First BMW! Pictures and Thoughts.

First BMW! Pictures and Thoughts

Timeline:
Build week 40
10/02 enter production
10/14 finished production enter QA
10/25 enter final assembly
11/22 Ready for transport
12/06 at the port (I did track everyday, it jumped here)
12/08 delivered

I ordered a 230i with almost all the options. ACC, HUD, M sport differential, premium package.
This is my first new car as well. I actually pay for PPF for a full car (5500$). Yeah I didnt want to get the 240i, but I spent the extra 5500$ just for PPF.

Driving experiences:
I test drove a 330 a few months ago. I feel the new two series are way better, although I am not a car guy. I do work with UX a bit in my daily job, so I do care quite a bit about user experiences.

When I drive I can actually see the hood of the car. That is not so ideal for night driving as it reflects lights.

Love the live cockpit UI, I think it is the best out there.

ACC is super convenient, along with the HUD. It can display not just the speed you are going, also the speed limit, incoming speed cameras, and navigation.

Space:
I somehow like my seats a bit forward. I actually fit in the backseats okay, I am 5 9".

The glove box is really small, not quite liking it.
The trunk is also not big, however I like the organizing net on each side of the trunk.

Appearances:
I was surprised with the car when I saw it. It looks really nice, there is some angle that I haven't seen in the video/photos before.

Ambient lighting is really not very bright at all.

Misc Notes:
MPG is shown on the right panel of the live cockpit UI. There is a trip computer button on the left side of the steering wheel.
I did get the performance-non runflat, pirelli P Zero PZ4 (I believed). I wished they had non-runflat for all seasons but they don't. (or it is not an option on the build site, never ask CA to double check.)

I did a drive from Houston to Austin, 30 mpg, however I did some mess around during the way. So it could be better if you just do eco pro.
Appreciate 1
yanks1484.00