mine has also been stuck in Quality Check since 11/12. When I called the Genius line yesterday the guy said a lot of cars are waiting on the Receiver Audio Module (RAM) like has been mentioned in other threads.
Appreciate 1
yanks1484.00